Status: currently working

Pure Addiction

Chapter 22: Help Wanted

Deep underneath the surface I wanted to cry, but I refused to. My main focus was how I could keep Kol happy. That was going to be my life until he said otherwise. I should have really considered drinking that vervain tea.

"I'm going to make a drink, would you like one?" I offered.

"I'd love one." His face was right back to pleasant.

I put two pint glasses down on the island and began pulling out different kinds of liquor. Kol loved his drinks nice and stiff, so that's exactly what he was going to get. I placed a couple of ice cubes in the glass and began mixing drinks. Call me an alcoholic but I felt that it was all I needed to get through the little war going on in my body. My heart was begging me to find a way out of the dilemma but my mind was screaming at my body to do whatever I had to as long as Kol was happy. He wouldn't be happy about me defying him so my mind wouldn't allow anything to do with an escape.

My phone began to buzz yet again. Kol looked down at the screen then back up at me.

"I can't even turn your phone on for a single second without the Salvatores calling you. Even that petty little human is trying to call you. It's rather annoying." He shut my phone off again.

He flinched for a second then dug out his phone from his pants pocket. "Hello Nik."

I sipped my drink a little and listened to the conversation as Kol walked into the living room.

"Little Brother, I hope you are not stirring up too much trouble." Klaus commented.

"I like to think of it as curing my boredom." Kol replied as he came back in the kitchen, stood right beside me and dragged a finger down my spine.

"Well then Brother, come home. I have some business to discuss with you. Try not to draw any unwanted attention or you'll find yourself daggered and back in a box and your little toy will never be seen again." Klaus threatened.

Okay, now it's time to finish the drink so I could have another one. I brought the rim of the glass to my lips and finished it in one sip.

"Hey, easy now Big Brother. I will be there shortly." He replied.

I began making myself another drink. It seemed like there wasn't enough alcohol in the world to deal with the shot going on around me.

"Ah, perfect another drink just for me. Thank you." He grabbed the cup right out of my hand and finished it in one gulp. "Well Darling, I got to go. I got some business to attend to. Stay here while I'm gone and be good. If your mother comes home from work compel her to go to Paris or lick a tree, or something. I like it better when she's not around." He placed the empty glass on the kitchen island and picked up my phone. "I'll be taking this with me."

Just like that, he was gone, leaving me to myself. I couldn't leave, I couldn't talk to my friends, and I couldn't even be granted my own phone. With a frustrated sigh I began to pace the living room. All my friends were right, Kol was someone I should have never gotten involved in. I was on vervain at the time so he didn't compel me to like, I just felt drawn to him, that was all. It was my fault for not listening and being so stubborn.

It had been at least hour and all I was doing was pacing, thinking of how I could make Kol happy. Was I supposed to be wearing something nice? Should I be preparing a drink? What should I do?
A loud knock gathered my attention to the front door. I opened the door to see Damon Salvatore standing there in his black leather jacket. Great, just what I needed. If Kol knew Damon was here he would not be happy. This wasn't good.

"Why aren't you answering your phone, Little Miss Sunshine?"

I replied by giving him a serious look and trying to slam the door in his face. I couldn't talk to him, I had to "be good" while Kol was gone. Damon stopped the door mid-way and slammed it open, frustrated at my actions. He had a confused look plastered on his face.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

He then stepped in the house. My lips remained sealed shut. What could I do? I couldn't talk to him or communicate with him in anyway.
"Raine, talk to me! Are you mad or something?"

I remained quiet but I stormed to the kitchen and poured myself a drink. This was very frustrating. I couldn't speak. As much as I wanted to scream and cry for help, I couldn't. My hand gripped the bottom of the glass and I drank it all at once.

"Raine, quit with the damn games and talk to me." Damon was getting frustrated. I didn't say a thing.

"Fine, I'm calling Stefan and Elena." He began dialing numbers on his phone.

Oh no, no, no, NO! Kol wouldn't be happy with that! I grabbed Damon's phone and smashed it into the floor.
"Hey!" He yelled.

I let my fangs come out and moved at him with my vampire speed. My hands tried to reach around his neck but he spun me around and after that everything went black.

[Kol POV]
"Alright Big Brother, I'm here. Now what kind of business do we have to discuss?" Kol asked, plopping down on the couch.

"I need you in Denver, get close to that Jeremy boy. I might need to use him. As you know our mother binded us all together. If one of us dies, we all die and I can't have that." Klaus explained.

"So will I be bringing him home?" Kol asked, leaning forward.

"No, you're going to be staying there for a while. So be friends with him, but don't let him know you're one of us. Can you handle that?"

Kol gave off a big smile. "Must you think I'm so useless? I can do it, no problem. Besides, I need to take a trip up there anyway." Kol got up and began to walk towards the staircase.

"And do me a favor, leave that other Lincon girl alone. If you do anything to her, I'll put a dagger in your heart." Klaus threatened.

