Agenda

1/1

Image
Trunks and Goten beamed at the present labelled for both of them under the tree. It was teasing them, looking so mysterious all wrapped up in shiny paper, decorated with little snowflakes. They had tried to steal it away earlier, but Goten knocked into the tree and almost sent it toppling over – gaining all the rooms eyes on them. Bulma had tutted at the children, shaking her head and smiling.

They weren't interested in anyone else's presents – They wanted theirs.

“Oh thanks Bulma! Look Chi Chi, a new gi!” Goku squeaked happily, like a child himself he was showing off his new clothes, “Thank you as well Vegeta!” He finished. The older saiyan eye'd him oddly, deciding not to bring up the fact that he almost nearly ended up with socks – Luckily he had told Bulma to spend her money on something useful and provide the man with a new set of combat clothes.

Vegeta offered a small 'hmpf.', before turning his gaze to more interesting things: His presents. Bulma had given him a new set of bots for the gravity chamber. He wished desperately that this 'event' would be over soon so he could go back and resume his training. Trunks didn't seem nearly as eager however, causing Vegeta to send him a glare. 'The boy was almost as ridiculous as his mother...' he mused.

“Alright boys, it's time for your present.” Chi Chi clapped, standing and making her way to stand in front of the boys, meanwhile Bulma had picked up the shiny wrapped box, holding it tightly.

“Now, This is very expensive.” Chi Chi started. The boy's excitement instantly grew, knowing that their present was expensive, that meant it was important. They could hardly contain themselves.

“Yes, We both put in a lot of money for this, So you better not break it of you'll be sorry!” Bulma finished, setting the present down in front of them. They both looked at each other simultaneously before lurching forward to rip off the wrappings. Their mother's smiled as they saw the look on the boy's faces – They'd picked the right present.

”Goten look!” Trunks yelped, prying the box open.

”I know! I know!” Goten squeaked, pulling the protective plastic out of the inside of the box.

They both gave a muffled 'ahh' as they pulled out the thing they had both been begging their mother's for since they had first seen the ad on the television. The newest, state of the art gaming console, The Virtualizer 4.0.

Both Goku and Vegeta looked at the box and it's attached components, trying to figure out what it was.

“What is it?” They asked in sync, still unable to figure out why a plastic box and some weird dangly components had the boys so excited.

“It's a gaming console dad.” Trunks piped up, paying very little attention to his father.

“Yeah it's the best one.” Goten added, opening up the case that came with the console, containing a game they had both wanted for ages.

“Ultimate Fighter 5!” The boys squealed, scrambling to plug the console into the large television, they wanted to play it right now – They had waited so long for this. Trunks had been extra nice and Goten had helped his mother with the house work. They now knew their hard work had paid off.

Goku scooted to sit beside Goten, watching him stick the small electrodes on his arms and legs.

“What do those do?” He asked, still confused.

“They track their movements.” Bulma offered, realizing that the boys were far more interested in their new game than their dad's and their silly questions. Vegeta had moved forward also, positioning himself behind Trunks.

“So, You are playing a fighting game?” He inquired, intrigued by the notion of such a thing.

Trunks nodded, applying his own electrodes and pushing the 'on' button for the console. Shortly after, the game menu appeared – Trunks skipped through and clicked on the 'quick battle' option, they picked their characters and started fighting. The father's watching their every moves and how the game responded to them. By then, Bulma and Chi Chi had left – Not willing to intrude on the obvious bonding that was happening between father's and son's.

“This looks easy.” Goku remarked, following Goten's movement's closely.

“Shut up Kakarot, You'd get your butt kicked.” Vegeta announced, smirking at the younger saiyan, a challenge in his eyes that he knew Goku would see. He was not wrong. He wanted to battle Kakarot on this child's game, just to prove how much better he was than the other saiyan.

“Alright then Vegeta, You and Me. Let's give it a go, Why not?” Goku replied, smiling.

“Fine.” Vegeta answered.

Trunks and Goten smiled, finishing their game quickly and taking off the electrodes. Trunks and Goten quickly placed the electrodes on their father's bodies and went into the character select, picking quickly and then setting the game up for a quick match. The two older saiyan's smiled at each other, determined as if this were a real battle.

Not even a minute into the fight and the two had gotten into the heat of the moment, Vegeta lunging forward and sticking his hand through the television and Goku had tripped on one of the cables, causing him to fall into the coffee table and break it. They looked at each other nervously as their son's laughed. The sound of footsteps could be heard coming.

Bulma and Chi Chi rounded the corner wearing matching faces of disapproval.

“It was his fault!” The two saiyan's yelled, pointing at each other. The boy's doubled over in laughter as they saw their mother's faces grow more and more wilder.

“Your in for it now...” They both whispered.

This was not Vegeta's intentions, to be stuck with his fist in a television and his wife glaring at him like he had just killed a puppy. His intentions were only to beat Kakarot at a child's game. From now on, no hidden agenda's - If he wanted to beat Kakarot, He'd have to beat him outside.
♠ ♠ ♠
I felt like writing a silly family one-shot. :)