Just a Post

And a Cup of Coffee

The sun shone brightly into my bedroom window causing me to open my eyes. I sat up while stretching then gathered the sheets around my naked body and made my way to the window. Upon glancing out, I could see that everyone had begun to move about doing whatever it was people did with their lives. The birds flew about while singing a lovely tune and a smile played at my lips.

I moved from the window and towards the closet, where I gathered clothing that would be fit for a nice day like this and made my way to the bathroom. I turned the knobs on the bathtub and let it fill while I glanced at my reflection. I made a face at myself and grabbed for the bottle of bubble bath and made my way back towards the tub.

Once filled with warm water, and tons of bubbles, I slipped inside and went about my normal bathing routine. Finishing, I grabbed a towel and wrapped around myself and headed back where my sink stood. I brushed my teeth, giving my hair time to air dry and began "putting my face on" as my grandmother always called it. I slipped into my clothes and out of the bathroom, not bothering to brush my hair, and into the bedroom where I found my shoes.

I headed out the door and down the sidewalk, taking in all the wonderful sounds and smells that made up the town. I people watched as I made my way down the sidewalk. My eyes found a really cute guy and I watched him as he played on his phone and walked. Suddenly the guy came in contact with a lamp post and I started dying; it was one of the funniest things I had seen in a while. While laughing, I ran into the same post and then it was his turn to laugh.

We laughed at one another and ourselves for a couple of minutes before the laughter died off. He smiled at me and I returned it. "Would you like to get a coffee with me?" he asked as his thumb pointed at the little diner behind him.

"Sure, I would love to."

There began the greatest story of my life.