Status: currently working

Pure Addiction

Chapter 23: We all fall down

[Raine POV]
"Raine?" My mother's voice rang in my ears.

"Mom?" I got up and walked to the door. "Mom, thank God. Please let me out, I have to go home."

Mom backed away from the door so I couldn't reach her. "I'm sorry Raine, but I can't do that. You need to be in there. Where it's safe, away from Kol."

"No, no, no." I began trying to think of an argument.

"Listen to me, I just talked to your aunt Tina. She is going to help us break the compulsion. Your sister is on her way here."

Her words only caused rage. I started slamming myself in the cell door, hoping to break free. This couldn't happen. Kol wouldn't be happy if they got me off his compulsion.

"Let me out!" I screamed.

[Tammy POV]
Tammy walked away from the cell and went back upstairs. She couldn't stand to see Raine like that. Even though she no longer saw her as a daughter, she still felt some kind of a connection to her. Luckily for her, the Salvatores let her mail a certain package to her sister. Not just an ordinary package. One that held a secret little dagger and a small pouch of white oak ash.

Once Tina had Kol daggered she was going to bring him to Mystic Falls and they were going to drop him in the quarry. Then Raine would be safe and be able to protect her daughter Ivy again. That was all that mattered because Ivy was all she had left.

[Ivy POV]
Ivy zipped up her suitcase and turned to look at herself in the mirror. She was excited to finally see her sister again she was just trying not to show it too much. Her sister Raine was always good at it so why couldn't she do it? Her smile finally split and she jumped up in excitement.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a quick minute?" Tina's voice disrupted Ivy's little outburst of excitement.

Ivy straightened herself out.

"How would you feel about me coming to Mystic Falls with you for a few days as a vacation?"

"Oh that's such a great idea! Chloe and Raine would be so happy to see you!" Ivy smiled so hard her face began to hurt.

Tina let out a chuckle. "Well I'm glad you feel that way. Only thing is you got the last ticket, next one won't be for weeks so I figured I'll just drive and meet you guys there. I'll leave tonight that way I'll be at the house waiting when your plane leaves and I can leave you about 300$ so you can get food and pay for a taxi to take you to the airport. Does that sound alright?" Tina asked.

Ivy nodded her head. "Yeah, I'm a big girl aunty. I can handle that. What time is my plane?"

"It's tomorrow at 3 pm. Remember, always be early so you can get through security." Tina reminded.

Ivy kept her smile on as her aunt left her to finish packing her things. Finally her family would be able to spend time together. She missed being that big happy family. That all changed when they lost their father and little brother.

[Tina POV]
Tina waited for her niece to fall asleep before finally deciding it was time to leave. She had to track down Kol and stake the dagger in his heart, then drive him to Mystic Falls. If he was an ordinary vampire she probably wouldn't have felt so nervous. Kol was an original and could probably kill her with a blink of the eye so she had to be careful.
She pulled up her dark blue jeans and put on her flirtatious halter top. There were only certain ways that attracted men like Kol and it was flirting. She would have the advantage of knowing the true monster that he was and just how to kill him. While he would think he had the upper hand he would soon realize that the tables could turn very quickly.

She found him sitting at a local bar, draining it dry of alcohol all on his own. She fixed her brunette hair and sat down beside him. The bartender asked what she cared for and she had asked for bourbon. That caught Kol's attention. She knew it the moment he turned to her with a smile on his face.

"Nice that a beautiful lady such as yourself drinks such a fine drink." He commented.

She smiled at him and lightly sipped the auburn colored liquor. "Nice that a handsome man such as yourself would notice." She replied.

"Well, it's very hard for one not to recognize someone so beautiful." He was starting to get really flirty now. "Are you here by yourself?" He asked.

"Yep, my niece is heading back to Mystic Falls so I'm feeling a little lonely." She looked right into his eyes.

"Oh well I certainly cannot let a woman like you be all alone. May I accompany you?"

Tina felt Kol's hands on her hips as he pushed her up against the car. Their lips connected and she knew it wouldn't be long. She just had to wait for the right time to strike. Kol let out a chuckle and backed up by a step.

