Pretty Girls and Whiskey.

Chapter Four.

I woke up the next morning, my brown hair matted onto my face as my head was buried so far into the pillow I thought I'd become one with it. I pulled my head up and groaned. I looked to my right and saw Dean laying on the bed, his head on the pillow with his mouth wide open. I smirked softly as I pulled myself up into a sitting position. A yawn escaped my mouth as I pulled the blankets away and stood up. I grabbed some clothes out of my oversized duffel bag along with my make up and other toiletries and made my way over to the bathroom, hoping to get a quick shower before Dean woke up. I quickly stripped down and turned on the hot water. I climbed in and lathered my hair in shampoo, running my fingers through my hair I sighed softly and shut my eyes.

Dean's POV.

I woke up with a start. I heard music.. No, there was no background music.. Just singing.

I got my ticket for the long way round,
Two bottles of whiskey for the way.
And I sure would like some sweet company,
And I'm leaving tomorrow, what do you say?


I heard the soft voice coming from the bathroom, And I instinctively walked over. As I got closer, the music grew louder.

When I'm gone,
When I'm gone,
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone.
You're gonna miss me by my hair,
You're gonna miss me everywhere, oh,
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone.

When I'm gone,
When I'm gone,
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone.
You're gonna miss me by my walk,
You're gonna miss me talk, oh,
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone.


I placed my ear against the door, the singing stopped for a second before continuing. It was quieter this time so I pressed myself against the door harder. I grunted as the door gave way. I landed with a thud on the floor and groaned as I pulled myself up, luckily Azalea was still in the shower so she didn't notice me. Who the heck takes the lock off the bathroom door?

I got my ticket for the long way round,
The one with the prettiest of views.
It's got mountains,
It's got rivers,
It's got sights to give you shivers,
But it sure would be prettier with you.


Suddenly the curtain pulled back, I didn't even have time to think really. She stepped out of the shower, not even a towel wrapped around her. I couldn't stop my eyes as they wondered over her body. She looked down at me on the floor and screamed, grabbing a towel and covering herself to the best of her ability.

"Shit I'm sorry, I fell and.." I trailed off and she rolled her eyes.

"Well, can you possibly get out now?" She stated and I nodded quickly as I got up to my feet. Probably not the best time just to be wearing jeans, her eyes raked over me quickly and I smirked before turning away.

"Nice singing." I mumbled and walked away to get dressed.

Azalea's POV.

What the hell! Not exactly what I was expecting when I got out of the shower. Not a bad view for me but Dean just saw me in my birthday suit, not my proudest moment. I sighed and set out to get ready. It only took me half an hour. I placed my hair up into a messy bun and walked out of the room to see Dean sat on his bed, placing on his shoes. He looked up at me before averting his eyes back to the task at hand.

"I'm going out, take a look around. Something's going on here but at the minute we have no idea what we're battling." He said as he stood up, easily slipping on his leather jacket. "You're staying here." He stated and I scoffed lightly as I crossed my arms.

"Think again. If you're going, I'm going. It's not safe here, if anything I'm safer with you." I stated and he practically growled. I placed up a hand to stop him from speaking. "I have my own mind and I've made my decision. I'm coming with you whether you like it or not." I said and he sighed as he nodded softly.

"Fine, whatever. Lets go get some breakfast." He stated and walked away, he opened the door and I quickly ran after him. When we got to the reception area I stopped Dean, he looked at me questioningly.

"What about the reception guy? He still thinks we're dating.." I said and he rolled his eyes softly as he threw his arm over my shoulder and nudged me forward, making me walk. We walked by quickly, I kept my head down as Dean eyed the man behind the counter. What look he was giving him, I didn't know.

Half an hour later we were seated at a small diner down the road. It was actually really nice, compared to the motel that is. We sat down at the back of the room, a small booth that could probably hold four if they were touching shoulders. We sat down and I instantly grabbed a menu and looked it over quickly, already knowing what I was ordering.

"So, what's going on here anyway?" I asked and Dean sighed softly as he grabbed his own menu and looking it over.

"There's been a couple of weird murders. I mean, could be anything. I mean there's this one guy." He said as he slid his newspaper over to me. "Eyeballs liquefied. Skull was full of blood. First, we've gotta take a look at the body and then we'll start questioning people." He stated and I nodded as I looked to my side, noticing the waitress had now arrived.

