Status: updates will probably be at ungodly hours

Who Else Will Love You?

Forgiveness or Party?

The next morning, Eden woke up on her floor alone with a blanket draped over her. She hadn't remembered falling asleep, but she could remembering feeling extremely drowsy in Echo's arms, breathing in the scent of his cologne. Memories of the previous day flooded her memory. Memory of her game with Echo, which brought a smile to her lips. The memory of the encounter with her dad, which caused her to shudder and feel the urge to take a shower. The memory of Echo holding her, comforting her when she needed it most. She sat up from her position on the floor. Stretching, she emitted a small squeak of satisfaction. She stood and drowsily made her way to the bathroom, fumbling for the light switch when she arrived. Stripping the previous day's clothes, she turned on the shower, turning the water temperature to hot. She stepped into the shower and let the water stream down her thin body. It splashed over her protruding hip bones and pooled in dips around her collar bone. Her wet hair began to cling to her face and neck. Humming one of her favorite songs she began to wash her body, slowly scrubbing away the grime she felt her dad had left on her. After rinsing herself she turned off the water and wrapped herself in a towel, opting to get dressed before brushing her teeth or doing her hair. She changed in jeans and a thick sweatshirt, given in was september in Maryland, and went back to the bathroom to brush her teeth, do her hair, and her daily makeup. While doing her hair, she heard her mother come up to bathroom door and knock.

"Yeah?" Eden called, letting her mom know it was okay to come in.

"How are you, Eden?"

"I'm fine."

"Your dad was here yesterday. . ." Her mom trailed off.

"What of it?"

"Well, he's only seeking forgiveness, Eden. I'm forgiving him and I think you should do the same."

"How can you even forgive that dick?"

"Watch your language!" Eden's mom warned, "God tells us to forgive. I think you should forgive him too."

"I will never forgive him." Eden spat, stopping what she was doing with her hair and turning to face her mom.

"It's time, Eden. Let whatever makes you dislike him go."

"I can't mom! He abandoned us. Left us with nothing! And didn't even have the decency to come his own son's funeral. Then after all these years comes back seeking forgiveness? Well I won't forgive him."

This seemed to shut up her mom. Eden went back to doing her hair, running a flat iron over her somewhat wavy hair. Without another word, her mom left from her place in the doorway. The whole encounter left Eden rather irritated. Why should she have to forgive that lying bastard. She suspected her father wasn't just now coming around for forgiveness. He had to have an ulterior motive. Everyone has an ulterior motive. She finished up with her hair and unplugged the flat iron leaving it to cool down on the counter. She went back to her room and grabbed her phone, noticing that there a notification. A message from Echo.

From: Echo
Hope you slept well, Kit:)

To: Echo
I did, when did you leave?

From: Echo
Like 4. Your mom made me leave.

To: Echo
Oh, lame.

From: Echo
Meh. It's whatever.

To: Echo
What are your plans for today?

From: Echo
Going to a party later. Wanna come?

To: Echo
I've never been to a party.

From: Echo
Then you're coming;)

To: Echo
Okay.

From: Echo
Wear your tightest pair of jeans.

To: Echo
why?

From: Echo
Just do it. I'll come pick you up at 8.

To: Echo
Okay.


Eden glanced at the time on her phone; it was eleven. She had exactly nine hours to kill, and what better way to kill some time than with -- you guessed it! Mindlessly browsing the internet and possibly even reading a book.
♠ ♠ ♠
Boring and lame but the next chapter is gonna be like WOAH compared to this one. Promise.