Assistants and Dearest

XVIII

"I'm so sorry Vic, I just-"

"You just fucking lost the papers?" Vic yelled at me.

"Yes, but it was an accident."

"I don't care if it was an accident, how do you lose and stack of papers!"

"I'm sorry please don't-"

"Shut up." He snapped, pacing back and forth. I happily obliged his wishes.

Vic was honestly scaring me right now, and if he wanted me to shut up, then I would.

Vic gave me a stack of papers for the audit coming up next week, and I could've sworn I put them in the organizer but they aren't there. And of course, I flipped out because these are the fucking audit papers, without these they could be sued! So, Vic's mad. Not just mad, he's fucking pissed. Without the papers he can't give them to his father, which will cost his father's business. And it all comes back to me.

"I've got to tell my dad." He said after a few moments.

"No no no, please Vic, please don't tell him." I begged. "If you tell him, what's going to happen to me?" He ignored my comments and left the room, leaving me to cry for the short time being.

What have I done?

☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

Vic

"Dad? I asked quietly, knocking on the shut, wooden door.

"Come in." He stated, so I turned the knob and walked in, avoiding his gaze now on me.

"I've got bad news..." I said.

I didn't want to tell him what had happened, but I had to. If I didn't, the issue would be much worse than it already is. I could lose my job, we could lose this business.

"What is it?" He asked, more concern in his voice.

"We...we lost t-the auditing p-papers." I called out. Silence filled the room as I resented myself for ever giving Kellin those papers.

"You. What." He said, his eyes baring into my skull.

"I'm sorry, it just-"

"You lost the papers?!" He snarled. I nodded. "Do you realize if we don't find those in the next four days we're done for?" I nodded again. "How did you lose them? You never do this!"

"I gave the papers to Kellin a-and now they're-"

"Kellin." He repeated, as if it all made since.

"No. No dad please don't-" But it was too late.

My father stormed out of the room and up the stairs, me following. His hands smacked the door, as he intruded the room. Kellin's eyes widened.

"You." He pointed at Kellin, a malicious look on his face. My dad rarely got this fired up, but this was enough to scare me. "Get out of my business and don't you dare come back." He snarled.

Kellin looked to me apologetically before nodding and starting out the door. I looked at my dad painfully.

He followed Kellin though, all the way onto the street.

"And get out of my house too." He yelled, slightly less venom in his words.

"Dad no you can't-"

"Shut up." He snarled, shoving past me back into the office. I looked around for Kellin but he wasn't anywhere. He was gone.

"Shit." I muttered, setting out on foot to try and find Kellin, but everywhere I looked wasn't where he was.

I just had to find him! He couldn't have just disappeared, so where the fuck is he?

And then I got it.

He would be where he thought I wouldn't look, home.

Hastily, I ran back to the office, hopped in my car, and drove home.

When I arrived, I walked through the door and straight up into Kellin's room.

There he lay, crying on his bed. My heart shattered. How could he look so broken?

"Kellin." I said softly, walking over and kneeling in front of him. He wouldn't look at me. "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have flipped out. This isn't what I intended." I said with all honesty. He shook his head, wiping at the tears.

"I don't have anywhere to go." He said sfotly, now looking up at me.

"I won't let him kick you out. I promise, you're safe here." He nodded solemnly as I wrapped my arms around him.

My lips brushed over his softly before I initiated a kiss, tugging at his bottom lip. I pulled away before sitting down on the bed and pulling him close.

"I love you." I whispered in his ear before kissing it softly.

"I love you too." Was all he said before our lips touched again and I just held him there like that. That's all he really needed.

Kellin pulled out of the kiss and started to remove my tie.

"This already? It's only been a week since the last time." I stated, but didn't stop him.

"A week too long." I smiled at him. He was so cute, with those innocent eyes and his perfect smile.

I began to kiss his collar bone as he fumbled with the buttons on my shirt. God I loved him.

