Status: currently working

Pure Addiction

Chaptr 6: Rumor has it

[Raine POV]
A wave of exhaustion suddenly slammed in to me. I rubbed my eyes and put all the cleaning supplies away. Instead of going home I just curled up on the bed and fell into a deep sleep.

It seemed like I was only asleep for a few minutes before I wake up again. I let out a frustrated sigh and headed for the bathroom. Cold water puddled into my hands before I leaned down to splash my face. As soon as I looked in the mirror I saw Kol standing behind me.

"Oh God!" I jumped and let out a sigh. "Kol, don't do that." I said irritated as I turned around.

"Just wanted to pay a late night visit, Darling." He spoke softly. "So, been having any dreams of me lately?"

"Don't flatter yourself." I replied as I tried to walk by him.

He stuck his arm out and pried his hand against the door frame, trapping me in the bathroom. "Oh come on Raine, you and I both know there is something going on between us. So why are we playing these games?"

I looked up at him and noticed that he was wearing different clothes. He had on a pair of dark blue jeans and a black shirt that clung tightly to his body. He was right. I wanted him so bad and with him standing there, who could resist?

"What are you waiting for?" He asked as he stood straight and ran his hand through my hair.

I pushed him on to the bed and immediately crashed my lips on his. His cold hands began to unbutton my corset. I let him roll on top of me and looked into those chocolate brown eyes of his.

"I want you to be mine forever."

I didn't know how to react to that.

My whole body jolted awake, brining my attention to the bright sun light that was filling the room. Another dream of Kol that left me panting and feeling a need for release. Usually by now I would have screwed him and been gone by now but he kept plaguing my dreams and he somehow had my full undivided attention. It was actually irritating to me. Don't get me wrong he was hot, but I never had dreams like that before. The first thing I did was stretch my arms over my head, pulling the tightness out of my back.

After I brushed my teeth I put on my black boots and searched for a scarf. I normally didn't wear scarfs but I felt it would be best to cover up the vampire bite marks from last night. Ivy was ignorant to what really existed in the world and I wanted to try my best to keep it that way. She may have been my twin but I saw her as my little twin so therefore it was up to me to hide all the dangerous things and take what ever she couldn't handle.

[Tammy POV]
Tammy was gathering the groceries from her cart and placing them to the trunk of her light blue mazda. She saw a police car pull up and out came a deputy dressed in his uniform. He had a short dark brown buzzed hair cut and nice light brown eyes. Almost like a teddy bear brown.

"Tammy I am very sorry to disrupt your day." The deputy sounded sincere.

"It's okay, does Sheriff Forbes need my assistance?" Tammy asked.

"No Tammy, this is about your daughter, Raine."

Tammy's heart began to race and anxiety was swarming in her head. What could have happened? Raine wasn't the best kid in the world but she always had good intentions. Did she get herself mixed up with the wrong crowd? Was she even alive?

"Oh God, is she okay?"

"Well she is okay it's just. . .I fear that she is having sexual relations with a vampire. Has she been taking vervain?" The deputy asked.

Tammy couldn't believe what she was hearing. Her daughter may have been a bit wild but it was unbelievable that she would sleep with a vampire. Especially since Raine was on vervain, she knew the dangers of vampires in Mystic falls. Then again her daughter was sort of a daredevil.

"What would make you think such a thing? Of course we both are." Tammy finally found her voice.

"Well one of her dear friends pulled me aside and asked about the bite marks on her neck. He came to me because he was very concerned and said she was with Dylan late last night. They were gone for about an hour and when she returned she had bite marks on her neck." the deputy replied.

"I will look into it. Thank you for brining that to my attention." Tammy responded.

[Raine POV]
I was gathering all the trash bags that were full of garbage when the front door popped open. Ivy walked un along with Elena, Stefan, and Damon. Elena had on a pair of black pants with a light purple blouse. Stefan was wearing a pair of light blue jeans and a black V-neck shirt that defined his sculpted body perfectly. Damon kept his whole "I'm so hot" persona with dark blue jeans and a black button up long sleeved shirt. Why did the Salvatores have to been good-looking? My twin was the only one that popped out the most. She had on a white medium length skirt and a light blue tank top. There was a thick brown belt that she had wrapped around her waist.

"Hey guys, what's up? I asked.

"We thought we would help you clean up but you pretty much did everything yourself." Ivy walked up to me and gave me a gently hug.

