Sequel: Brand New Soul
Status: finished

Sold My Soul

Dream a Little Dream of Me

I felt my eyes bug out of my head at his words. “What?!”
I pressed against the wall again, my breaths picking up, and my heart racing. “Don’t Kellin; I’m not going to hurt you. How many times do I have to tell you that?” He stepped closer to me, moving slowly and holding his hand out.
“Let me explain,” he said in a cautious and placating tone. “Come with me Kells and I’ll explain everything to you okay? Just not here,” I chewed my lip nervously and took a hesitant step towards him. Vic held his hand out for me to take, which I did, and yanked me against his chest. His arms wrapped around my waist tightly and then suddenly we weren’t in the alley anymore. There was this tingling feeling all over my body and then we were in the living room of my apartment. He let go of me, instead just taking my hand and leading me towards the couch.
I sat down with him and pulled my legs up, crossing them under me. “Explain,” I said determinedly, noticing the way he kept a hold of my hand. “Okay…after your grandmother died, your parents couldn’t find anyone to take care of you for them and you were already too old for anyone to want to adopt you. They happened upon me shortly after you turned four and asked me to…um, take you off their hands, but I refused. I told them that the only way that I could take you personally was if I were to obtain your soul. They gave me the permission to, but I didn’t want to then. You were so young Kellin and deserved to be loved. I thought that I could trap your parents into keeping you until you grew up, and it seemed to work for a while, but I didn’t realize that they were looking for a place to send you to. I’m sorry,” he said and finally looked at me. I nodded, glancing down at our hands. “So are you going to kill me?” I asked quietly, not meeting his eyes. I was surprised at how calm I was when I would usually be having a panic attack.
Vic was going to reap my soul and I wasn’t even scared. I really did trust him. “Not exactly,” I looked up at that, surprised. “I mean, I’m not like a grim reaper or anything, so I’m not going to take your soul per say…. But I’ll own it. Technically you’ll be my…um…slave,” he said so quietly I could barely hear him. “What?” I asked, unable to believe what he’d said.
“I’ll have full ownership of your soul and I can basically do whatever I want with it. There are some different things…” My mouth fell open slightly. “Such as…?”
“Um, well, I could either trade or sell it, which I won’t,” he said quickly, “Or I could keep it for myself. Demons are allowed to collect up to five souls at a time. I plan to keep you by the way. Oh, and, a demon’s souls can either die whenever they get old, they can choose to slow the process, or as their owner’s choice, they can become immortal.” My eyes widened. “How is that even possible?” Vic smiled and squeezed my hand reassuringly. “The demon—uh, I would have to um…there’s this spell. For it to work, you have to perform it, and then you’d um…I would have to kill you.” I gasped, Vic giving me a sympathetic look. “It isn’t necessary, but it’s possible,” I sat back against the couch and thought about what he’d said. I would have to die…. “So what am I supposed to do?” I asked after a while. “Anything I want,” he said in that all-to-familiar tone. I glared at him, un-amused. “You know, you just ruined a perfectly sweet moment with your dirty comment.” Vic laughed musically and leaned his head against the back of the couch. “What am I supposed to do though? Because there’s not a chance that I’ll ever cater to your needs,” He gave me another seductive smirk. “Um… I guess I’ll let you know,” I looked at him, confused.
“How many souls have you had?” I asked. Vic chewed his lip, staring up at the ceiling for a minute and then looked directly at me. “I haven’t. You’re the first,”
“Are you serious? You’ve never had another soul before? Why?” Vic shrugged, looking up again. “I never wanted anyone else,” he answered honestly.
“Did you have the chance to get others?” He nodded silently. “Then how come you didn’t keep them?” Vic’s gaze returned to mine quickly. “No, Kells, I never even took them. I was offered, but I didn’t think that their reasons were good enough to take someone’s soul for. You on the other hand…well for one, you were adorable as fuck and I could actually help you. Everyone else just wanted me to fix their problems for them.” I leaned against Vic, resting my head on his shoulder.
“Isn’t that what my parents wanted; for you to fix their problem?” I asked softly. “Yes, but you deserved to be rid of them. They weren’t good enough for you,” I smiled and closed my eyes, enjoying the compliment. “Thanks Vic,” I whispered. He slung his arm around me and pressed a kiss to my hair. “Sure,” ~

My eyelashes fluttered closed, dragging me to sleep. Vic had stayed with me all day, just watching me do things, and then watching movies with me. I had been fighting off sleep for a little while and finally passed out in Vic’s lap….