"I'm sorry, it's just there is something I have been dying to tell you."

Tina put her hand in her jacket pocket and gripped the dagger.

"You see Dear, I'm not who you think I am." Kol went to lunge at her.

Tina pulled the dagger out and stuck it right into Kol's chest just as he was about to bite her. His whole body froze and his skin turned a grey color with black veins that began running up his neck and face.
She let out a breath of relief and popped her trunk open. Now to Mystic Falls.

[Raine POV]
I woke up feeling completely different. I was myself again and I wasn't worried about making Kol happy. There was no need to go home or remain quiet when my friends wanted to speak to me. It was finally over.

"How's it going chitter box?" Damon asked throwing a vile of blood in my cell.

I ran to the vile and opened it up, my stomach cramping from hunger. As soon as I smelled the blood my nose burned at the scent. As if starving me wasn't enough.

"More vervain? Seriously?" I asked as I looked up at Damon.

"We need to make sure you can't be compelled again. Something bad could happen." He explained.

"I know, I know. Safety first. Bottoms up." I lifted the vial up and let the blood flow down my throat.

The burning sensation sent me into another coughing fit. It was so painful I couldn't even stand, I had to crouch to the floor and use my hands to keep me up. It felt like I was breathing fire.

"Finally talking now, huh?"

I gathered my strength to stand up and met Damon at the barred window. "Yep, no more worrying about making Kol happy. I can finally talk to you guys and do whatever I want to do." I gave Damon one of my smile.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Like myself only starving. Can I have a blood bag now?"

"Sorry, but we can't give you a bag until we find out if you are really you. But I can give you one more of these vials of blood without the vervain." He offered.

"Oh thank you." I reached up and grabbed the vial that Damon had in his hand. I gulped the blood down and looked back at Damon. "So how is everyone?" I asked.

"Their doing just fine, Elana has been anxious to see you. I would let you out but I don't know if I can trust you again." Damon folded his arms over his chest and scanned my face with his blue eyes.

"You can trust me Damon. The only reason why I acted the way I did was because Kol compelled me to do whatever made him happy. He told me if I talked to you guys it would upset him so I couldn't talk and I couldn't ask for help." I began to explain.

"Would you like me to get you a therapist?" Damon replied in a smart tone.

I sighed and sat back down on the bed. "Glad to know your still a dick."

"Forever and always." He said before leaving.

I let out a sigh and closed my eyes, hoping to go back asleep. I felt so drained of energy and I was still in so much pain. Who knew that when a vampire went without blood it was like a junkie going through withdrawals. All I could think about was blood. All I wanted was blood and I was almost at the point of killing someone for it.
As soon as my body finally relaxed I was back asleep and the pain was gone. Though it was only until I woke up again It felt good to temporary stop the pain.

Just when I felt the pain stop I heard a loud clunking sound that made my body jumped up. My eyes went to the window to see Stefan looking down at me. His green eyes were full of guilt and his face looked like he was mad at something. Maybe he was mad because of the fact that I was starving even when I didn't need to. I sat up and felt the whole room spin as of I was drunk.

"Stefan, I hope you got some good news." My voice was beginning to get croaky.

"I got real good news, we got in touch with your mother. She said your aunt is here and she staked Kol so we know your compulsion free." Stefan held up a bag of blood and gave it a little shake before throwing it in my cell.

I ripped the rubber stopper off it and began sucking down all the blood that I could. All the pain was slowly fading and I suddenly felt much better. I had all my energy back and I wasn't so tired anymore.
Stefan opened the cell door and held out my daylight ring.

"You ready to come up and see everyone?" He asked.

I gave my head a nod and put my ring back on. "Thank you." I whispered.

"Don't mention it." He replied.

Elena, Bonnie, and Caroline were all upstairs waiting for me. Elena had this dark teal long sleeved shirt on and Caroline had on a red short sleeved shirt that went well with her complexion. Bonnie had on a white shirt that had red little floral designs at the bottom of it. I didn't even take an extra second to focus on their clothes, I was just so happy to finally be free.

