Status: currently working

Pure Addiction

Chapter 4: Halloween party

My light blue eyes searched the huge mansion that was before me. It made me feel like a kid in a candy store again. You would figure being in a mansion with a whole family of vampires would have scared me. Instead, I was fascinated with it all. Kol popped in front of me and made me jump back. Damn vampires, always have to scare somebody.

"Raine, nice to see you again. I see you couldn't resist the urge to see me." Kol greeted me with that shit-eating grin of his.

"Actually, my sister and I are throwing a Halloween party. I was wondering if you and Rebekah would like to come? There will be some nice old fashioned drinks just for you." I offered.

"Well, of course, Darling. What time?" He asked.

"Tonight at eight." I scanned his whole body and then his face. "You would probably make a great Jack the ripper. I'll see you there." I handed him the address on paper then turned to walk away but he reappeared right in front me. The wind rushed to my face and blew my hair back from the sudden movement.

"So, does this mean I get a goodbye kiss?" He asked inching closer to me with his hands held behind his back.

"You so much as touch me and you'll be wearing a black eye. . . for a second." I responded.

[Kol POV]
Kol watched the human walk away and kept his eyes on her backside. Man did she have a nice body, the things he wanted to do to her. That's when he noticed Klaus behind him, enjoying the view. Anger twisted inside his gut and for a quick second he felt himself fill with jealousy.

"So, how did you do it? Compulsion? Manipulation?" Kol asked his brother as soon as the door to the mansion shut.

"Blackmail, it works every time." Klaus answered in a easy smooth voice. "Just remember our deal." He reminded Kol.

"I like her, she looks like Risiska and she got that attitude. I mean who else could tame something like that but me?" Kol asked. "I mean, there is two so why can't I just enjoy one?"

Klaus let out a sigh. "Kol, we already had this conversation. Double doppelgängers are very, very rare. You can have all the fun you want with Raine and I will help you the best I can. Just don't leave a trail and don't kill her, I need her alive."

Kol put on a big smile as evil thoughts flooded his mind. He didn't remember anything being said about not turning her. Nik said he wanted her alive, there wasn't much difference with her being dead-alive.

[Raine POV]
"I'm sorry I'm late, I had to invite a couple of friends." I explained as I immediately helped my mom with decorations.

"It's okay. Was it that cute guy you were talking to at the bar?" Ivy asked as she hung up a strobe light.

"Oh a guy, huh? It's about time you moved on from Trevor." My mom commented.

I scowled at her comment. If only she knew what he was, she wouldn't be so happy at all. As the day went on I set up the bar and continued decorating outside. I was just glad we were having this party at the other house and not the one we lived in. When Grams died she left the house in Ivy and my name. This house was my person get away from every day bullshit. The only problem now was all the people we were going to be inviting in.

Ivy came down the stairs wearing a white short dress that had off-the-shoulder straps. The hem of her dress was ridged with lace and her hair was in a bun.

"So, how does the dead bride look?" Ivy asked.

I smiled. "Very alive. Listen, I'm going to get ready. I'll be right back so be good." I noted.

"I'm the one who always have to tell you that." Ivy chuckled.

My red riding hood costume was a black halter top dress with a red corset that had black ribbon to tie it close in the front. My red cape fell to the back of my knees and my black boots went perfect with my outfit. I heard music begin to play and I immediately went downstairs. A whole bunch of people were flowing through the door like a colony of ants.

Rebekah came in a red tank top dress with black heels. She didn't seem to be dressed as anything specific so I guessed she was supposed to a vampire. In other words: herself. Kol followed her in the house, dressed in an old 1880's suit. He had my vote for 'hottie of the night'.

I was at the bar pouring myself a drink, but it seemed hard with the strobe lights. There was loud music blaring and people shouting I took a sip of my mixed drink and turned to see Rebekah right behind me.

"Rebekah, nice dress." I complimented her.

She gave me a smile. "Thank you, I'm enjoying this party. I must say though, I admire your bravery."

I gave my head a slight tilt, showing my confusion.

