Status: currently working

Pure Addiction

Chapter 3: Blackmail

Those dark brown eyes studied my tiny body as he inched further. My heart began to race. He was either going to kiss me or kill me and the uncertainty of it was keeping me edge. The adrenaline was rushing to my mind, almost making my legs wobble. Okay, I definately had too much to drink.

"I should go." I commented as I looked into those adorable eyes of his. It was amazing how cute he was yet deadly at the same time.

"I will let you go this time, Darling." He picked my hand up and kissed the top of it. "But next time I won't let you go so easily." He then gently pulled a piece of my hair away from my face. His skin was cold as ice, sending shivers down my spine.

That night I took a hot shower and put on a short light blue nightgown. I had a big day tomorrow, setting up up for the halloween party. As soon as I hit the bed I drifted off into a deep sleep.

I opened my eyes to see that it was still night time but my throat was parched. My feet made quiet pitter patter sounds against the floor as I sneaked down stairs. The moment I opened the freezer the cool air slapped me, waking me from my tired daze. I placed a handful of ice in my cup and shut the freezer. It took my eyes a second to adjust but that's when I realized I wasn't alone. The glass slipped out of my hand and shattered against the floor. A quiet gasp escaped my mouth.

"Kol, how did you get in here?" I asked, completely frozen in my stance.

"I'm a vampire, Darling. Breaking and entering your house should't come as a surprise to you." He replied stepping over the broken glass.

I stepped back, trying to create space between us. He backed backed me into a counter and kept coming at me. There was very little room between us and he was a very intimidating vampire. Not just any vampire but an original, one of the first ever made.

"What do you want from me?" I asked in a scared whisper.

He grabbed me by the arm and brought me even closer to him. I should have been scared, I should have wanted to scream, but why didn't I? For some reason I thought what he was doing was hot. He placed his hands on my hips, picked me up and sat me on the counter. I couldn't resist him any longer, I grabbed him by his shirt and brought his face closer to mine.

Our lips made a connection as he began to open my legs so he could be evem closer to me. I grinded my hips into him as I hugged him tightly. He began kissing my neck and that's when I felt him bite into my flesh.

I jumped up with beads of sweat gluing my hair to my forehead. My feet swung over the bed in a frustrated like motion. No matter how big of a crush I had on Kol I couldn't let him inside my house. Just like Klaus or any other Mikaelson. Stefan, Damon, and Caroline were the only vampires invited in my house. I planned on keeping it that way.
Since the day was just begining I figured it was too early to wear my costume. I put on a pair of dark blue jeans with my black and red halter-top corset. It went perfectly with my black high heeled boots. The sound of our doorbell chime caught my attention. I began heading down the stairs where I saw my twin standing at the door.

"May I come in?" A familair voice asked.

I could only imagine Ivy having that sweet gentle smile on her face. My feet scrambled to the door.

"Yeah sure come-"

"No need to invite him in, Ivy." I cut her off as I stood beside her.

Klaus looked a little disappointed but did his best not to show it. Ivy turned to me with a look of shock all over her face.

"Raine, now that is just rude of you to say." She then turned to Klaus with a smile on her face.

"Please-"

"Don't-"

"Come in." Ivy ignored me.

Klaus gave me that evil smirk that all the Mikaelson's tend to have. He stepped in the house, gently brushing against me. So much for having a Mikaelson free home. I sent daggers to my twin sister. She had no idea what she just did.

"Well, I'm going to help get the other house ready for the halloween party. Mom has already started. Have your friend here give you a ride because I'm taking the car. Oh and be nice." Ivy demanded as she walked out of the house. When she turned to close the house door she whispered "he's cute."

I could see Klaus giving off another pride-filled smirk in the corner of my eye. "Don't bother, he's an ass." I whispered back, knowing he was listening to us.

My sister rolled her eyes at me and closed the door, leaving Klaus and I by ourselves. The near thought of it made me shutter. Did I have any vervain today? Shit, my bracelet, where was it?

"What do you want Klaus?" I asked folding my arms over my chest.
"It's been brought to my attention that your family is throwing a halloween party tonight." Klaus replied. "I need you to invite my little brother and keep him preoccupied."

I raised my eyebrows, surprised. How the hell was I supposed to do that? Was this some kind of joke? All I could do was let out a nervous laugh that earned a serious look from Klaus.

"Oh your serious." I commented in a surprised voice. "No way, I can't do that."

"Dressed like that you sure can." Klaus argued as he made himself comfortable on my couch.

"No, it's bad enough my sister invited you in this house. I'm certainly not inviting Kol in the other house!" I placed my hands on my hips, annoyed.

"Very well, I'm just going to catch up with your little sister and tell her about Dylan." Klaus then got up and headed towards the door.

I was baffled for a second. "Dylan? What about my sister's ex?"

"Oh I'm just going to tell her about that one night stand you guys had. She's your sister, she deserves to know the truth." He opened the door and began to step outside.

I rushed infront of him and blocked the doorway so he couldn't leave. I may have been only a human but at least I could try to talk him out of it. Yes, I had sex with my sister's boyfriend once and it was the biggest mistake of my life. Even after a whole year it still manages to haunt me.

"How did you find out about Dylan?" I asked.

Just compelled a few people, got some dirt on you. I must say Raine you have been a naughty girl, tsk tsk." Klaus answered.

"Fine. I'll do it. Just stay the hell away from my sister." I finally gave in. "I'll write down the address and time and you can give it to Kol."

"No you're going to invite him in person. Show a little respect. Oh and you might want to invite Rebekah while your at it. She fancies such things."

All I could do was give Klaus an annoyed look. I let out a frustrated sigh. "Fine. Let me get ready and we can find Kol and I'll invite him and your sister."

"That a girl." Klaus finally shut the door.

I was standing in front of my mirror fixing my curly hair when I saw Klaus come up from behind me.

"Are you ready yet? I do have other things to attend to." Klaus asked irritated.

"Yep, just making sure my hair alright. I'm still not sure how you expect me occupy Kol at the halloween party. I answered, gathering my costume.

"It's simple, just play hard to get. My brother wanted you the moment he laid eyes on you. Tell me, are you the least bit frightened that an Original vampire is begining to fancy you?" Klaus responded as we walked up to his black blazer.

I put my black sunglasses on. "Not at all."

When I sat in the passenger seat Klaus looked at me and commented, "Well aren't you bold. Now I see why my brother wants you."

Why did that turn me on?