Status: A personalised Jacoby Shaddix/Papa Roach love story for my best friends, Erin and Laura. I hope everyone enjoys reading it!

I Fell to Temptation

Chapter 1

“I AM SO EXCITED!” I shouted down the phone.

“SO ARE WE!"

“BUT SERIOUSLY! I CAN’T WAIT, I KEEP JUMPING UP AND DOWN.” I was on the phone to my two sisters Laura and Christina.

"US TOO!" They screamed at me.

“It’s gonna be weird being back home again!” I said laughing.

"AHHHHH! Erin! YOU'RE COMING HOME, TOMORROW!” Laura screamed down the phone.

“I know I know! It’s so weird packing everything up! Rachel and Hayley are so sad.” I said laughing.

“Well it’s gonna be weird, you guys have been together three years and now you are heading off to do your own things!” Christina said. “Laura and I had to go through it!” She laughed.

Christina and Laura are twins but they really look nothing alike. Laura has shoulder length blonde hair with black and blue bits in it, and Christina has long redish brown hair. Laura has Blue eyes and Christina has really dark brown eyes, see? They are nothing alike. Some even question if they are twins. They’re two years older than I am, and so they graduated two years ago. They studied Music. They were in a small time band but that didn’t work out. I know Christina prefers the management side and Laura prefers the art side, they both enjoy writing lyrics though.

“So anyways, I hope you have a big party planned for me.” I said with a grin and they ‘pfted’ me.

“We didn’t get a party so why should you?” Christina said.

“Um because you guys stayed in Canada and were able to visit home every now and again, I’ve been in New York for three years and only got to visit during the breaks! Also, I’m the youngest Esperance and the last to graduate and so I deserve a party.” I said, they ‘pfted’ again.

“Okay that’s a no then.” I said with a sulk.

“Oh shush. Anyways, hows Jake”? Christina asked and my heart dropped. “Yeah how is Mr. Jakey!” Laura then said. I was going to have to tell them. I couldn’t hide it from them forever, I’ve been hiding it too long now.

“Well uhm, there is something I should have told you guys..” I said quietly.

“What do you mean?” Laura asked sounding confused. “Is Jake okay?” Christina asked.

“Guys. We broke up a few months ago.” I whispered. “WHAT?!” Christina screamed.

“I KNEW IT.” Laura roared.

“What how did you know?!” I said.

“ERIN WHAT THE HELL!” Christina shouted. “And yeah how did you know!” Christina said to Laura. “THIS DIDN’T COME UP ON MY FACEBOOK.” Christina screamed. I tried not to laugh.

“I knew when we flew over for Graduation.. Jake was no where to be seen and Erin didn’t mention it.” Laura said matter of factly.

“Wow.” Christina said. “You’re right! Okay c’mon spill it out Erin! Tell us everything!” Christina said almost sounding angry.

“Yeno there is a reason I held off telling you guys.. I was ashamed.” I said and I felt like I was going to cry.

“What why? Why would you feel ashamed? What did he do…” Laura said sounding curious.

“He distanced himself from me, and I didn’t know why. I had noticed he was spending a lot of time with a guy named Jonny; he lived in his apartment block and there was something strange about him. He looked rough, you know? One night I got a text from Jake asking if I wanted to go to a party at this guy Jonnys. I hadn’t spent much time with him lately so of course I wanted to go. When I got to the party I knew I wasn’t going to like it. The people there were the kinda ones you know you don’t want to be around, all drinking vodka and whiskey from the bottle, smoking, passing out, stuff like that you know. I just didn’t like it. Jake had got me a drink then told me he’d be right back, but when he didn’t come back after a while I started to worry. Then Jonny, came out of a small room and was followed by Jake.”

“He isn’t gay is he?” Laura asked me, I nearly fell off my bed laughing.

“OH MY GOD HE’S GAY!” Christina said. “No, he isn’t gay!” I said laughing. “Yous always somehow manage to make a bad story slightly funny!” I said giggling, “But no, he wasn’t gay, I walked up to him quite angrily and I noticed his eyes were all weird, they were bloodshot and his pupils were huge.” I said. “MASSIVE!” shouted Christina “GINOURMUS!” shouted Laura. We all started laughing again. When we were younger if we said something was huge one of us would then say ‘MASSIVE!’ and the other one would say ‘GINOURMUS!’ We always did it.