I peeked out from under my blankets, my eyes finding the dark figure in the corner of my room. I jumped up and looked at them.
Whoever it was must’ve realized I’d seen them, because they stepped out of the shadows towards me. A short man with straight brown hair and matching brown eyes knelt down in front of me, a gentle smile on his face. “Who are you?” I asked, locking eyes with him.
“I’m Vic, sweetie, go back to sleep.” I pouted at Vic and reached for him. “Hold me,” I demanded, smiling happily when he picked me up in his arms and cradled me to his chest.
Vic sat down on the bed with me on his lap, my head tucked into the crook of his neck. “Go to sleep,” he cooed and pet my hair. I whined, “But I’m not tired. I don’t wanna sleep…” I snuggled deeper into him, inhaling his scent. He smelled sweet; like cinnamon and vanilla mixed with whatever cologne he wore.
“Sure you’re not,” he said teasingly when I yawned. “C’mon Kellin, back to bed” I looked up at him with my wide, child eyes.
“You know my name?” Vic nodded and tapped my nose. “Of course I do silly. How could I not know someone so special?” I giggled and nuzzled my face into his neck.
“C’mon,” Vic whispered and lay me down on the mattress again. He pulled the blankets up to my shoulders and leaned down to kiss my hair affectionately. I wrapped my arms around his neck tightly, hugging him for a second, before he untangled himself and straightened up.
“Goodnight Kells,” I pouted and held onto the teddy bear next to me. “Don’t leave me,” I said sadly and making Vic smile a little. “Don’t worry, I’ll see you soon cutie. Behave yourself,” he said.
“Close your eyes,” Vic whispered and I obeyed, falling asleep….

