Status: A personalised Jacoby Shaddix/Papa Roach love story for my best friends, Erin and Laura. I hope everyone enjoys reading it!

I Fell to Temptation

Chapter 6

I groaned as I opened my eyes, I hadn’t shut my curtains before getting into bed so my room was lit up with the light of the beating sun shining through my windows, reflecting onto the wall in front of me, and right back into my eyes. I sat up, rubbing my eyes, and turned to face the shelf above my bed, which only blinded me more as that’s where the windows were located, I reached for my phone. Eleven am. Not bad considering the twins, the guys and I went to bed around five. I debated whether I should stay in my big cosy bed or go get food, I think ima choose the latter.

I got out of bed, shoved my feet into my slippers, and made my way to the kitchen. I could smell food as soon as I got to the staircase, yay! That only means mom must be cooking! And sure enough when I reached the kitchen there she was cooking away.

“What’s cooking good looking?” I asked her with a smile.

“Everything you could think of for an Irish fry up of course!” she said.

“Awww yes I love Irish fry ups!” I said happily. My mom isn’t from Canada, she’s originally from Ireland so sometimes she makes Irish food and damn is it good! She still has a bit of her irish twang, which we have picked up as well. “So let’s do a check list, are there sausages?” I asked.

“Yup!”

“Eggs? Bacon? Soda bread? Potato bread?”

“Yup, yup and yup, freshly baked soda and potato bread that is!”

“Mushrooms, Toast, Beans?”

“Yes Erin, I have everything!” She said and laughed.

“Good Mommy!” I said with a smile. She continued on cooking and I talked to her whilst eyeing up the food that I would soon demolish.

“Erin honey will you go wake your sisters and the guys up?”

“Sure thing chicken wing!” I said and she laughed. I skipped out of the kitchen, ran up the stairs and went into Christina’s room first.

“MORNIN’ SUNSHINE!” I said running to her bed and beginning to jump on it.

“WHAT? WHERE! WHO TOOK THE SUNNY D!” she said in a terrified tone and I just stared at her in total confusion and tried not to laugh. “Wait.. what did I just say?” she said looking confused as I was and also holding back laughter.

“Just something about someone taking the Sunny D?” I said and we both laughed. “You can be so stupid in the morning.” I said laughing at her.

“I know. Now, why are you waking me up at..” she looked at her phone “Eleven twenty three am!”

“Because, mom has cooked us a gigantic Irish breakfast and she wants everyone else to get at least some of it before l eat it all.” I said smiling.

“Aw yes! I love Irish breakfast.”

“Yeah so c’mon! Come wake Laura up with me!” I grabbed her arm, pulled her out of her bed and we went to Laura’s room, which was at the end of the corridor.

“Hmm, we should shout some random stuff at her.” Christina said laughing.

“Ooo like what?” I asked.

“Fire?” she smiled and I just giggled.

“Perfect.”

We opened the door and ran over to her bed, we clambered up onto it and started jumping.

“DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO!” Christina started, she was making a very realistic fire alarm noise.

“FIREEEEE! FIREEEEE! FIREEEEEEE! LAURA WAKE THE HELL UP THERES A FREAKING FIREEEE!” I said shouting, I was shaking her like crazy and trying to get her up.

“W-W-WHAT! WHERE! IS IT THE KITCHEN! IS IT MOM! IS SHE OKAY? I CAN’T SEE YOU GUYS THE LIGHT IS BLINDING ME, GUYS WHAT ARE YOU DOING, STOP JUMPING THERES A FIRE, GUYS SERIOUSLY I CANT SEE HELP ME YOU ASSES!” She got up a little too quickly and ended up falling to the floor, she was shouting profanity’s at us and still didn’t realise Christina was making the noise so Christina ran up behind her and started making the noise in her ear.

“AHHHHHHH FIRE! THERES A FI-“ she stopped screaming and looked at us. “YOU ABSOLUTE ASSHOLES! THAT WAS YOU GUYS ALL ALONG!” she said looking so pissed off making Christina and I fall on her bed laughing. “YOUS ARE SO STUPID OH MY GOD WHAT IF THERE WAS A FIRE!” she grabbed her pillow and started beating the crap out of us with it.

