Status: There's no name like a codename.

Codename 6042

2

The car stopped with a thud as my tires nearly got worn out.I took a deep breath while sucking some air in- that was close. Oh my God, that man... I literally jumped out without closing the car door, to check whether the guy was OK or not. And to my pleasant surprise, he was. He had safely jumped to the other side when I had closed my eyes.

" Sir?"

I leaned, as he tried to get up. I wasn't able to see his face-yet,

" Sir, I apologize for-"

My eyes widened as he slowly lifted his head,

" May?"

" Oh my God,"

I placed a hand over my mouth as I helped him get up,

" I am sorry Alexander. I am really very sorry. I had no simply idea-"

" It's fine May, everything is fine. You are fine, I am fine, it's fine. Don't push your little brain too hard,"

He patted my head while dusting off some dirt from his uniform.

But was everything..... Really Fine? Really?

He was one of the cops that I knew from Tyler's police station. And one of the many people who called me by my middle name- May- instead of Janisa. I surely had a long name- Janisa May- Brooklyn Andrews,- no doubt about it. And even though Tyler had developed a shorter form i.e 'Nee', everybody else just seemed to go fine with 'May' instead. Suited me well.

" Oh, and mind if I know why you were driving down the reckless Alabama Street of Indianapolis at 7 in the morning without even looking down the road?"

He came towards the real point. I opened my mouth, and closed it again.

" Just make sure that it doesn't fall into wrong hands,"

And for a moment, I felt as if somebody was holding my hand, even though I knew no-one was.

" Wrong hands,"

I opened my mouth again,

" Tyler-"

And then I slowly turned my face towards my right side; and what I saw made my breathing stop.

" Tyler?"

A voice spoke somewhere inside my heart as I looked at the silhouette by my side,

" Trust me, Nee, for one last time.... Don't,"

I then turned towards Alexander,

" Tyler.... Well I haven't seen him in a while, Alexander,"

I looked at him in the eye, and so did he, while folding his arms,

" No calls?"

" Nope,"

" No messages?"

" None,"

" No anything?"

" Nothing at all,"

He furrowed his brows,

" That's bad; did he tell you anything about going to visit his grandfather?"

" No. He would have told me if he was up to something like that,"

We began to walk towards the car. My pace was significantly slower than his. It was a bit too cloudy.

" May, are you OK?"

He turned towards me.

" Uh, well. Yes, I guess. Why would anything happen to me?"

I could still feel as if someone was gently holding my hand.

" You are acting like you've lost a billion dollars somewhere. Or have just been bankrupted,"

He let out a small chuckle?

A billion dollars? Tyler meant much more to me. And bankrupted? Then yes. I agreed.

" Come on now, I think I should drive you to the police station. Maybe he'd left an application or something. Plus, I am pretty damn sure that you didn't have breakfast or dinner, right?"

My stomach growled in response, while I turned ed as I handed him the keys.

He started the engine while I blankly looked at the road.

" Love you,"

Somebody stroked my hair from the back. I turned around with a jolt- No-one.

I sighed while rubbing my eyes,

" Maybe I do need a psychologist now,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Please don't be harsh while criticising; be lethal.