“Right stop interrupting me!” I smiled and continued with the story. “I asked him about his eyes because I was really worried. Jonny gave me a smirk and I really didn’t like it, I asked Jake if we could go but he said no, he sat down on the sofa and I sat beside him. He started to drink a lot of the alcohol and was then acting so strange, as if he didn’t know me, then he was acting stupid with other people and I was getting so mad with his actions. I sat on the couch pissed off hoping he would cut it out and come over. Jonny then came over beside me and put one arm around me and the other on my leg. I will always remember the smirk on his face. He turned to me and said ‘Hey, Erin is it? Well, baby, it seems like your boyfriend is a little bit zoned out, if ya get me, he doesn't notice anything around him, so why don’t you join me in my room? I mean you are the prettiest girl here, I could do with hitting that.’ he said it while rubbing his hand up and down my leg.” I said shuddering as I remembered everything.

“HE DID WHAT?!” They said it at the same time, god how the hell do they do that? “Listen, I looked up at him and slapped him across the face then left.” I said smirking.

“WOOO GO ERIN!” I laughed at them shouting down the phone. “So I’m assuming Jake was taking drugs? That’s why he was being distant towards you?” Christina asked.

“Yup. I think the reason he took them was because his final exams were coming up, and he felt stressed.” I answered. “So what happened after that?” Laura asked. “Oh, well I left Jake at the party and went back to the apartment and told Hayley and Rachel everything, they told me Jonny was a drug dealer and sleaze, I already knew that. I stopped contacting Jake, but after two weeks of not hearing from him I got worried and so went to his.” I said taking a deep breath. “So I got to Jakes apartment and I let myself in with a key he gave me and jesus what I saw.” I said remembering it.

“What, what was it?” Christina said.

“The first thing I noticed was all the blinds and curtains closed, take out boxes and beer cans lined the floors then I spotted all sorts of substances on the coffee table. As well as some weird ass instruments to use to take the substances. I called out his name and when he didn’t reply I made my way to his bedroom, where I found him unconscious and covered in his own sick.” I said shuddering.

“WHAT!” They both shouted. “I was so scared, I didn’t know what to do. I froze. I called out for help and one of the neighbours, a guy named Daniel came in. He knew he had to call an ambulance and he did. I’m so lucky he was there because I literally froze and didn’t know what to do. The Ambulance came and I went along with Jake to the hospital. His blood showed he had been taking various drugs, weed, heroin even meth, it was all there.” Christina and Laura gasped. “I knew that there would be serious consequences due to this like Jake might get kicked out of University, and there could be troubles with the Police due to possession of drugs. When Jake was discharged from hospital, I didn’t hear from him. Two months later and he still hadn’t spoke to me, he avoided me completely, I was so hurt that even when he was discharged from hospital he wouldn’t come see me. One day I got a text, asking if we could meet for coffee like we did before we started dating, and that was the saddest day of my life. I went to meet him, and when I arrived he was sitting where we always sat. He looked so skinny, he looked as if he was still taking the drugs. He told me everything. Jonny got him hooked, he had tried weed to calm him down, then he kept trying more and more. He knew he was getting addicted, and if I hadn’t found him, he could be dead.”

“Holy shit dude.” Christina and Laura both said. “We sat for hours and I hoped he would tell me he had stopped taking them but I knew he was still taking them. He told me he was kicked out of University, and he lived with his parents for the first month. Then he left and well, is now living with Jonny.”

“HES WHAT?!” Christina angrily screamed down the phone, “Is he stupid? So he almost died, ignored the person who saved his life, then went back to the guy who started the addiction in the first place? Is he flipping stupid!” she continued ranting on until Laura shushed her.

“To top it off, he asked me if him and I were okay and if I wanted to go back to his.” Christina started her angry rages again and Laura, again, silenced her. “Look I ended the conversation by telling him that I loved him but I didn’t want to be involved with him anymore, he kept something serious from me and he could have died from it and even after being hospitalized, almost dying and being kicked out of Uni on his final year, he continued taking them and I didn’t want be with someone like that.” I said proudly.

“Wow Erin. That was the right thing to do though.” Laura said also sounding proud. “But dude what did Jake say?” Christina asked puzzled.

“I think he knew it was coming, he apologized for everything and I just walked away. The strangest thing is, I wasn’t upset for months, or heartbroken, it was like the second I broke up with him, I was a new Erin.” I said smiling.