I woke up in my bed, the sheets tangled around my body.
I looked around, disoriented and spotted Vic; sitting on my desk with his legs crossed and reading one of the books from my shelf.
“Morning,” he said nonchalantly, not even glancing up from the book. “Nugh,” I mumbled and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. “Did you dream?” he asked curiously this time and set the book down. I nodded, watching him curiously. “It was you…” I answered, still a little out of it. “Good. You’re getting your memory back then,” I squinted at him, confused by his words. “What do you mean?” Vic hopped off the desk and came to sit on the bed with me. “Was it because you kissed me?” He shook his head and squirmed around a bit, trying to get comfortable. “That was just to distract you while I brought it back. You felt really sick and dizzy after right? And then you saw the vision I gave you?” I nodded slowly.
“You did that?” It was his turn to nod. “You felt dizzy because I was invading your thoughts. I broke the barrier I’d created to keep you from knowing about me. Your memory should come back in slowly. Most likely when you dream; that’s why I asked about it.” I glared at him, kind of mad.
“You blocked my memory from me? Who gave you the permission to go snooping through my head, anyways?” He shook his head.
“First of all I do own you; I gave myself permission. But I only blocked the thoughts that involved me. I didn’t touch anything else. I promise,” I sighed and crossed my legs underneath myself.
“Okay, but why? I wouldn’t have told anyone.” Vic smiled at that. “I know. But I had to honor the deal I’d made with your parents. I wasn’t even supposed to be checking up on you, it’s not allowed…but I couldn’t resist. I couldn’t have you letting something slip, so whenever you would catch me watching, I’d hide those thoughts. And now that I officially own your soul, you can have them back.” I nodded my understanding.
“What did you see?” he asked.
“Um…I was little and in we were in my room at home. I woke up and saw you there, so you talked to me.” I smiled when I spoke, “You held me. I guess I did always trust you, huh?” Vic laughed and nodded.
“Yeah, for such an intelligent little boy, you were an idiot when it came to stranger danger,” I laughed. “Oh, and you said that fucking thing again. How many times did you reuse that line?” Vic shot me look, smiling despite his glare. “Often…you were a kid Kells, I was just promising my return. And well, when you got older it sounded kinda sexual, so,” he shrugged, smirking. I laughed again, shaking my head. “You saw me when I was older too?” Vic grinned wickedly.
“Yes; and there were some very entertaining things to watch…” My eyes widened, and reached over to swat him with a pillow. “What did you see Vic?” I demanded.
He laughed and snatched the pillow away from me. “You were a horny little fucker, hm?” I gaped and went to smack him again. “You didn’t” I accused, absolutely horrified. Vic just grinned. “Oh, I did. I specifically like when you were alone…by the way your boyfriends kinda sucked.” I glared at him. “Victor! You watched me—ugh,” I cut myself off, too embarrassed to say it.
“Touching yourself?” he asked wickedly. I just glared daggers at him in response.
“For your answer, yes I did, and it was hot.” “How dare you. Vic!” I pressed my lips angrily.
“How often did you see me when I was older?” I asked and crossed my arms, embarrassed that he’d seen that. “I visited all the time. Just wait, you’ll remember soon. And I remember that night by the way. You were quite a demanding child.” I laughed at the fact that I’d forced him to hold me more than once.
“How old are you?” Vic ran a hand through his hair, grimacing. “Why?” he asked and fell back against the bed.
“Well you ‘own’ me now, so I want to know more about you,” I explained.
“Mm, okay…I’m, uh…98…” My eyes widened in disbelief. “Wow…you look pretty good for such an old man,” I teased, getting a finger in response.
“You know I don’t age, you ass. Besides, you think I’m hot.” I blushed; Of course I did, Vic was stunning.
“See? Anyways, what did you want to know?” I put a finger to my lips and thought for a minute.
“Have you ever dated anyone?” Vic laughed.
“Of all the things you could ask me, and you want to know about my love life…. Yes, I have. I was with a friend of mine for about a decade, before we broke up.” I nodded slowly, Vic making a face at me. “Did you really think that I hadn’t? I’m a demon Kellin, not sheltered. Besides, you’re not a virgin either,”
I gasped, staring at him again. “You did not,”
Vic shrugged nonchalantly and then smirked at me. “Your moans are sexy,” he stated simply.
I hid my face and my hands to compose myself and then looked at him again. “Why did you break up?” I asked in an attempt to change the subject. “He didn’t love me anymore,” I frowned, feeling kind of sorry for him. It sucked to get dumped. “Don’t pity me Kellin,” he scolded and spoke again. “It’s been 40 years, I’m over it. And before you remember to ask; yes, I’m gay…well, bisexual anyways.” I lay down next to him.
“Have you always been a demon or was there some kind of turning thing or…what?” Vic shook his head. “I was born a demon and I always will be. For eternity…” he said, less enthusiastic than I would’ve expected. “What’s wrong with eternity?” Vic just shrugged. “It gets lonely. That’s why I watched you so often. I’m not really a fan of being alone and when I wasn’t busy, I would just watch you go about life.”
I thought about that for a moment, trying to wrap my head around the idea of Vic watching me throughout my life.
“Then why didn’t you date more; if you were lonely?”
“Why didn’t you?” he retorted. “I don’t know,” Vic rolled onto his side, looking directly at me. “You only had two boyfriends,” Vic accused.
“Yeah, Oli and Matty, why?”
“Because I know that you were just as lonely as I was Kellin,” I frowned and snuggled further into my blankets. “I don’t like to think about that,” I admitted quietly.
“I know. I was glad when they sent you to boarding school and away from them,” he said the word viciously. “Me too,” I whispered.
He changed the subject quickly, jumping up from his spot on the bed. “C’mon, I’ll make you breakfast. Do you want pancakes or eggs?” he asked. I sat up slowly. “Pancakes,” Vic nodded. “You go shower and I’ll make them,” he said before bouncing out of my bedroom. Okay then….
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter is in Vic's p.o.v. :3

title- "Dream a Little Dream of Me" The Mamas & the Papas