"Again with the dagger threats Nik? Don't you have anything better?"

"Trust me, you don't want to find out."

With that in mind, he smirked and walked out of the big white mansion. On his way to Denver.

[Ivy POV]
Ivy stood in her little room looking at herself in the mirror. Her own image reminded her of Raine. The only difference was that she had straight hair. That was the only way anyone could tell the difference between them. She smiled at the the memories of all the times they would change their hair just to confuse people.

She missed her sister and her mother dearly. As a matter of fact, she was upset that Raine hadn't answered her calls. She had a feeling that something wasn't right but what could possibly go wrong? Raine was one of the strongest people she had ever known. Even after the accident that killed their father and brother, Raine kept it together. She never fell apart.

A timid knock on her door made her jump out of her skin. Deep down she was hoping for it to be her sister, ready to take her home. She opened the door to see a man with short dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. Her stomach fluttered when he smiled at her.

"Jeremy, what are you doing here?" She asked nervously.

"Your aunt Tina told me you were here, I thought I'd stop by and see how you've been." He pushed by her and looked at the room that was once Claire's. "So you want to hang out or something?"

Her stomach nearly leapt out of her throat. She had a huge crush on Jeremy since he became a freshmen in their school. It was practically her dream to become his girlfriend. A smile crept up on her face.

"Sure, where do you want to go?" She asked.

"How about the batting cages? I need to work on my swing." Jeremy suggested.

Ivy's smile turned on big. "Yeah, that would be really fun."

[Raine POV]
When I woke up I was in a cell with very little light. My neck was practically killing me. I let out a croak and began to cough. What the hell happened to me? I stumbled for a second but once I had my balance I went for the door. Everything was so hard and I was so weak.

"Hello?" I asked in a croaky voice.

Damon came to the little barred window. "You finally feel like being a little chatty Kathy?"

"Please, I have to go home. I can't be here." I begged.

"Why? Were you compelled? Tell me what it is Raine." Damon lifted up a vile of blood and tossed it at me.

I caught the vile, opened it up and poured it down my throat. Thank god, I was starving. All of the sudden it felt like fire was in my throat. I choked and brought myself down to the floor. My whole body began to feel like I was roasting alive in a fire.
Vervain.

"I can't have vervain!" I screamed.

Damon observed my reaction for a minute and then slowly walked away.

"Sorry Raine, it for your own good."

Although my body was kicking at the cell door and I was screaming bloody murder at Damon, my heart was thanking him.

[Tina POV]
Tina brushed her hair behind her ears and bit her lip. She had just received a text message from her sister Tammy. The message had asked her to put Ivy on the next plane to Virginia. Tina never liked being alone especially after her daughter Chloe had left for mystic falls. She had raised her on her own since Chloe was in middle school. After what happened to Raine and Chloe years ago, Chloe's father had become dead to the family, leaving Tina to raise her child by herself.

She heard the door open along with some footsteps. Ivy came into the kitchen wearing a light pink summer dress along with some leggings and a light sweater. Jeremy Gilbert followed her in along with a real handsome man with short dark hair and dark eyes. The moment she saw him she felt hypnotized. It had been a long time since there was a man in her life and she was hoping to have her needs fulfilled.

"Ivy, who is this?" She asked, smiling at the handsome man.

"Oh, where are my manners?" The man stepped up to her and held out his hand. "I'm Kol Mikaelson."

"Tina Shea." She shook his hand and gave her a flirty smile. "Ivy, your mother texted me and she wants you to pack your stuff. Raine wants you to go home."

"Is everything okay?" Ivy asked confused.

"Yeah, I think your sister just misses you." Tina replied.

"Oh, that's cool. Hey, when you get back to Mystic falls can you check up on Elena?" He turned to Ivy.

She gave her head a nod.

"Would you like some help packing?" Kol offered.

"Sure. Jeremy, you coming?" Ivy asked.

Jeremy shook his head. "I actually have to study for that test tomorrow. I'm sorry." Jeremy looked like he felt bad.

"Don't feel bad, Mate. I'll be sure to help the lady out." Kol smiled at Jeremy.

Jeremy nodded his head in agreement and simply turned to walk away.

[Kol POV]
Kol began to head upstairs with Ivy. He was glad to hear that Ivy was going back to Mystic falls. He needed to get a message back to Raine anyways. As soon as she opened the white wooden door he quickly grabbed her and pinned her on the bed with a hand covering her mouth. She was squirming and trying to scream but he was too strong for her.

"Pipe down, I'm not going to hurt you." He looked into those blue eyes of hers. "You're going to tell Raine when you get home that of she wants to make me happy she will come to Denver. Forget everything that just happened and forget after you tell her the message."
As soon as Ivy blinked he got off her and folded his arms over his chest.

"Your looking a little tired. You alright?" He asked with his sweet and innocent smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just one more chapter anyone excited? Please don't forget to leave a comment of you wish