Assistants and Dearest

XIV

"What about this one?" I yelled to Vic, coming out in a plaid button up shirt. I posed in a disturbing manner. Vic laughed at me.

"Fabulous, you should get it." I nodded, tossing him the shirt once I removed it. He caught it as I threw on more shirts.

The rest of the day was made up of high expenses in clothing and food. But, it was fun. He made the worst day of my life form into one of the best.

"I feel spoiled." I said, after slamming the car door shut and tossing my bags in the back.

"Don't, it's the least I could've done."

"Still, you're too sweet. How'd you end up with me?" He smiled, starting the car and pulling out.

"I ended up with you because you were a flirtatious bitch and you made me never quit thinking about you, that's how." I laughed.

"Yeah well."

"So, how do you feel?"

"Never been better." I said, smiling at him. And it wasn't a lie.

Today starting off as my worst nightmare, but then Vic came in and made everything better. And it makes me question, why me? It just doesn't make sense to me. Vic's just so, perfect, and I'm so, screwed up.

"Good." Was all he said for the rest of the ride back to, his, well our house I guess.

Once we got back to the house, Vic and I went upstairs and talked for awhile until Vic's dad headed off to bed. I found out his room is a few down from Vic's, opposite to me.

"Well, you should probably sleep, we gotta work in the morning." I nodded, getting off Vic's bed and walking towards the door. But Vic caught me by the wrist and pulled me back.

"No goodnight kiss?" He asked, I smiled and leaned in, planting a kiss on his nose. He scrunched it up before pressing his lips against mine. When he pulled away, I gave him another smile and walked out of the room towards my own.

"No regrets." I heard him say when I shut the door.

☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

"Hey, get up." I heard someone say, waking me from my current dream.

"Not now." I mumbled, tossing a pillow over my head. The person removed it.

"Hurry up, Vic has to leave soon." This wasn't Vic?

I opened my eyes and squinted, meeting the face of Mike Fuentes, Vic's little brother.

"Oh, okay." Was all I said before sitting up, watching him back away.

"I guess we never had a proper introduction." Mike stated, so I nodded. "Well, I'm Mike, and if you ever have a question about the place, you know, feel free to ask me."

"I'm Kellin, Vic's-" I cut myself off. "Vic's assistant, and thanks." He walked outside the door, then turned back.

"And if you ever need someone to hang with or something, I'm free." He knocked on the wood before walking off.

Was everyone this generous to me?

After I was dressed, I went downstairs and met Vic and his dad in the kitchen. I'll admit, it was hard to constrain myself from walking over to Vic and kissing him. But I couldn't. I can't even fathom how disastrous that would be. So instead, I smiled.

"There's cereal in that pantry if you want some." Mr. Fuentes said.

"Thanks." I grabbed a bowl from the counter, then the cereal and milk.

When I finished eating, I put the bowl in the sink like Vic had done, then went into the living room, meeting Vic.

"We should get going." He said, grabbing his coat and tossing mine to me. I caught it unsteathily and slipped it on, walking out the front door with him.

"So..what is there to do today?" I asked once inside the car.

"Not very much, some mail. Payroll isn't for a couple days." I nodded.

When we arrived at the office, I hurried up the stairs and began to work. Getting distracted wasn't an option right now. That was, until I looked up to meet looking down at me.

"What?" I asked cautiously, avoiding his gaze.

"Why are you so sad looking?" He asked softly.

"No reason." I commented, going back to work. Vic removed the pen from my hand, frowning at me.

"You can tell me." He stated, pulling up a chair and sitting next to me. I sighed.

"I just think you guys are being overly generous to me, when I don't deserve any of this, that's all."

"You do deserve this Kellin, you have no idea how much you mean to me. There's no such thing as overly generous." I nodded, though I still couldn't believe him.

Vic kissed my forehead, and as hard as I tried, I couldn't wipe the smile on my face off. He saw it too.

"Look who's smiling." He teased, so I looked away. "Go back to the flirtatious Kellin I know."

"You're amazing." I blurted out, then I blushed. So did Vic. Silence.

"Well, I could say the same to you."

I grabbed my pen from his hand and smirked before continuing to write. He went to work as well, and no words were exchanged for the rest of the day. We got food at lunch, but we never talked. It was awkward, but comfortable at the same time. I guess we didn't have a reason to talk.

And when we got home that night, we watched TV, ate dinner, and that was it. Well, before I went to bed. Silently, I went into Vic's room, wrapping my arms around him from behind. He flinched, then saw it was me and smiled.

"Hey." He said.

"Hey." I replied, resting my head on his shoulder. He clutched my hands, swaying us back and forth. I looked down and bit my lips. This was sweet.

Another gap of silence was passed before I turned him around and kissed him deeply. When I pulled away, I pushed him away a little, but continued to hold his hands.

"Good night." I said softly, letting him out of my grip. His eyes met mine.

"Good night." Was all he said before I hurried out of his room and into my own, ready for another restless night.