"Since when do you wear scarfs?" Elena asked, putting a hand on her hip.

"I found it last night, my Grams made it for me. I suppose it wouldn't kill me, wearing it to honor her memory." I lied.

Ivy rolled her eyes and began picking up the trash bags. The moment she was gone I pulled the scarf down a bit so Elena could see the bite marks. They gave a nod, understanding why I was wearing a scarf.

"You know I could just feed you some of my blood." Damon offered.

I shook my head as I began to sweep the kitchen. "No. I don't want to risk becoming a vampire."

"You know your mom has joined the city council?" Damon asked, searching the cavorts for bourbon.

"Yep. She always knew about vampires. When I found out and talked to her she already knew. We both keep a steady supply of vervain.
Every once in a while we slip some in Ivy's drinks." I explained.

"Raine, are you sure you're alright? You almost died last night." Elena stepped forward and grabbed the broom from me.

Almost dying didn't really bother me that much. I was alive now, that was all that mattered to me.

"I'm fine. In a world full of supernatural creatures I have a doppelgänger, a couple of vampires, and a witch for friends." I smiled and searched the small crowd. "Speaking of Bonnie, where is she?" I asked.

"She's spending time with Jeremy." Elena answered.

"Enough chattering, let's get cleaning." Caroline's voice mad me turn around to see the blonde in a light blue summer dress.

"Thanks for coming with me to help guys." Ivy came back in the room.

After a whole day of cleaning up spills and many piles of vomit the house eventually became spotless. We ordered pizza and just had a friends day. Unfortunately it ended fast and before I knew it I was driving ivy home in our Buick. As soon as we went in Ivy ran up the stairs to take a shower. Mom was sitting in the kitchen, drinking her vervain tea again.

"Raine, come here please." Mom asked in a civil tone.

I stepped into the plan white kitchen and placed the keys on the kitchen island. "Hey Mom."

"What's with he scarf? Not really your style kiddo." Mom asked.

"Well my grams did make it for me I figure I would-"

Mom cut me off by walking towards me and yanking the scarf down. I tried to move but she held my face and moved it to the side.
"What are you doing?" I asked, trying to hide the bite marks.

"I don't believe it, my daughter screwing a vampire." My mother sneered as she released me and stepped back with her hands on her hips. A look of disappointment grew over her face.

"What? No, Mom, I didn't!" My mom never accused me of anything like this before.

"Have you been taking vervain? Where is your bracelet?" She was beginning to sound like a drill sergeant.

"I forgot it today but I had vervain in water. Mom-"

"So you willingly had sex with a vampire, and not just any vampire! But your sister's ex? Raine Jay Lincon I did not raise a slut."

Using my full name meant that she was royally pissed. So wasn't I. She was being ridiculous. Where was all this coming from?

"But what if you did, Mom? What would you do then? Go to the council and try to pass a law? I'm sure that won't keep the boys out of my pants!" I was speaking in anger, not meaning a word of it.

I felt mom's palm collide into my cheek and a loud smacking sound echoed in the room. She had hit me so hard that my face was turned away from her.

"Mom!" Ivy's voice grabbed both our attention.

It got dead silent and my sister had a look if shock all over her face. Anger was growing inside me so I picked up the car keys and began to storm towards the door.

"Raine, where do you think you're going?" Mom began to follow me outside.

"If your going to accuse me of something, then I mine as well do it." I answered before I hopped in the car and sped off.

[Kol POV]
Kol stood in front of his mirror, trying to fix his hair. His plan was already set in motion and he had only so much time to jump at the opportunity.

"So how's it going with our little double doppelgänger." Klaus asked, entering the room.

"You mean MY double doppelgänger." Kol corrected.

"She is not your pet Kol, she's just someone to cure your boredom temporary. Once you have your fun you will leave her be, that was the terms of our deal." Klaus sounded impatient.

Kol turned to him. "Is that what it was? Because I thought the deal was I could have one as long as I spared the other." He began acting clueless.

"Kol." Klaus spit his name in anger.

It was a joke, brother lighten up." Kol was lying through his teeth. After tonight he planned to keep Raine his forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
To anyone who was wondering, yes kol was the friend that sent the word of Raine sleeping with a vampire only to draw her to him. I would like to thank avenged angel for commenting it really inspires me. the next chapter will have the R rated stuff so if that offends you I would suggest skipping it.