“OI! STOP IT!” Christina said getting up, grabbing a pillow and taking a swing at Laura.

“WHY DID YOUS EVEN DO THAT YOU FREAKS!” she said screaming at us.

“COS BREAKFAST IS READYYYY!” I said sitting up. “Cmon we have to go wake the boys up now, are yous thinking what I’m thinking?” I said it and winked at them.

“I take Jerry, Laura takes Tony and well, you..” Christina said deviously “You can take whoever you want” she coughed “JACOBY!” and she coughed again. I glared at her.

“C’mon I can’t just go jumping on a stranger.” I said.

“Pah!” Christina and Laura both said laughing. “He’s hardly a stranger. Besides, you two were getting pretty cosy last night.” Christina said and raised her eyebrows. I rolled my eyes.

“What just because we sat beside each other that means something now?” I said and they both laughed and walked out of Laura’s room. I sighed, but followed them.

We made our way over to the ‘guys corridor’ as we call it and stopped outside Tobin’s room. I discovered last night that the guys actually have bedrooms to themselves here, which kinda surprised me but hey, why not? We have so many spare rooms anyways and the guys are here literally twenty four seven. But last night we brought mattresses into Tobin’s room so I am assuming they all went to sleep in there. Christina opened the door ever so slightly to check that they were there, and yep, they were.

“Okay.” Christina whispered, “One, two, three, GO!” and we opened the door running to the guys, Christina ran straight over to Jerry and got on top of him, Laura did the same with Tony and as for me, I was jumping on Tobin’s bed.

“WAKEY WAKEY SLEEP HEAD!” Christina said in a baby voice to Jerry.

“RISE AND SHINE GORGEOUS!” Laura said in the same-ish baby voice to Tony.

“GET THE FUCK UP YOU LAZY BASTARD!” I screamed to Tobin.

An eruption of laughter coming from behind me made me turn to the doorway, where Jacoby was standing in a dressing gown that was gapping open ever so slightly at the top so I could see some of his chest tattoos. I was then quickly shoved to the floor, which I was almost thankful for as God knows how long I would have stared distracted at Jacoby’s bare-ish chest. I looked back up to Tobin in surprise.

“Hey!” I shouted at him. “That wasn’t very nice.” I said and got back ontop of his bed, sprawling across him.

“Erin you have one minute to explain why the fuck you are on top of me at..” He glanced at his clock on the wall. “Eleven forty am!” I laughed.

“Well as I am nice person I thought I would come and wake you up to allow you to get some breakfast.” I said and smiled sweetly.

I looked over to Jerry who was literally looking at Christina in awe. C’mon something has to be going on there. Then over at Tony who was goofing about with Laura. Jacoby was still chuckling in the doorway.

“What are you finding so funny?” I asked Jacoby. He just laughed more.

“That juxtaposition was great.” He said.

“What juxtaposition?” I said laughing.

“Christina and Laura talking all sweet to Jerry and Tony and you just like GET THE FUCK UP YOU LAZY BASTARD.” He said imitating me and I did laugh a little bit too hard, causing Jacoby to laugh too. “it was great.” He said still laughing.

“I do try.” I said with a smile. “Anyways guys can we please go and get breakfast now!”

“But of course!” Tony said and lifted Laura up off of him bridal style and carried her out the room. I looked at Christina to see if she had a facial reaction to the Tony Laura thing but she was too fixated on Jerry. She smiled and stood up, strutting out of the room shaking her ass a bit too much as Jerry followed behind her. What is with these girls?! I must’ve been looking really confused because now Jacoby was looking at me questioningly. I smiled and made my way over to him.

“What’s with the look?” I asked him.

“No what’s with your look.” He said and I shrugged my shoulders.

“Are they always like this? Yeno the twins and the guys.” I asked.

“Yeah basically.” Jacoby said laughing.

