Status: currently working

Pure Addiction

Chapter 8: Digging a little too deep

I woke to a ray of sun in my eyes, signaling that it was morning. The other side of the bed was cold and empty, Kol left after I fell asleep. My whole body was sore and it felt like I ran a triathlon and then fought some famous boxer. My body certainly had taken a beaten good enough to say that. I swung my legs over the bed and decided to get changed into black pants and a light blue tank top with a floral design on it. The only thing I had to worry about was finding make up to cover my bite marks.

After brushing my hair and teeth I put on my leather jacket and looked down at my phone. It began to buzz constantly which was driving me crazy. A picture of my Identical twin popped up. I let out a deep breath and answered the phone.

"Morning, Sis. I hope your not worrying about me because I'm fine."

"Are you sure? Then why didn't you text me? I thought you were dead in a ditch somewhere." Ivy began to scold me.

The only thing I could do was put on a smile. She was worried and she cared for me. That was why I didn't mind her bitching. "Sorry I was. . . a little busy." I pulled out my car keys and opened the door to the Buick.

"Let me guess, the cute boy at the bar?" Ivy asked in a forgiving tone.

I locked the car door and leaned back in the seat. "Yup." That was all I had to say. Ivy knew me well.

"Raine, you should be more careful you have no idea who he really is and what he is capable of." Ivy tried to play the role of our mother.

I chuckled at her statement. "Thanks for the advice Mom, but I'm a big girl. I'm pretty sure I can take care of myself." I put the keys in the ignition and started the car up.

"Anyways, come home. There's something I want to show you." Ivy pleaded.

"On my way home now, take care." I pulled away from the phone and looked at the house one last time before I started driving home.

Ivy was very happy to see that I was alive and safe from any harm. She held me in a tight embrace and whispered how sorry she was for mom hitting me. I pulled away from her and scanned her sympathetic face with my bright blue eyes. I only wished that she wasn't so sweet and innocent, those were always the people that hurt the most.

"So, what did you want to show me?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Oh, come on!" She grabbed my hand and tugged me inside with little effort. "Shut the door, hurry!" She instructed.

I shut the door and looked at her confused. "Umm, okay?"

"Wait right here and close your eyes." She demanded in an excited voice.

I stood still and closed my eyes just to keep her happy. Her footsteps ran into the kitchen, then came back. I couldn't lie, I was excited to see what it was. Ivy loved surprising me and she was the only one I allowed to do so.

"Okay, open them." She finally stated.

I opened my eyes to see Ivy holding a big puppy that was black and tan color with ears that stood up in a triangular shape.

"Oh, you got a puppy? How cute." I reached out and ran my hand through his sable thick fur. "What's his name?"

"Well with all the craziness going on I figured we could use a puppy to keep our minds positive. I was thinking of naming him bandit." Ivy replied.

[Klaus POV]
Klaus was sitting on his couch, working on a sketch when he saw his little brother entering the room. Kol's oncoming obsession with Raine was beginning to bother him. He needed both of the girls alive and continue on the bloodline. That wouldn't happen if they were dead. If Kol continued playing with Raine then there was a possibility of him becoming to attached and that would only end badly. His little brother was completely off balance in the head. He couldn't risk Kol turning Raine into a vampire especially because she resembled Risiska, down to the same curly hair.

"So, you had your fun now, Brother. Can I trust that you will be leaving the double doppelgängers alone?"

"Not yet, Nik." Kol was on his way upstairs.

Klaus dropped his sketch book and appeared in front of Kol. "Kol, I suggest you leave the girl alone before you get too attached and do something you regret."

"Then what would be the fun in that? The fun with Raine is only the beginning."

"What did you do?" Kol was growing impatient with his twisted little brother.

"What's going on?" Rebekah's voice caught Klaus's attention.

Kol used the opportunity to escape the lecture. Klaus clenched his jaw tight and breathed through his nose. He had no idea what to do for the problem on his hands. It was always one thing after another.

"just our brother, stirring up more trouble. He's refusing to leave of my dopplegangers alone."

"Oh, you mean Raine? She's actually not bad for a human." Rebekah replied with a plain smile.

"Yes, well I need you to talk to him. Perhaps introduce him to some of your female friends. You know, distract him a little." Klaus informed, hopping that she would at least understand.

"Who am I to stop our little brother from pursuing what makes him happy?" She asked in a miss goody two shoes voice before she turned around and walked away.

Klaus then realized this was a task that he was going to have to do on his own. He immediately stormed into kol's room and began searching through his personal items. if he couldn't get Kol to leave her alone then he would just make Raine avoid him. He pulled out a picture of Risiska and gave off the Mikaelson smirk. Surely Raine would not be happy if she knew the truth.

