Status: A personalised Jacoby Shaddix/Papa Roach love story for my best friends, Erin and Laura. I hope everyone enjoys reading it!

I Fell to Temptation

Chapter 4

It was a long flight, and I was becoming restless. The guys were all at the table so I took the sofa, sprawling out for comfort and I was smiling away to myself, mainly because very soon I would be home and partially because I was in first class with Papa Roach, not to mention Jacoby’s stares and the, erm, moment we had an hour or so ago. I must’ve nodded off because I jolted awake when the pilot’s voice started booming in our ears. He was just saying that we would be landing soon and that everyone needs to get in their seats, and also asked the cabin crew to prepare for landing.
I sat up straight and stretched my arms and legs. Then rotated my head because my neck felt a little stiff. Tony then sat beside me and started eagerly looking out the window. I giggled knowing what was about to happen.

“ALMOST THEREEEE, I CAN SEE IT GETTING BIGGER! LOOK! THE CARS! YOU CAN SEE THEM! HERE IT COMES! ANDDDDD.. BOOM SLAM CRACKALAKA! HELLO VANCOUVER!” Tony said as we touched down.

We waited inside first class for a while to allow everyone else to get off, and in that time we just chatted away. We realised we chatted a bit too much when an air hostess had to come get us, there was no longer a line to get out of the plane and everyone had gone. We quickly grabbed our hand luggage and ran to the door of the plane. Tony and I messed about walking through the big tube thing as you come out of the plane and we stopped when we got to the luggage room. No one was
there. Absolutely no one, not a soul.

“Surely we didn’t talk that long.” I said laughing.

“Where the hell did everyone go!” Tony said looking confused.

“Well we did get off after everyone, but they shouldn’t be gone this quick.” Jacoby said looking around.

“Well our bags are the only things on the conveyor belt thingy.” Tobin said staring at the belt.

“Hmm” Jerry said laughing, “This should be fun.” He ran up to the belts, got his bags off of it, then he jumped onto it.

“Jerry what the hell are you doing!” Tobin said shouting at him.

“I’m having fun!” he shouted back to him.

“I am so getting in on that!” I said running over to the belts, I jumped onto them and started copying the moves Jerry was doing.

“Dude your sister is so awesome.” Jerry said to Tobin.

“I know I am.” I said smiling.

“Erin! Erin stop it now!” Tobin started shouting at me.

“Oh loosen up Tobin!” I shouted back. I lay down on the belt and Jerry copied, then he pretended to swim, everyone started laughing at us, including Tobin!

“Right, I think it’s time to get off it.” I said still laughing.

“Awww!” Jerry said pouting and attempting to push himself up. “Oh no, GUYS! HELP! SHIT! I’M STUCK!” Jerry shouted.

“What! No you aren’t!” I said laughing while watching him laying on his tummy tugging at his top.

“MY TOP IS CAUGHT ON IT!” He shouted, the funnier thing was that the belt was coming up to the flaps that led outside, so if he couldn’t get out he would have to go around the whole belt. I quickly jumped off and ran over to him trying to get his top out but I was too late, he went through the end flap and all we could hear was “WEEEEEEE!” I laughed so much I had tears in my eyes and we all waited at the other side for Jerry to come back through.

“Jerry! Seriously get off that thing!” I said laughing at him when he emerged.

“Them men back there are really nice,” he said smiling, “But I think I scared the shit out of them when I said ‘Hi’.” We all burst out laughing yet again and then helped him off the belt, we grabbed our suitcases and walked to the doors of the airport where a lot of people were.

“Guys follow me.” Tobin said smiling.

“Why? We can just go this way.” I said looking at him.

“Uhm yes but er this way is better.” he said grinning.
Jacoby, Jerry, Tony and I all looked at him confused but we followed him through the corridor that led to another door.

“Is this like a special corridor for famous people?” I asked looking at Tobin, he rolled his eyes and I just laughed as we walked on out through the doors at the end of the corridor.
We had only stepped through the doors when I heard a loud scream and my name being called, I quickly looked around me and then I saw Christina and Laura running towards me, they jumped ontop of me, basically attacking me.

“OH MY GOD! CHRISTINA! LAURA!” I said hugging both of them.

“YOU’RE FINALLY HERE!” Christina said smiling at me.

“Sa’bout time!” Laura said laughing.

“Oh shut up! We’re usually waiting for you! Isn’t that right Stine?” I asked Christina.

“Yup!” Christina replied.

“I didn’t know you guys were picking us up!” I said excitedly and gave them both a great big hug.

“SURPRISE!” They shouted and I smiled.

“So I see you have met Papa Roach?” Christina said deviously, I whacked her arm.

“YEAH! Thanks for keeping that from me guys. Top siblings yous are!” I said and the twins laughed.

“Hey, why do you guys look so different, I saw you both two months ago!” they both looked at each other.

“We do?” they said at the same time laughing, I nodded trying to work out what it was that was different.

We turned around to face the boys and Jerry and Tony were standing mouths wide opened, literally. Christina ran over to Jerry hugged him then, literally, shut his mouth.

“Ahhh!” Christina said hugging Jerry again. “It’s so good to see you guys! How was the trip? I’ve missed you all.” She said smiling, she had her arms around his waist now. He was grinning like crazy. I was watching them both intently.

“I think she likes him.” I said to Laura.

“She totally does, between me and you, there is definitely something going on!” Laura said laughing.

“Excuse me Laura where is my hug?” Tony said and opened out his arms. She laughed and basically ran over to him. “My little Seahorse!” Tony said hugging her.

“My Tubby Turtle!” she said hugging him tighter, I laughed at the nicknames. Tony pulled away and looked at Laura, then at Christina, who was now hugging Jacoby.

“Erin’s definitely right, what have you guys been doing!? You look amazing!” Tony said to them.