“Isn’t Tobin weird with it?” I asked and turned around, making sure he wasn’t walking too close behind me. He wasn’t even there, lazy git must still be in bed.

“Well it’s harmless. At least I think so. Laura and Tony are just best friends, really good best friends. Christina and Jerry however… I think something is going on there.” Jacoby said.

“Really? Why?” I asked curious.

“Lets just say Jerry hasn’t shown interest in anybody in a long time. Like almost a year. He’s my bro, I can see the way he looks at Christina. Between you and I, if something isn’t already going on, it defo will start.” He said, and I felt like this was now mine and Jacoby’s secret.

“But seriously Tobin must pick up on this stuff, he’s so protective of us and wouldn’t that be like weird or at least against the rules if band members started dating sisters?” I said and Jacoby sighed a long sigh but then smiled.

“I guess.” He said and I raised my eyebrow.

“You guess?” I said laughing. “You don’t have any sisters do you?” I said and Jacoby chuckled.

“No but I still think it’s silly, if you have feelings for someone you shouldn’t have to just stop because it’s a friends sister. I don’t think it’s fair, I think it’d be painful.” He said and it sounded like he knew this pain, or knew someone who knew this pain.

“Ohhh I get it.” I said and Jacoby raised his eyebrows at me. “You guys totally have a pact!” I said and he laughed.

“Shut up Erin.” He said laughing and shoved me ever so slightly which made me laugh.

“You totally do!” I said laughing even more, he rolled his eyes, smiled and said nothing. “That is so high schoolish.” I said digging at him.

“Pft! I’ll have you know very mature adult men can have pacts too.” He said with a smirk.

“I knew it.” I said and he shoved me again.

“You know nothing.” He said playfully and I just laughed.

We had made our way to the kitchen where mom was placing plates of individual foods on the island, again like a buffet style. We queued up, grabbed a plate and filled it to our hearts content then sat at the dining room table.

“So whats on the Agenda today you guys?” Mom asked us.

“Well Laura, Erin and I were thinking of going to the mall, maybe find something to wear for this Friday.” Christina said cutting into her sausages.

“Yeah cos you guys really need more clothes.” Tobin said and Christina glared at him.

“I don’t suppose you have an outfit mustered up for this Friday do you Tobin?” Laura asked and Tobin laughed.

“A pair of jeans and a t-shirt will do me fine. I don’t need to buy something new.” He said rolling his eyes at her.

“Boys.” The twins and I both said rolling our eyes, making mom laugh.

“Guys do you have any plans?” Mom asked them.

“Meh.” They all said in sync.

“Sounds great!” Mom said sarcastically and the twins and I laughed.

“Feel free to join us at the mall if yous want.” I said directed to the guys.

“That’d be cool.” Jacoby said and Jerry and Tobin shot him a ‘dude what the hell look’.

“Yeah I’m down for the mall!” Tony said eagerly, and again Jerry and Tobin shot a ‘dude what the hell look’.

“Tobin, Jerry?” Christina said.

“Nah.” They both said in sync.

“We’ll just work on some stuff in the studio.” Tobin said.

“Cool. So we’ll all go to the mall and Tobin and Jerry will be boring.” I said smirking at them.

We finished eating breakfast and everyone else ran off to get ready and I stayed and helped mom tidy the kitchen.

“Do they always run off and leave you with everything to do?” I asked her whilst I was filling the dishwasher.

“No of course not. Most of the time I tell them to go anyways.” She said and smiled.

“Well ya shouldn’t! They should be the ones cleaning, not you!” I said.

“I like doing it though.”

“Well you’re just weird.” I said and she laughed.

“If you’re my daughter, and I’m weird. Does that mean you’re weird too?” She said with a smirk.

“Yeah I guess so.” I said and we laughed.

I had placed the last dish in the dishwasher and mom told me to go get ready, so I left the kitchen, ran up to my room and went into my bathroom to get a shower. When I had finished showering I sat on my bed with a towel around me and dried my hair. Laura came into my room mid-blow dry.