[Raine POV]
Ivy and I were playing with Bandit when my phone began to ring. I peaked at the screen to see that it was Klaus and hit the ignore button. I was in no mood to deal with anything supernatural at the moment. All I wanted was one day to recuperate from everything. My phone began to ring again and Ivy gave off an annoyed look.

"Ivy, I got to take this. I'll be right outside." I hit the answer button and walked on to the porch to feel the warm sunny breeze. "Klaus, mind telling me why your calling me?"

"Straight to business, I see. Well I need you to come to my mansion, we have something to discuss." He answered in a calm tone.

"Why would I go to your mansion?" I asked as I paced on the porch and looked in our yard to make sure no one was watching.

"Probably because if you don't I'll stop by your nice little house and tell your sister Ivy about the-"

"Alright!" I snapped before he could finish the sentence. "I'm on my way."

I hung up the phone and stomped my feet on the wooden boards beneath me. Apparently one day was too much to ask for.
As soon as I arrived at the mansion I stood outside for a second and contemplated what this could have involved. I was just hoping it didn't have to do with Kol. I pushed all my thoughts aside and knocked on the huge twin doors.

I was expecting Klaus or even Kol to answer but an unrecognizable man answered the door. He looked kind of like Kol only older and he was dressed in a nice suit. He had the same watery dark chocolate colored eyes and the same dark hair. For a second he looked completely surprised by my presence. This was still the Mikaelson mansion, right?

"Risiska?" He asked in a whisper.

It was understanding when people confused me for Ivy because we were identical twins but I was sure I didn't look anything like a girl named Risiska. What the hell kind of name was that?

"Um, no. I'm Raine. Raine Lincon, nice to meet you." I held out my hand as I spoke in a soft voice.

"I'm Elijah Mikaelson." He held my hand and gave it a gentle kiss on the back. What a gentleman. "It's a pleasure to meet you." He smiled at me.

"The pleasure is mine, Elijah." I smiled at the taste of his name on my tongue.

Klaus appeared behind him. "I hate to disrupt the little moment but I'm on a tight schedule." His bright blue eyes met mine.

Elijah stepped back so I could enter the mansion. His happy look was suddenly turned into a worried look. "What's going on Niklaus?" He asked following us.

"Our dear brother has been masking the truth from this poor little girl and she deserves to know." Klaus replied as he lead us into a room full of his heart.

I took a second to examine all his beautiful artwork of landscapes. I had no idea Klaus was into art. My eyes scanned the table to see a bunch of sketches. Then there was an old fashioned picture of. . .Myself. What? How was that even possible? Then my eyes went to the bottom of the picture. In small black letters it read "Risiska Falon, 1842.

"What is this?" I asked holding up the picture. "Some kind of sick joke?"

Elijah looked at the picture then back at Klaus, waiting for the blonde haired man to answer.

Klaus walked up to me. "Ah yes, that there is your ancestor, Risiska. She also had a twin named Anastasia." Klaus answered.

I was confused. Why did she look like me? I wasn't a doppelgänger, that was Elena. Then why did it seem like I was staring at a picture of myself, when it wasn't me at all. I was Raine, not Risiska.

"So what are you trying to say? That I'm a doppelgänger too?" I looked back up at Klaus.

"Both you and Ivy are doppelgängers. Every thousand years or so a set of doppelgängers are born. Those are called 'double doppelgängers' hence the twins." Klaus explained.

"But this picture was taken in-"

"That's a different story for a different time. Aren't you curious as to why we have this?" Klaus asked.

He had a point.

I looked at Elijah then back at Klaus. "Okay, first of all who does this picture belong to?" I asked.

"That would be our brother Kol." Elijah finally spoke. "We have known your ancestors since we were human. Kol was very fond of Risiska."

"My ancestor is a vampire? That's just great." I let out a huff of breath. "What's the point of you telling me this?"

"As you know our brother has taken a liking to you. I'm warning you right now, do not fall for his charm. The only reason why he has became obsessed with you is because of your resemblance of Risiska. the more obsessed he gets the greater danger you will be in." Klaus warned.

"What's going on?" Kol's voice made me look up.

Anger began to swarm in my mind. I would have been okay if he only wanted a one night stand. I wouldn't have been hurt if he never even contacted me again. But the fact that he only wanted me because I looked like that Risiska bitch? That was a whole new low that I never felt before.

I held up the picture hoping that there would be an explanation. the look on his face said it all. Klaus was right. He only wanted me in hope that I could replace her. I slammed the picture frame on the floor and heard the glass shatter as I stormed out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh, someones not happy. A special thanks to Rubicon for commenting.
:)
Thank you for reading and stay tuned for some twists and turns that will be coming.
If anyone is looking to read something else that has to do with supernatural creatures you should look into my book Good Girls Don't Make Deals With Demons and if you like it you should comment and let me know. For those who are interested in books with more "R-rated moments" I am currently working on a book called "Call Me Twisted" and yes it is very twisted and will be filled with "R-rated moments".