Went he unbuttoned it, I pulled away and removed it, shoving him back lightly.

He fell back onto the bed with a bounce, myself going down with him. Our lips grazed each others, but I pulled away and went to his collar bone again. Kellin's breathing hitched. My fingers unbuttoned his shirt and pulled it off.

It wasn't until Kellin's fingers traced my waist lines that I pinned his wrists to the bed.

"This isn't the right time Kellin." I stated.

"C'mon Vic, please." He begged. And I almost caved in. Almost.

A dark part of me wanted to keep him here and fuck him, but I couldn't do that just yet. We had one fling last week, and I'm holding off mainly because I'm nervous. Sure, we've done all the other shit, but when it comes to actual sex, I kind of freak out.

I feel self conscience mainly. That's all it came down to.

"How long are you going to put me off." he whined, tugging at his wrists. I pinned him there.

"When the time's right, Kellin" He sighed, closing his eyes.

"Fine." He stated. "Let go of my wrists." Kellin continued, an agitated tone in his voice. I shook my head.

"No, what's the magic word?" I joked. He rolled his eyes.

"Now." He replied sternly.

"It was please, but that works too." I let go and flipped over, laying by him. "Are you mad?" I questioned.

"Not really, I'm worried." He turned his head to look at me.

"Don't be." His fingers latched with mine. "He was just fired up, he wouldn't do that to you. We'll find the papers tomorrow, okay?" Kellin seemed wary about what I said, but finally nodded.

We turned over, facing each other. I just kind of laid there, staring into those pretty eyes he had. He finally closed them and sighed. And we laid there in silence for what seemed like hours. Maybe it was, I'm not sure, all I know is I made a stupid mistake.

I left the door wide open.

And when I leaned in to kiss Kellin, I heard footsteps, right outside the door.

Immediately, I jerked away and got off the bed, standing up straight. But it was too late. Kellin was fully aware and looked at me concerned. I so wanted to say everything was going to be okay, but I knew it wasn't.

"Vic can I talk to you for a second?" Mike asked warily with wide eyes. I coughed.

"Uh, y-yeah." I waved at Kellin and walked out, following my brother into his room.

"What the fuck dude?!" He whispered yelled, slamming the door shut. "Did you just kiss Kellin?"

"U-uh well-"

"Did you." He repeated. I sighed.

"Yes." His eyes flared up.

"What happened to the whole 'Don't get attached to your assistant' deal?"

"I went by that, but he's just so-"

"Stop, gross. What's the deal with you two? Are you like...boyfriends or something."

"...Yes, please don't beg dad. I'll do whatever you want. Today's already been hell, and he doesn't need more news." I pleaded with my eyes, praying he'd agree.

"Ugh." He groaned. "Fine, I won't tell dad. But on one condition." I knew it.

"Okay, what is it?"

"Alysha invited me to a party tomorrow night. You need to convince him to let me go. I asked, but since I'm still in his house the whole 'I'm eighteen' thing didn't work. I bet he'd let you go though. Just, convince him and come with me." I sighed. If this is what it took to not lose Kellin, then I guess so be it.

"Fine. Just don't tell dad."

"...Okay." I nodded and left the room, hurrying back into Kellin's and closing the door.

"Does he know? Is he going to tell you dad? Oh my god I'm so going to get kicked out now. What did he say?" He rambled, standing up. Fright was written in his eyes.

"Relax. We made a deal. Dad's not going to find out. I just have to take him to a party tomorrow night or something." He nodded, but I could tell he was shaken up. "It's okay Kellin, relax." I leaned into kiss him, but he shoved me away.

"Sorry I-I don't know why..." he said slowly, looking at me. I nodded, but didn't move towards him again.

"I'm going to go back into my room, okay?" He nodded again.

I left his room, shutting the door quietly. I felt bad for him, he was so shaken up. But there was no real way for me to comfort him, so that best thing I could do is leave him be.

Hopefully this doesn't blow up in my face.