“Are you serious.” I heard her say through the noise of the hairdryer. I shut it off to respond.

“What?” I asked.

“You’re only just out of the shower now?” She said and I gave her an unamused look.

“I stayed to help mom clean up unlike you guys. So shoot me for being a little bit behind. Besides, I’ll still be ready before you.” I said and smiled, turning the hair dryer back on. I knew that would annoy her. She came over to me and turned the hairdryer back off again.

“Hey!” I said.

“Have you taken my straighteners?” She asked and I laughed.

“Only got back home yesterday and already I am being accused of stealing.” I said.

“Well Christina wouldn’t take them and I thought maybe you had because you haven’t unpacked everything yet.” She said.

“It wasn’t me.” I said and then laughed thinking of that Shaggy song. Laura stood up and rolled her eyes.

“Must be that bloody Tony.” She said in a whisper, shaking her head and walked out my door. I laughed to myself and turned the hairdryer back on.

Once I had done that I went back into my bathroom, did my makeup then went to my wardrobe and threw some clothes and my shoes on. I grabbed my bag and put my phone and purse into it. Then I walked over to Laura’s room to see if she was ready. Of course she wasn’t. Christina was lying on Laura’s bed, sprawled out, on her iPhone. Laura was on the floor straightening her hair.

“Are you serious.” I said in a mocking voice and Laura just glared. “I knew I’d be ready before you.” I said with a smirk and sat on the chair in the corner.

“I’m just finishing my hair Erin. I’ll be ready in a minute.” She said and Christina and I both burst out laughing.

“A minute doesn’t exist in your world.” Christina said, still looking at her iPhone screen.

“Shut up Christina.” Laura said.

“Oooo fight fight fight!” I said and laughed.

Laura got up and slid her wardrobe door back, she had a built in wardrobe the size of the entire wall, and it was of course a mirror wardrobe. She lifted out her favourite pair of converses and I groaned.

“It takes you half a year to put your converse on.” I said and Christina laughed.

“Don’t be so stupid no it does not.” She said and started putting them on.

When she finally had both on her feet she stood up and looked at me victoriously.

“Ha.” She said walking out of her room and Christina and I followed.

“Yeah okay so you put your shoes on, but Laura, you missed a bit.” I said laughing and walked in front of her.

“What! Missed what!” she said running back into her room, I just walked on down the corridor giggling.

“You’re bad, I love it.” Christina said smiling and I grinned.

We continued on down the corridor and when we got to the staircase we could see Jacoby and Tony sitting in the living room, looking bored. Jacoby looked up when we started walking down the stairs.

“Finally!” Jacoby said and Tony sprung up on his feet, when he realised Laura wasn’t with us he groaned and sat back down again.

“She’s still doing her hair isn’t she?” Tony said and Christina and I both laughed.

“Got it in one.” I said and he rolled his eyes.

I went and sat on the unoccupied sofa, and Christina sat down beside Jacoby and gave me a smug smile, I tried not to laugh at her as I knew exactly what she was doing.

“So boys are you buying anything for this Friday?” Christina asked them.

“Maybe, I dunno.” Tony said shrugging.

“Probably not. I just wanna go to the mall to get bubble tea.” Jacoby said and smiled.

“Bubble tea?” I asked and he gasped at me.

“You’ve never had bubble tea?” he said and I shook my head. “Are you kidding me?” He said and I shook my head again. “Okay it’s settled, I’m taking you for Bubble tea.” He said and I smiled a bit too hard. Christina was creepily raising her eyebrows at me and I again tried not to laugh.

Laura finally emerged at the top of the stairs and we all cheered.

“If you weren’t designated driver we would have left ages ago.” I said standing and smiling at her.

“I hate you.” She said and I laughed.

“No ya don’t!” I said and she smiled.

We made our way to the front door, and waited on the porch whilst Laura went down the right hand corridor to get into the garage to get her car. When she drove round we all clambered in, I was in the middle of Christina and Jacoby and I knew she would find a way to annoy or embarrass me in front of Jacoby.