“That shit is inspirational!” Christina said and Laura and I laughed.

“Do you really think so?” I asked kind of chuffed “Hell yes! I’m telling you, that’s a money maker!” I was glad they weren’t too mad, and I suppose that it is understandable why I didn’t tell them.

“I can’t believe all of that happened and you didn’t tell us, you are one tough cookie!” Laura said surprised. “I’m a big girl, I can handle my mistakes.” I said smiling.

We continued talking about Jake and we moved on to new topics, then we began a new one on the subject of music.

“So yeah how is Tobin and his band?” I asked. Tobin our brother had started in a small time band with some other dudes whoms names I never caught. Pretty sure the band was called Saliva, cos it grossed me out when he told me.

“Yeah they’re fine! Doing a bit of touring down in America, they’re actually due home tomorrow too!” Laura said.

“Excuse me, did you just say Tobin is touring? In America? WHAT?!” I screamed. I didn’t think the band was that successful! The twins laughed.

“Yeah they kinda hit it big since they changed their name and got onto dads record label.”

“DADS RECORD LABEL?!” I screamed. That was totally unfair, just because dad owns a record company firm shouldn’t mean that Tobin and his silly Salvia band get signed.

“Theyre actually really good now you know!” Laura said. I couldn’t help but feel jealous. I was meaning to ask what they had changed the band name too, but Christina spoke before I could.

“So Erin any new ear candy for us?” She asked, in New York loads of local acts appear and they are normally all awesome, so I usually tell the girls about them.

“Well no new local talent, but guys holy crao have you heard of Papa Roach? Rachel introduced me the other night, they’re not exactly new but they’re doing really well and are really awesome!” they burst out laughing. “What? What’s so funny?” they continued to laugh. “Of course we know Papa Roach! Laura said sounding like I was meant to know something. “Huh? What the hell? What’s so funny then?”

“Wait.. OH SHIT YEAH! Laura!” Christina said it in a rather shocked voice. “Oh god yeah! That’s right oops!” they were talking to one and other and I was clueless.

"Guys come on what is it!" they just laughed again. "Look don't worry, you'll find out soon!" Christina sniggered.

“Uck what! Fine whatever! Well guys the lead singer OH MY GOD! I saw a picture of him on Hayleys phone and pwoaaar!” I said smirking and again they burst out laughing. “You guys are annoying me now!”

“Erin do you not know the names of the guys in the band?” Christina asked. “Er well, uh.. no..? Rachel only told me about them the other night, should I know them?!” I asked confused.

“Well you know one!" Christina said laughing. "Christina! HUSH!" Laura said and I heard her hitting her. "OWWWIE!" I heard her scream.

"Hush! Right, Erin, we gotta go! We'll see you tomorrow though! BYEEEE LOVE YOU!” Laura said it in an excited tone.

"What no! How do I know one!” I asked, well, screamed.

“Never mind!” Laura said.

“What come on! Tell me!” I said.

“Yes yes, all in good time!” Laura said.

“Faggot” I whispered.

“I heard that, now go to bed, you’re traveling home tomorrow!” Laura said happily.

“You were supposed too, and yeah yeah, whatever.” I said smiling

It took us twenty more minutes to finally say goodbye and hang up. I thought to myself for a while, why are they acting so strange, what don’t I know? What am I missing here? I continued thinking for a while.

"Hey, Hayley!" I shouted into the living room."Mhmmm?" she replied. "What are the names of the members of Papa Roach?" I asked. "Uhmm, Jacoby, Tony, Jerry and Tobin!" she said. I froze, Tobin? No.. No, no it can't be..

"Tobin what?" I asked. "Uhm I'm not so sure, why?" she asked confused "Uhh.. it doesn’t matter!" I called back.

Tobin, my brother, cannot possibly be in Papa Roach.. I mean, I know he was in a band, but I’m sure it was called Salvia. It wasn’t Papa Roach. OH MY GOD the girls said they changed the band name! And he is touring? And Papa Roach are actually well know. Oh god it all adds up? No.. this is too much. If it is Papa Roach, I’m literally going to meet them tomorrow. WHAT IF I FAN GIRL. And oh no I told the twins I like Jacoby. No, I’m being silly. Tobin would tell me all this! Or would he? Ah my head hurts. I know!

I'll sleep on it!
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter, yay! Hope you guys enjoyed! Hopefully it grips you into reading the next chapter too!