“Uhm, we haven’t done anything!” they both said laughing. “It’s maybe because you and Erin both haven’t seen us in two months, Erin once we left NYC after your Graduation Tobin and the boys went travelling a bit doing various gigs.” Christina said answering Tony and giving me some insight. She was now over beside Jerry again. “Oh wait! God Laura we’re silly..” Christina said shaking her hair.
“Laura took the blue and black bits outta her hair!”

“Oh right! Yah.” Laura said smiling and flicking her hair. Tony snapped his fingers.

“THAT’S IT. It looks lovely.” He said and she smiled at him.

“I was getting frustrated with the colours. I also feel too old for it. Twenty three with blue black blonde hair? Nah.” She said and Tony laughed.

“Well you both look beautiful. You too of course Erin.” Jerry said putting his arm around Christina’s shoulder smiling and I laughed. The twins thanked him.

“Okay enough of you guys complimenting my sisters! And what don’t I get a hug?!” Tobin said and the twins laughed then both ran over and hugged him.

“Okay.” Christina said. “Laura and I brought Dads Audi Q7. Follow me!” She said motioning us to follow. “Erin.” She said smirking, and took me by the arm so we could walk faster, ahead of everyone, Laura sped up with us. “Did you notice Jacoby hasn’t taken his eyes off you?” She said smiling at me I laughed.

“Mmm yes I’ve noticed that quite a bit.” I said, Christina looked at Laura and grinned deviously.

“What?” I asked.

“He literally couldn’t stop staring!” they both said and I nodded.

“Yeah yeah, but I mean it’s nothing.” I said.

“No but seriously dude he hasn’t looked away from you.” Laura said looking at me.

“Guys seriously. It’s nothing! You guys are only making it out to be something because last night I said he was hot!” I said nudging them both

“I dunno. I mean I haven’t seen Jacoby look at another girl ever since..” Christina began saying but she was interrupted when Tony came up behind her and flung his arms around her neck.

“Hey Stine, are you driving?” He asked her.

“Yeah, Laura drove on the way down so I am designated driver for the journey back up to good ol’ Edmonton!”

“SHOTGUN!” Tony shouted, and turned to the guys with an accomplished look.

“What! Tony! I thought you were gonna sit with me and tell me everything about gigging?” Laura said and pouted. He copied her pout and started whimpering at her.

“But you know I love riding shotgun!” He said and she couldn’t help but smile.

“Fine.” She said rolling her eyes but smiling.

When we got to the car, Christina and Tony clambered in the front whilst I clambered into the back. The guys put our stuff in the trunk, then Tobin and Jerry took the seats in the middle in front of me, and I knew Laura would make Jacoby sit beside me. I just knew it.

“Hey Jacoby why don’t you just jump in the back beside Erin.” She said. SEE. I KNEW IT.

“You sure you don’t wanna sit beside her? I mean you are her sister.” Jacoby said with a sweet smile.

“Yes and I’ll be her sister for eternity. Now get your butt in there.” She said and lightly pushed him, he laughed and I tried to glare at her without Jacoby seeing.

“Okay is everybody in?” Christina said when Laura closed the door. We all shouted back yes.

“Okay, Edmonton here we come!” She said and we headed out of the airport.

The next hour was the boys filling us in on some of the gigs they had and then Tobin was telling us how they ended up in Detroit and we started talking about how weird it was that I so happened to end up on the same flight as them. I also told them about the poor little elderly man that took a stroke. I hope he’s okay. Jerry had the twins in stitches laughing at his conveyor belt story, and Tony had us all laughing at his goofiness. He’s so funny. All the guys are great. After the main stories were told we just had mindless chit chat. We weren’t too far from Edmonton now, and I could feel my eyes getting heavy. I’m super tired from all the traveling. I could hear Jacoby lightly laugh. I turned to face him and smiled.

“What?” I said in a whisper, hoping no one else would hear.

“Everyone’s asleep.” He said and I turned to look at everyone, who sure enough were asleep.

“Oh.” I said in my normal tone and then laughed. “Aren’t you tired?” I asked him, they had gigged the night before and were travelling all morning to get to the airport.

“Mmm a bit I guess. Aren’t you?” He asked.

“Yeah kinda.” I said. I felt slightly awkward with the meaningless conversation, I guess Jacoby did too because he started twiddling his thumbs.

“So I know we’ve basically already spoke about this, but overall did you enjoy touring some of America?” I asked, hoping to lift the awkwardness. He smiled.

“Yeah it was really good! We’re still a small time band though. We’re not famous or anything. But hopefully our fan base will develop a bit further. I don’t really like our manager though.” He said.

“Well, I for one am I fan, as shamed as I am to admit that. I’m only ashamed because my brother is in it and c’mon, that’s embarrassing right?” I said and laughed.

“Yeah I getcha. I have two younger brothers, and I’d feel totally embarrassed if I was a fan girl for their music.” He said and I rolled my eyes laughing at him.

“So I’m a fan girl now am I?” I said raising my eyebrow, Jacoby gave me a goofy grin which made me laugh. “So hey why don’t you really like your manager?” I asked, interested.

“Ah it’s a long story. None of us really like him. Yeno he is good, but there’s just something unprofessional about him, you get me?” He said and I nodded.

We continued talking for the next half hour, then I recognised the street we were on and I gasped.

“WE’RE HERE!” I said jumping in my seat.

We drove up the long forest road and eventually came to the house. We drove through the iron cast gates and round past the decorative fountain, Christina beeping the horn like crazy as we did so. Sleepy groans then arose in the car as everyone woke up, disturbed by the horn. When the life came back to everyone, we all got out of the car. I scanned my surrounding area, took a deep breath, exhaled and smiled.

Home Sweet Home.