It was a forty or so minute drive to get there, but didn’t feel that long with Christina and Laura telling embarrassing stories of me making Jacoby and Tony laugh. When we got out of the car at the mall I grabbed Christina and Laura’s arms.

“I hate you guys.” I harshly whispered and they just laughed.

We made our way inside and the guys decided to go one way and the twins and I went the other. We went in through a few stores and picked up a few small things but we hadn’t found anything for Friday night yet.

“Ooo look! Topshop has opened!” I said dragging the girls over to it, it wasn’t opened the last time I was over so I wanted to take a look inside.

We wandered round the four arms and aisles mindlessly looking through the clothes when I spotted a gorgeous knee length, off shoulder black midi dress. I stared up at it on the rail and could see that it had a very small v-line cut, and the more I stared at it, the more I pictured myself in it. Christina walked over to me.

“Find anything?” She asked and I looked at her then back at the dress.

“Oooo.” She said and lifted it down from the rail, then pressed it against me. “Go try it on.” She said and I laughed. We walked to the changing rooms, picking up Laura on the way. As I was trying the dress on I could hear the girls complaining about how they hadn’t found anything yet.

When I had the dress on I stared at myself in it then smiled.

“Have you it on yet?” Laura asked and I pulled the curtain back.

“Wooooow.” Laura said and Christina wolf whistled. I looked down at the dress and smiled.

“Like it?” I asked.

“Love it.” Laura said.

“Yep so that’s dress number one bought!” Christina said and I smiled. “It looks amazing on you!” She then added and I smiled wider. “Seriously though why were you the sister to get the boobs. They’re popping out at me right now. Meanwhile Laura and I are stuck with our eggs.” She said sulking and I burst out laughing.

“Soz.” I said grinning and closed my curtain, getting back into my normal clothes.

The twins and I walked to the checkout and as we waited in the queue I wondered could I still get student discount.

“Think if I handed over my student ID I might still get student discount?” I asked and the twins giggled.

“Worth a try.” Christina said.

When I got to the tills I handed the lady my card, she took a quick glance at it then handed it back to me. I smiled victoriously. She packed the dress in a bag, and told me the total to which I paid. We walked out the store and I was still smiling victoriously.

“Gotta love student discount.” I said and the twins laughed.

Christina was guiding us to this little boutique she had spotted earlier when we bumped into Tony and Jacoby.

“Fancy seeing you here!” Tony said and swung his arm around Laura. “Get anything nice?” He asked.

“No.” Christina and Laura both said with sad faces.

“Yes!” I said excitedly and grinned.

“Oo do show us.” Tony said.

“Nu-uh. You can see on Friday.” I said and smirked.

“Ahh keeping it a mystery, eh?” Tony said and winked, I rolled my eyes but laughed at him. “Well this is just no good that you and Christina have nothing yet.” Tony said and swung his other arm around Christina. “We’ll just have to go find something for ya’s!” Tony said and I could see Jacoby’s facial expression drop.

“Dude you can’t be serious.” Jacoby said and I couldn’t help but laugh.

“What?” Tony asked confused.

“You want to drag me, clothes shopping, but not just any clothes shopping, girl clothes shopping?” He said, I giggled and Tony gave him a confused puppy look which made Jacoby shake his head and smile. “I swear Laura has brainwashed you or something.”

“Hey!” Laura shouted. “Tony just gets me. He is on the same level as me.” She said and Tony nodded smiling proudly.

“Well I for one am not on that level. Hmm. Hey Erin, wanna go for bubble tea?” He asked with a grin, I looked at him almost bewildered, then looked at the twins and realised how idiotic I must look, looking at my sisters for their approval to allow me to go. Christina was doing her pedo raisey eyebrows and Laura was giving me a pedo smile. “I mean after all you do have your dress bought.” Jacoby said and I smiled.

“Wow you really know how to persuade a girl don’t you?” I said.

“I do try.” He grinned flirtatiously, then took me by the arm and off we went.