Assistants and Dearest

XII

In the morning, Vic made me breakfast and snuck it up to me. He made pancakes, one of my favorites.

"Thank you." I said with a smile before starting to eat.

"You're very welcome." He replied with a chuckle, watching me.

"You're not eating?"

"Not hungry..." I nodded, taking another bite. Vic's a really good cook, that's for sure.

When I finished, Vic took my plate and placed it on the beside table. His fingers intertwined with mine as he leaned in and kissed me.

"I taste syrup." He mumbled into the kiss, causing me to laugh. I kissed back though, wrapping my arms around his neck to hold him close against me. I was cold in this room and he was keeping me warm. Vic pulled back and got off the bed, walking into his closet. He came out a few minutes later in normal clothes.

"No work today, remember?" He said as if reading my thoughts. I nodded.

"Yeah..." I mumbled. "You should've left your shirt off." He smiled.

"You wish." He mumbled, sitting down on the bed and latching his hands onto my ankles. He pulled me towards him, causing me to laugh.

Vic's lips met mine for what seemed the millionth time this morning. But I loved it so, so much.

"You should get going." Vic stated after the kiss ended. I pouted, pleading to stay with my eyes. "Don't give me that face..." I tried again, failing.

"Fine." I muttered irritably.

Vic pecked my lips before shoving me lightly towards the window, helping me out.

"Just leave the ladder there." He called out once I was in the yard. "And be careful, don't let them see you."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye." His window shut, so I walked quickly off the lawn and onto the sidewalk. At least if I got caught now, I could say I was just walking past them. Fortunately though, no one saw me, or at least I don't think they did.

So what to do now? I had literally no good way to waste my time now! Fuck, this is going to be a long day.

☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

In the morning, I heard a loud thud that sent me out of the bed at lightning speed. I peered around the corner, but nothing was there. What happened?

Slowly, I snuck out into the living room, grabbing my coat and pulling the door open. And what I saw surprised me.

Down at the very end of the hall was two men in black suits with masks, and the worst part; Guns.

With a sharp intake of breath, I flinched and ran back into my room as quietly as possible. I had to get out of here, I was in danger! Without hesitation, I flung open the closet and pulled out my suitcase, stuffing all the important clothing and items I needed inside. I made sure to pack electronics and their cords in the middle, for safe keeping. What I was doing was risky, especially since I was on the third floor.

Doors were being opened shortly after, and then screams. I never heard gunshots though, not yet anyways.

I opened my window and looked below to what looked like a soft landing, but probably wasn't. Grass stood high, probably because no one has mowed yet. I picked up the heavy suitcase and as gently as possible, tossed it out the window. Please let my stuff be okay, I thought to myself.

I rushed back to the door, peering out the hole. I could see them, they were four doors down. I panicked.

My body led me back to the window and I plugged my ears, desperate to stifle the screams and the alarm now going off.

I stuck my foot out onto the small ledge, and then the other. Quickly and carefully, I pushed myself to right, trying to get to the small balcony below. And when I reached it, I froze. Looking into my room, I saw the two men searching. But I was gone, unless they could see me. If I dropped, I'd make a scene and they'd see me, but if I stayed, I may have a chance to get out of here.

The two men were no longer visible, so I dropped down and ducked, just in case. Nothing happened.

With a sigh of relief, I brought myself to my feet and slid down the railing, landing on my hands and knees in the grass. That stung.

Grabbing my suitcase, I pulled the handle and ran as fast as I could off the property and down the street. People stood on the sidewalks as the police finally reported to the scene. I didn't stop running though. I ran, and I ran until I felt my legs were going to break off.

And I ran to Vic's.

☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

"Kellin?" Vic asked with a startle when I flung the unlocked door open.

"Oh my god Vic," I said with a shaky breath, adrenaline coursing through my veins.

"What happened, are you alright?" I shook my head profusely, looking at him now with teary eyes.

"The n-news." I stated, letting Vic lead me into the living room. He turned on the news, and of course, I saw what I didn't want to see. My apartment complex. Vic knew too well, so he turned it off and turned back to me.

"W-why..."

"I don't know why they did it. But I got out and-"

"They didn't hurt you, right? They.....how did you?" He rambled, looking between me and our intertwined fingers.

"No, I saw them before. My stuff, I threw it out the window and I got off of someone's balcony, then I ran here."

"You could've ca-"

"Vic? Who are you talking to?" I heard Vic's dad ask, and before I could hide, he showed up in the doorway. Vic let go of my hand and moved away, looking at his father nervously.

"Kellin's apartment complex was broken into and, I let him come over here...."

"Are you okay?" Mr. Fuentes asked with worried eyes, much like Vic's. I nodded, looking at the ground. "U-uh, Vic....Show Kellin the guest room. And no work for you guys today." Vic nodded, and led me up the stairs into a room that was pretty much empty, except for a bed and desk.

"You didn't have to let me stay here." I stated, looking around. It was too good for me.

"Nonsense, I'm not letting you go back there, you sure you're alright?" I nodded again, still disagreeing with him.

Vic leaned in a kissed me softly, his hands tangling in my hair. I let him kiss me awhile until I kissed him back, slowly. He seems to make everything better. When he pulled away, I gave him a small smile, so he looked down nervously.

"C'mon, I'll show you around."