Status: updates will probably be at ungodly hours

Who Else Will Love You?

The Game

"What are three of my favorite things?"

"Skateboarding, music and photography." Eden said smoothly.

"How did you. . ." Echo trailed off.

"Your room says it all." Eden laughed. "What's my favorite animal?

"Erm cat?" Echo guessed.

"Nope! Foxes."

"Foxes." Echo pondered over her answer. He waited several minutes before speaking up again, "What's my ethnicity?"

"Italian and French?"

"No. Greek and Swedish."

"That's an interesting combination." Eden remarked. "What's my pants size?"

"Girls size one."

"How did you-- Phoenix." Eden answered her own question.

"Name all of my siblings." Echo challenged.

"Phoenix, Chance, uh. . . Declan, Merrick, Gage. . . um Clover, April and Rowan."

"So close. And you forgot one," Echo said "It's Phoenix, Chance, Declan, Dawson, Merrick, Gage, Clover, January, and Rollin."

"Oops." Eden said trying to memorize all of the names. "What's my brother's name?"

"You have a brother?" Echo asked incredulously.

"Yeah." Eden laughed. "His name is Hayden."

"Hayden Rhodes. I've never heard of him." Echo shrugged.

"He's twenty three, I wouldn't expect you to." Eden laughed a little.

"Okay, how tall am I?"

"Well, I'm five foot eight, so you must be about five foot nine. . . and a half."

"Holy shit. You're like exactly right!" Echo exclaimed!

Eden laughed and accidentally snorted which caused Echo to laugh. She turned red in embarrassment and hung her head little.

"Hey," Echo said lifting her chin gently with his finger "That was really fucking cute."

Eden offered a small smile. "Okay. What's my favorite band?" She continued the little game.

"My Chemical Romance?" Echo guessed.

"No, I like them, but no. Cage the Elephant."

"Oh, bluesy, indie, rock-ish. I like it." Echo said with his enticing lopsided smile. "What's my favorite food?"

"Um," Eden thought it over for a second "Chocolate chip cookies."

"Nope. I'm a vegan, no chocolate."

"Vegan chocolate chip cookies." Eden interrupted.

"Nice try but no. Vegan chicken nuggets."

"Sounds gross." Eden said as she scrunched up face thinking about meatless meat.

"They're really good. Next time you come over, I'll make you some." Echo offered.

"That's sweet but I think I'll pass."

"Nope, you have to try them."

"Whatever." Eden giggled. "What's my favorite book?"

"See that's hard because millions of tattooed dead trees exist. Harry potter?"

"Tattooed dead trees. . . That's an amazing way to say 'book.' But no. It's this book called Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher."

"Oh cool. How cool are my eyes?"

"Seriously?" Eden laughed. "They are amazing."

"Damn right they are!" Echo shouted which caused Eden to double over in laughter.

In all reality Echo's comment wasn't all that funny, but Eden thought he was just so cute she couldn't resist the urge to laugh at almost every silly thing he said or did.

"What's my biggest phobia?" Eden asked once she'd calmed down.

"Spiders."

"Nope, clowns. Also spiders but mostly clowns."

"I knew it." Echo said, "What's my dream job?"

"Professional photographer."

"Holy shit, you're really good at this." Echo said indicating that she was right.

"I know." Eden smiled proudly. "What's my favorite hobby?"

"Um, Interior design?"

"That's my dream job actually, but it's not my favorite hobby. I really like drawing."

"Really? Show me a few of your drawings."

"Okay." Eden said reaching around Echo to grab a bin from under her bed.

Opening up the plastic bin, she grabbed out a manilla envelope marked "Artsy" and opened it up pulling out a few pieces of paper. One of her favorites rested on top. She had printed out a page that had several papers from the dictionary on it and she drew a sorrowful face on top of it. It was really a beautiful work of art.

"My God," Echo breathed as he looked at a few of her drawings. "These are beautiful."

"Thanks." Eden said bashfully.

"You're incredibly talented, Kit."

"Kit?" Eden asked, offended that he used the wrong name.

"Yeah, Kit. That's what baby foxes are called"

"Oh." Eden said as Echo continued to look through her stack of drawings.

After several minutes of him looking and asking questions about some of them, he finally put them back into the envelope and set the envelope back into the plastic bin, carefully placing the lid back on top. He slid the bin back in its place under Eden's bed.

"Back to the game?" Echo asked.

"Yeah." Eden said.

She was falling in like with him. She was really falling in like with him. She was falling in like with his alluring eyes and his enticing lopsided smile. His voice, his hair, him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Really boring and quite the optional chapter. It's literally the game they were gonna play in the last chapter. Good God this story is mundane. It'll get better in the next few chapters. No worries folks. If you have any questions, or suggestions feel free to comment or message me. Thanks!