"Can I take your orders?" She asked as she looked up from her notepad, instantly checking Dean out. However she did that over her breasts I had no idea. I rolled my eyes before coughing and she looked at me, I smiled sweetly.

"I'll have the pancakes with sausage, bacon, eggs and maple syrup." I said and she abruptly turned to Dean who was going to order but I coughed again. "I also want the French toast, some fries and.. I think I'll have a muffin too. Oh, and a coke." I said with a smile and she looked at me in shock, Deans face having the same expression. She eventually wrote it all down and looked at dean again.
"Yeah.. Uh.. I'll have the same." He said and she nodded before walking away. Dean looked at me again, his mouth agape.

"What?" I exclaimed. "Dude, I'm hungry." I stated and he shook his head as he chuckled.

"You are something else." He said with a smile and I stuck my tongue out at him. He chuckled again and I smiled. My drink got placed in front of me and I smiled at her softly. But she was once again looking at Dean. She placed a napkin on the table, the awful writing hard to miss as she placed his drink on top of it. She smirked softly before walking away. I scoffed lightly as he picked up his drink, snatching the tissue up into my hand.

"She must be really desperate. For all she knew, I could have been your girlfriend." I stated as I read the phone number and Dean chuckled lightly as he took a sip of his drink.

"Yeah well, she's not really my type. I leave the fake looking ones for the less fortunate." He said and I hid my mouth as a loud laugh escaped me. Soon enough, the waitress came back over, my food in her arms. When she got to the table I placed on a sickly sweet smile before ripping up the napkin and slapping it down on the table in front of her. She scowled at me softly before picking up her failure and stomping away from the table.

"I'm just glad I've got all my food. That means she can't spit in it." I said with a smile as I grabbed a forkful of everything and shoved it into my mouth. I looked up as I chewed to see Dean staring at me.

"You're so attractive you know that?" He said with a chuckle and I rose my eyebrows before opening my mouth wide mid chew, whilst also sticking up my middle finger at him. He laughed before copying my actions.

"So, we're gonna go in there and check out the body. Remember, let me do all the talking. You, don't utter a word, got it?" He asked and I rolled my eyes softly as I nodded in agreement. We walked into the building and looked around until we found a door marked 'Morgue 144' Dean read the doctors name and swiftly entered. A man was sitting at a table so we approached him.

"Hey," The guy said and Dean said hello back. "Can I help you?" He asked as he looked at us, as his eyes met mine I smiled softly.

"Yeah we're the, uh, med students." Dean stated and the man looked at us with raised eyebrows.

"Sorry?" The man said, obviously confused.

"Oh, Dr Feiklowicz didn't tell you? We talked to him on the phone. He uh- we're from Ohio state. He's supposed to show us the Shoemaker corpse. Its for our paper." Dean stated and the man behind the desk rolled his eyes before looking back down at the stack of papers on his desk.

"Well, I'm sorry, he's at lunch." He explained and looked down, it looked like that was the end of our discussion.

"Oh. Well he said, uh- ah well, you know, it doesn't matter. You don't mind showing us the body, do you?" He asked hopefully and the man sighed.

"Sorry, I can't. Doc will be back in an hour. You can wait for him, if you want." He said, still not meeting our eyes.

"An hour? Ooh, we gotta be heading back to Columbus by then." He stated and the man at the desk looked up, he didn't seem happy at all. "Look, man, this paper is like half our grade, so if you don't mind helping us out?" He asked one last time and now the man was getting really ticked off.

"look, man, no." He stated and I rolled my eyes as I walked towards the table. I bent over it lightly to show a little breast through the horrid suit I was wear and reached into my blouse with one hand, pulling out a couple of notes. I put them on the table in front of him and smiled softly, he abruptly stood, stuffing the cash into his pocket.

"Follow me." He said and lead us towards the metal cages that housed all the dead bodies. Before we could get there though, Dean pulled me back.

"What the hell was that?" he asked, the anger on his face evident.

"Well, you obviously weren't getting anywhere. And it worked didn't it?" I asked and he grumbled before walking off to follow the man. Well, that was weird.