"You invited my brother and I knowing what we are." She explained.

I sipped my drink. "I'm not one to pass judgment. Besides I actually enjoy the company of danger."

"You're so. . . bold."

I gave her a slight bow. "Help yourself to anything you want." I then walked into the next room to see Dylan dressed as a football player, talking to Ivy. His eyes went right to me then back to Ivy. I rolled my eyes an turned to head upstairs but Kol was blocking the stairs.

"Planning on leaving the party so soon?" He asked.

"No, of course not." My eyes scanned him and noticed little red spots on his outfit. "Good time to wear your dinner?" I asked, pointing at his outfit.

"It's the only time I can." He joked.

the rest of the night was practically cat and mouse, Kol was trying to charm me the best he could. As for me? I tried not to fall for his charm too much. Caroline an Tyler showed up both dressed as though they were from Spartan time in Greece. Bonnie came dressed as a witch and Elena was a nurse. . . Again. Stefan and Damon came dressed as themselves. My eyes gued to the whole group, hoping they didn't come to crash the party.

"I take it those are your friends." He commented.

"Yeah, their sort of protective of me. I'm going to get myself another drink." I went up to the bar and began pouring myself a drink. Elena came up beside me.

"So, who was that man you were with?" She asked.

"Just a friend." I kept my answer simple.

"Are you aware that he is Klaus's younger brother? I know your a daredevil and wild ad whatever, but Raine stay away from him. He will kill you." Elena warned

"Don't worry about me, Elena. If he wanted me dead I would have been dead already." I replied finishing my drink.

"You don't know what your getting yourself into. This is dangerous." She responded.

"You know what's dangerous?" I was about to say 'lecturing me' but then I noticed I hadn't seen Ivy in a while. Last time I had seen her she was with Dylan.

"What?" Elena asked.

"Me not seeing my twin sister anywhere, that's very dangerous." I replied slamming my drink down on the bar. "Ivy?" I called out.

She wasn't anywhere at all. Not even in the huge crowd outside. Panic was making my heart race and the room was almost spinning. I ran upstairs and I heard something that sounded like struggling.

"Ivy?" I tried opening the door but it was locked. "Come on Ivy, let me in." There was no reply.

I stepped back and kicked the door right below the door handle. the door swung open and there I saw Ivy surrounded by a group of boys. All eyes were on me but the only thing I saw was the color red.

"Ivy, get out." I demanded.

She got off the floor and went to run past me with tears welling up in her eyes. I grabbed her arm and whispered for her to get Elena and the Salvatores. Just as she stepped out of the room the door was slammed shut behind me. They were looking at me a certain way as if hey were hyenas and I was a piece of juicy steak. My heart beat echoed through my ears as I realized they were all vampires.

"Big sister coming to the rescue. You always were the brave one." Dylan commented.

I felt a pair of cold hands touch my neck and my blood red cape fell. My spine tingled and my whole body shivered as I kept my eyes on Dylan.

"I suppose it don't matter which sister we get. You both seem rather tasty." Dylan began to make his vampire face show with little black veins bulging under his eyes.

I felt hands grab my shoulders and I tried to shrug them off. "Don't touch me!" All of them dragged me further into the room and tossed me onto the queen sized bed. "Stop! Get off me!" I kicked a vampire in the face making him hiss in anger. I tried pulling them off me but their strength was inhumane. Cold hands were touching me everywhere, trying to get off my dress and boots.

Suddenly a vampire was yanked off me. I sat up and tried to see what was happening but everything was moving so fast A wave of vampire blood splashed me in the face and all over my outfit. Kol was standing in front of me, searching for a reaction. His hands were stained with dripping blood. My sister came into the room and began to scream in a high pitch. I kept my eyes on Kol and for a second I wasn't sure if I was going to puke or scream like Ivy. I opened my mouth and tried to breathe. The scent of vampires blood was very intoxicating.

"Raine, are you alright?" Stefan's voice ran in my ears.
I found it hard to swallow while I tried convincing myself not to get sick.

"Raine?" Kol asked.