Assistants and Dearest

XXIII

"Babe, wake up." I heard Vic mumble against my shoulder. A frustrated groan escaped my lips.

"Noo, let's sleep." My hand latched onto his, wrapping it around me securely. But less than a second later, he removed it and stood up. My eyes opened slightly as I took in our surroundings.

Where were we? I sat up. And why did I have such a horrible headache?

"Hangover." Vic muttered, so I nodded at I reminisced on last night.

If only I hadn't gotten sick, Vic would've been mine.

"Where are we?" I questioned, stretching.

"The party still, we better get back home." I nodded in agreement, following Vic out the door and down the hall. I wonder if anyone knew we'd stayed here over night. Eh, who cares?

Vic's car was still down the block, so we hopped in and drove home quickly. When we arrived, I took an Ibuprofen for my head and laid down on the couch. Today wasn't a work day, so it was going to be my lazy day I guess.

My phone buzzed.

"I wish I could lay with you." I read. My eyes drifted towards Vic. His black irises peered into mine. I knew what he meant. Here we could've been, snuggling on the couch, but his dad was in the recliner to the left of me. I let out a sigh before texting back.

"I wish you could too." I watched as Vic's phone lit up, and then a smile escaped his lips. I loved that smile. His smile made me happy.

The movie we watched was okay, I really wasn't paying much attention. I was restless and tired, and actually fell asleep for a good half hour of it. Whatever I saw was kind of interesting though. And when it was over, I got up and hurried upstairs, climbing into my bed. I just wanted to sleep for the rest of the day. Sure, it was only three by now, but my viewpoint still stood.

There was a knock on the door before someone walked.

"Hey babe I-" I sat up to meet piercing brown eyes, but not Vic's. It was Mike. My heartbeat sped up, as I was afraid it was Vic's father.

"Not your babe." He joked, sitting down next to me. I kept quiet. "I just wondered where you two went last night. The car was locked, so I got a ride from Alysha, but I never saw you until this morning?" I nodded nervously.

"W-we ended up staying there."

"Oh my god did you-"

"No." I said firmly, now meeting his eyes with all seriousness. "We did not do anything. The most action I got was puking." Mike squinted his eyes in disgust.

"Ew...Okay well, I'll leave you be." I nodded once again.

The door shut for a few minutes before reopening, making Vic presentable.

"What'd he say?" Vic asked, a concerned expression written on his face.

"Oh, nothing important. Just where we went last night."

"Yeah....cool." he scratched his neck.

"What's wrong?" I asked in fear that I had screwed something up.

"Nothing. I just-um, did we do anything last night?" I smiled, biting down on my lip to contain my laughter. I loved how nervous he got when talking about sex.

"We didn't fuck. Damn, you're just like your brother." I teased. He shook his head before sitting down next to me.

"Not really, but good."

"Why is that good?" I complained, tugging at his arm. He leaned over a pressed his lips against mine. The familiar butterflies erupted in my stomach, making me shiver at his touch. I love him so much.

"Wouldn't you rather do that?" I smirked.

"Sometimes." I admitted, going to kiss him again, but he stopped me, causing me to frown. He smiled mischievously at me and stood up.

"I gotta go to the store, dad wants me to go."

"Can I come?"

"No." Was all he said before walking out of the room.

What the hell?

☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

A few hours passed as I watched TV and read all day. Oli and I plan to hang out in a little, but I'm waiting for Vic to get home. It's been awhile, I wonder where he is.

I need to stop worrying. He's at the store, and that's all it is.

My phone buzzed, so I picked it up in hopes it was Vic, but it wasn't. It was Oli.

"Hey mate, will you be here soon? I don't have much time." I let out a sigh before telling him I'm on my way.

I slipped on my shoes and walked out the house, not surprised I didn't see Vic's car once I walked down the sidewalk. My hands held my phone, so I pulled up Vic and sent him a message.

"Going to hang out with a friend. I'll see you later tonight."

☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

Vic

"Going to hang out with a friend. I'll see you later tonight." I read after my phone buzzed. But before I attempted to reply, I started the engine and drove off to my next destination.

There's one thing that has been bugging me for about a year now, and I guess I didn't have the courage to face it.

Tyler.

I found the familiar looking house and swallowed the lump in my throat before getting out and walking up to the door. I knocked and waited.

