Assistants and Dearest

XXIV

Another week blew by quickly, and I still haven't really decided what I want to do.

Matty was using me as usual, and I was also working my ass off just so I could hopefully get enough money and get out of here. Putting up a fight with him is useless, he always wins.

I've also been considering what Alex told me. He has point there. Maybe if I can find Vic, we can work things out. I've realized now that running from my problems doesn't fix anything, but actually makes things worse.

Maybe if I address the issue for once, something good will come from it.

So with that, I pulled out my phone to reveal several missed calls and texts from Vic. When I opened the messages, there were strands of them, all of which I've ignored until now.

I'm fine Vic. Can you meet me at the vinyl store downtown?

I sent the text, and not too long after he asked for the address. And when I sent it, he promised to be here soon.

And soon he was. Sydney was on her lunch break, and technically I was as well. But when he walked in, he didn't look happy.

Could you blame him?

"In here." I called out, and then he walked through the thin curtain and sat across from me. He never said anything. We just kind of sat and looked at each other for awhile until I spoke again. "Hi." I mumbled, and all he had to do was smile, that was enough to make my heart melt.

I missed him.

"Hey." He replied just as quietly. "Wanna talk?" I nodded. "Then I'll talk. You know why this happened, and I know you can't trust me again. I've been thinking over the past couple of weeks about you. And if I hurt you that bad, then I don't deserve to have you back." He said, and I found myself shaking my head. He quirked his eyebrows in confusion.

"I believe you Vic." He seemed relieved. "It's just I've trusted people like Matty all the time, and it always hurts me more in the end. But I talked to Alex and-"

"You talked to Alex?" He repeated.

"Yes, but don't worry, he isn't telling anyone." He nodded. "But as I was saying, he told me maybe I needed to give you a second chance..."

"And are you going to?" He bit his lip, and I saw hope in his eyes.

Those brown eyes peered into mine, and his lips seemed to quiver. I just wanted to kiss them again.

I wanted him again.

So without really think anything through, I leaned in and kissed him, my hands caressing his face. Our lips parted, and I couldn't help but to blush.

"Is that a yes?" I laughed and smiled before nodding. "Well thank God." He joked, engulfing me in a hug. He smelled like he always did. "I'm lost without you."

"I know, I am too." He kissed me again, and I gladly kissed back.

But then I heard someone clear their throat. I parted ways with Vic and looked at Sydney, her arms crossed over her chest.

"O-oh sorry Sydney."

"Who's he?" She asked, glancing at Vic, then back to me.

"Uh my boyfriend, I guess we just made up actually."

"Oh." Was all she said for a few seconds. "Okay, but he needs to go. And you get back to work." She winked before walking back out front.

"That's your boss? You work here?" I nodded.

"Yeah, but you need to go."

"Are you going to move back in?" He asked, and I bit down on my lip.

"No...but here's why. I think it's best for us to be together, but not together too much, you know? We both need space sometimes. That's why I got a job, so I could afford my own place. I'm saving up, don't worry."

"Where are you staying know?"

"Uh..." Should I tell him? It'd be bad to lie after we made up. "Matty's." His eyes widened.

"Why?" He said, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"I don't know, he was all I had. i don't want him Vic, I want you. But I'm stuck there for awhile."

"Do not do anything with him, understand? If he lays a hand on you, you come to me okay?" He ordered firmly.

"Got it."

"Good, I'll talk to you later tonight. I love you." Vic seemed to cool off immediately.

"I love you too." It felt good to admit that again. He leaned in and pecked my lips before vanishing out of the store and down the street.

The rest of work seemed quite boring, as did everything else. All I wanted to do was be with Vic now. I've wasted two weeks without him, and I just want everything to get back on track. But unfortunately, that can't happen just yet.

I've got to get my money, a house.

When I returned back to Matty's he was laying on the couch watching TV. That surprised me. I thought he'd be out with another guy.

"Hey babe." He said, propping himself up. "Enjoy last night?" I nodded, though it was a lie. I went through the living room and into the kitchen, grabbing a bowl and the cereal. He walked in, wrapping his hands around my waist.

And out of instinct, I dropped the bowl on the ground, causing it to shatter, and pulled away from Matty. He looked at me in a confused manner.

"What's wrong?" He asked, still calm.

"Sorry I just-" I looked down to the ground. "Not in the mood." And for once, he nodded and grabbed the broom, cleaning up the mess I made.

He didn't try to get me to do anything with him like he usually would. What's up with him? Usually he'd grab my hands, try to get me to look at him, and say sweet bullshit until I couldn't do anything but accept him.

That's how it always went down, until now I guess

"So..nothing's wrong with me, but what's wrong with you?" I finally asked, catching his eye.

"Oh, I-uh...nothing. I'm gonna go out for a drink, bye."

"Bye." Was all I said before he sauntered past me and out the door, not saying another word to me

Strange.