"You know, I cannot thank you guys enough for helping me." I was the first one to talk.

"Don't even worry about that Raine, we're all just glad that you're alive." Elena replied. "My mind is still kind of fuzzy but I need to make sure, I didn't hurt any of you guys, did I?" I asked looking at the three beautiful girls before me.

Bonnie shook her head. "No you were pretty much isolated from all of us. We kept trying to call or text you but you never answered." Bonnie replied.

"That was when I figured something was up." Caroline spoke up.

All I could do was smile. "Well, thank you guys, again."

"It's getting late, I'll take you home." Elena offered.

We just reached the door when Damon came out, with his black leather jacket on. "No more damsel in distress, alright?" Damon teased.

Elena and I both rolled our eyes at Damon's home before opening the door, on our way to my house. I finally got to go home.

[Tina POV]
Tina backed her car as close as she could to the query. She popped the trunk and began dragging Kol's body out of the trunk.

"God, you're heavy." She groaned as his body hit the ground.

A loud snapping sound behind her made her jump. She felt her heartbeat pick up and pulled the dagger out of Kol's chest to use for a weapon. After growing up on Mystic Falls, she was very well aware of all the crazy things that happened here. She also refused to let her guard down until she knew Raine was safe again.

Her dark brown eyes searched the dark woods and when she didn't see anything she let out a breath of relief. It must have been her imagination getting to her.

She turned around and bumped into a hard, cold object. Before she could even figure out to do she went hold up the dagger but Kol grabbed her wrist and squeezed real hard. She tried to hold on to the weapon but her hand opened involuntarily and the weapon fell onto the forest floor.

Kol pinned her against the car and dug his fangs into her neck. Tina knew she was going to die after that. There was just something she felt down inside, so she decided to stop fighting. A human never stood a chance against an original anyway.

[Tammy POV]
Tammy heard a persistent knock at the door. She rushed to the door and opened it to see Ivy standing there in a short black summer dress that hugged her body tightly. The high-heeled boots she had on made her a few inches taller than her mother. Tammy was actually surprised by the clothes she had on. They seemed more like Raine's style and Ivy hated Raine's style. Either way, Tammy ignored it and stepped out of the way.

"Ivy, come on in and give your mother a hug." She opened her arms and watched as Ivy stepped in the house and wrapped her arms around her body.

"I missed you so much." Tammy noted.

"I missed you too. I would love to stay and chat but the plane ride tired me out, you mind if I just head to bed?" Ivy began to walk towards the stairs.

"Actually, your sister is on her way here so why don't you just wait a few more minutes?" Tammy asked.

"Or I could just go to bed and see her in the morning." Raine began to head towards the stairs.

Tammy almost couldn't believe the words coming out of her daughters mouth. "Ivy you will stay up to see your sister, now watch the attitude. I am your mother, I am the boss." She kept her voice sturdy.

Ivy's lips were pressed in a hard, thin line.

"God, I forgot that you were a bitch."

Ivy's words made Tammy flabbergasted. Ivy never used language about her mother like that. Never in that time either.

She was about to chastise her daughter when Ivy sprung onto of her in such a fast motion.

[Raine POV]
"God, I can't wait to take a shower and change out of this nasty outfit. It still has dirt on it." I commented as we pulled up to the front of the house.

"You deserve it Raine. Let me know if there is anything else." Elena offered.

"Thank you so much." I leaned over and gave Elena a hug.

"Your welcome. Keep us updated when you can." Elena began to raise her voice as I got out of her car.

I waved her goodbye and immediately began to open the door. Elena drove off as soon as I opened the door. A strong scent of blood smacked me in the face so I turned towards the kitchen. My house keys literally slipped between my fingers as I watched the sight before me. Was my sister Ivy drinking my mom's blood?
♠ ♠ ♠
And that is the finale my dear readers thank you so much for reading my book it really means a lot to me for all those who recommend and comment and subscribe you are all just the best. Don't forget to leave comments they are always welcome :)