There was thuds inside before the door opened, my eyes meeting Tyler Joseph's.

"V-Vic? What do you want?" He asked quickly, looking back into the house. There was a man behind him.

"I need to speak with you." I said firmly.

"Okay, talk."

"No, not here." He shook his head.

"I'm not leaving, Josh is here."

"Josh? Who's he?" I asked rather rudely.

"Band member, we're practicing." He went to shut the door.

"Please Tyler, we need to talk about it sometime." He sighed before grabbing his coat, signalling Josh he could stay.

He got into my car, so I drove off to the high school bleachers. Seems safe enough.

When we parked, we walked agonizingly slow to the bleachers. When we got there, I sat down next to him, looking at him occasionally.

"Why did you-"

"Shut up." He snapped at me. "I don't know. I've changed now, I just...."

"Why did you hurt me like you did?" I whispered, catching my words in my throat. It still stung.

"I wasn't thinking straight Vic. I'll never forgive myself for what I did to you." He said, placing his hand on top of mine. I removed it.

"Well, you never apologized. I didn't want you to." I sighed. "To practically ra.pe me, Tyler."

"I'm sorry." Was all he said, but I didn't feel as if it were sincere.

"Sure." I muttered.

Memories flooded back.

For quite a long time, Tyler and I were together, and things got a little rough. He started drinking again, even when I told him to stop. He hurt me, physically and emotionally. Part of me said to leave him then and there, but the better part of me said to stay and help him. Stand up for myself. But I didn't.

I shrunk down against him, letting him be too dominant. And then, he went to far.

He practically ra.ped me. I wanted nothing more the night to die in my sleep. He took away my virginity, but not only that. My will. And that's why sex scares me.

Will it feel the same as it did with him? Will I ever be okay again?

After that, I dumped Tyler and left. We didn't keep in touch until now, I guess. I just needed to know why he felt the need to do what he did, but here we are, a year later and he's still the same.

"What's going to take for you to forgive me, huh? I loved you Vic, I still do. I love you so, so much. I shouldn't have hurt, you don't hurt the one's you love. I was out of my mind, the alcohol effected me. Are you happy?" he yelled, catching the wind in his breath after. He coughed.

"That doesn't tell me why you never fixed it after. You continued to do it, Tyler. Even when you weren't fucking drunk!" I screamed, loosing my cool.

"I've changed!" He yelled back. His eyes softened momentarily before his hand landed on mine again. I went to move it, but he gripped it harder.

Before I could comprehend what was about to happen next, he leaned in and pressed his lips against mine. But it didn't feel like it used to. There was no longer compassion in his touch. It was filled with disgust. When he pulled away, he stood up.

"So?"

My eyes scanned the bleachers, and what I saw surprised. In the dim lit light, I saw those big, sparkling eyes that I've learned to love.

They belonged to Kellin, and at first, I felt pretty good. But then I realized they were glistening in an unusual manner.

He was crying. But why?

Oh no, he didn't. He saw Tyler and I kiss.

My heart raced and I turned back to Tyler.

"Disgusting. You never give me a good enough reasoning Tyler." I spat. "I don't love you anymore."

Hurriedly, I walked away, not offering him a ride home. He just fucked shit up! My eyes scanned the bleachers for Kellin, but I couldn't find him anywhere.

Where could've he gone?

Kellin

Tears sprung from my eyes when I saw Vic's lips press against someone else's. They weren't mine. This wasn't right.

"U-uh, Kellin." Oli said, now catching the scene. I shook my head, wiping my eyes.

"I need to go." I said solemnly, hopping around objects before running off the field.

It was cold tonight, so I bundled up in my oversized hoodie. I felt a little better, but this still wasn't right. How could he? Never would I have suspected Vic to cheat on me, but he did. He isn't who I thought he was I guess.

The the thought that Vic's love was a lie the whole time made my heart ache more than it already did. Deep down, part of me knew he didn't really care. Or maybe he did, but either way, he was seeing another guy that wasn't me. How will I confront him? Can I even forgive him?

When I arrived home, I ran to my room, locking the door behind me. I covered myself with the sheets before letting my tears soak my pillow as I drifted off.

And honestly, I was hoping I wouldn't come back for awhile.

☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

Tyler Joseph is the singer for twenty-one pilots just FYI