Status: There's no name like a codename.

Codename 6042

1

The sun had no right to shine with all his might that day. He wasn't shining at all. He was weak, He wanted to be what he was. He wanted to be what he had been all that time. He wanted to be the same beacon of light that he had always been. He still fought, he knew he had to. The clouds flew over the horizon- dark, gray, black- but he knew he had to be the Sola. He knew he had a duty. He knew he had a responsibility- to spread light. To make optimists out of all those pessimists.

I looked across the room at the clock with a blank face and dry eyes- 6 42 a.m.

It had been three hours, twenty two minutes, and forty nine seconds since that call. I stared at the phone that was in my lap. No way could I sleep. It felt as if somebody had taken my soul away- for no reason. Reasons are to be mentioned when a logic is left. When you have the starting point of an endless marathon. When you have the first piece of a complex puzzle. When you know the origin, the genesis of a legacy.

Once that I was half convinced that it won't ring again, I got up from the floor I had been sitting on all night; without a blazer, blanket, coat, scarf, shawl-nothing, and made my way towards the bathroom with heavy steps. I slowly washed my hands under the tap water, making sure that the ink didn't fade away. I splashed my face with some water, even though it wasn't really required. Sandman had forgotten to visit me last night. Therefore, I was wide awake- No, I wasn't. My brain wasn't working- at all. I felt as if I was a robot. A robot that had malfunctioned and would only remember two programs- Just make sure that it doesn't fall into wrong hands, and just make sure that you know I love you. Two programs that would only work on one programmers command- Tyler Ericson.

I slowly walked towards my room, only to realize that my coat was downstairs. I was not in the mood of changing or having a shower. All I knew is that Tyler would have reached the police station if everything was well. I sucked in a breath as I opened the front door and made my way towards the parking lot. The people of my colony were rather strange- but sweet in every possible way at the same time as well. For example, they had made their own separate parking lot so that everything would be safe.

I checked my pockets to make sure I had the keys before sitting in the driver's seat. The words still echoed in my mind as I pushed the accelerator too hard,

" Nee, grab a piece of paper,"

I bit my lower lip,

" Listen, Nee, I want you to make sure that this doesn't get into wrong hands,"

My uncombed hair fell on my forehead,

" Yes, everything's.. everything's fine. Just note it down, Codename, 6042, 6-0-4-2,"

I impatiently looked across the empty road,

" Nothing's... Nothing;s going on. And-"

I felt that my heart literally missed a beat,

" Listen, just make sure that you keep them safe. And just make sure that you know I love you. Good bye,"

And then that strange song began to fill my head,

" The night speaks"

" The night knows,"

" The night tells,"

" Oh, the night-"

" Holy sh*t!"

I mouthed involuntarily as I suddenly pressed the brakes as somebody came in front of my car out of nowhere.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please don't be harsh while criticising; be lethal.