Status: something.

Dear You

and i love you

Pete starts blogging at least once a day, obsessive over his interaction with Aubrey. He imagines all sorts of things about her. What she sounds like, the way she walks, how tall she is. He looks through her blog posts, and is completely amazed at her writing. He begins commenting on everything in a frenzy of haphazard words at two in the morming.

hey you,

i know this is weird and it's 2am but your writing is insane (in all the best ways). i want to be wherever you are, i want to be inside your head. most people hated me before they ever loved me, they still do. i don't know why i'm telling you that. but your mind is a safe. my body is an orphanage, we take everyone in. i can't stop thinking about everything you're writing.

peter lewis


Pete obsesses over her responses, over her words. He obsesses over her blog layout--black and grey, and somehow he knows it suits her perfectly. He obsesses over the small icon she has of herself--lying in the grass with her hair fanned around her. Her skin is fair, her locks dark, her lips full and nose small. Pete begins to obsessively think about her, about what the rest of her body looks like.

Basically, Pete's obsessed with Aubrey.

Despite this little corner of the internet they have saved for themselves, their lives go on. Pete tours with the band, he still goes to shows and interviews and TV shows, but he passes most of the time thinking about the next time he'll get to hear from Aubrey. Aubrey works and goes to school, and she tries to push Peter Lewis as far from her thoughts as she can.

She wants to tell him how amazing he is, how in love with his mind she is. She doesn't even know him or where he's from or virtually anything about him. Pete knows he's not just in love with her mind, he's in love with her. He doesn't know how it's possible. It's only been a few months, but he's in love with everything about her.

He's in Singapore when he realizes this, and the day he realizes this is also the day he finds out she lives near Chicago. She had posted around four in the morning Central Time, which was unusual for her. The post alarmed Pete and made him want to jump on the next flight home.

it's 4:14 in the morning and i've never felt so lonely. this sleepy chicago suburb has nothing for me anymore. i need to get out of here. the days are blurring together in some hazy memory that won't come to me even just a few years from now. what am i even doing with my life? do i have anything to live for? i can't do this anymore.

Pete panics, immediately starting his reply.

dear you,

i know it's always worse when you feel alone, but you're not alone. you have me, and i know that's not a hell of a lot but it's something. i know this january darkness can get the better of us, but give it a few weeks and spring will be back and breathing into us new life. i didn't know you were from chicago, i am too. i'm sitting in my hotel room in singapore right now but i wish i could be home with you. hang in there and maybe someday we can come face to face. it's midnight here and i love you.

peter lewis


Aubrey would be lying if she said she wasn't waiting for his reply. She doesn't sleep that night, and the next morning she goes about her classes mechanically in the freezing tundra of Chicago. She checks her blog constantly, waiting for Pete's reply. It finally comes around noontime, and her heart is pounding with nervous anticipation. Pete is the only thing she has to look forward to anymore, and it breaks her heart that she will probably never even see his face. How can you become so attached to a person you've never met?

Aubrey is surprised and ecstatic to find that they're both from around the same area, and she gets butterflies thinking about the possibility of actually coming face-to-face with Peter. She gets hung up on the last three words of his message i love you. Maybe he just said it to be nice, she tells herself. But from what she can see he really does care for her, and she cares for him. She doesn't know how to describe what she's feeling right now. What's going to happen after this? Will this remain strictly virtual, or will she get the chance to finally see his face?

dear Peter Lewis.

what a small world. what's singapore like? is it as cold as chicago right now? you know, sometimes i wonder if we're soulmates. it's 12:30 at home and i love you too.

aubrey.
♠ ♠ ♠
here's the second chapter! like I said I'm not sure how often I'll be able to update this story, but I really like it and I think this is going to get interesting! Thank you guys for reading and recommending and subscribing! I really appreciate it! :)