Assistants and Dearest

XXVII

Sorry in advance for sucky chapter.

☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

The most amazing feeling would've been to wake up next to Vic. But I didn't. I woke up in an empty bed that wasn't consumed by Matty. But he was gone for work I assume.

How he manages a job I'll never understand.

I thought back to when he said we just didn't fit. How much bullshit is that? This whole time we've known each other, we were polar opposites. And the theory that opposites attract isn't actually factual. I couldn't stand him, yet I loved him.

So why is he just now admitting we weren't a match made in Heaven?

He's hiding something, I just know it. He's up to something, or something happened. He wouldn't just ditch me because we weren't a match.

And quite honestly, I don't think he'd just stop fucking people because they weren't a match. If you're good in bed, you're trapped basically.

But enough about Matty. He's the least of my worries now. My worries are work and keeping things balanced with Vic.

I love Vic, don't get me wrong, but we spend too much time together. Things need to keep balanced. If we're together too much, our differences are exposed and then we argue and fight.

I don't want that anymore. I've had enough bickering with him. It's no fun.

But then again, if we're apart for a long time, I miss him a lot. I know he misses me too. We are separable, but not for long amounts of time.

I sound clingy now. Whatever.

I rolled out the bed practically, digging through my still unpacked suitcase for a t-shirt and jeans. When I found them, I hurried to the bathroom. I changed into my clean clothes before throwing my dirty ones into the hamper. I never sleep in pajamas, just what I wore that day. And in the morning I change.

Saves a hassle I guess.

It wasn't until I went to brush my teeth I saw spotted something out of the ordinary. A pen and notepad sat on Matty's side of the counter. Out of pure curiosity, my eyes drifted to the sloppy writing on the paper.

App. Wednesday, 10 a.m

Appointment? What's his appointment for?

I bit down on my lip before pushing the notepad back to it's original spot before brushing my teeth, combing my hair and heading out to work.

Curiosity was still getting the best of me though.

☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

"Sydney where does this...thing go?" I asked, holding up an object that appeared to be broken it. It was in a slip, but I wasn't sure what it was. It wasn't a vinyl like the others was it?

"That is a mini vinyl. It's cracked though, so throw it in that box." She pointed to a group of small boxes in the corner of the room. I obliged, my eyes scanning all the broken vinyls. Perfectly good music gone too waste.

I wish more people bought record players and vinyl's. Everyone has gone to IPod's, and now actually systems created for music are down the drain. I'd say a more classic pick would be a record player, but they are expensive.

It's just one of those thoughts though.

Throughout the day, a few people came in actually bought something. Even more came and looked, but left without buying anything. I even got to help a guy work a record player he had brought in.

It'd be an underestimate to say I loved this job. I love music already, this was a bonus. Sydney through on her charm and got a few more buys for the day. She also introduced me to the other employees; Danny and Matt. Apparently there was another girl, but I've never met her. Yet that is, I can't think that we'd work in the same shop yet never meet. According to Sydney she works on the days we don't, so it's tricky getting a hold of her.

The day finally settled, so I turned in my time card and skipped off to my "Home."

It doesn't feel like home to be honest. My mind scrambled on what to say when I face Matty.

"What's your appointment for?" I said enthusiastically as I continued down the sidewalk. Too pushy.

"Hey I saw a notepad on the bathroom counter. It says you have an appointment?" That's okay I guess.

I continued practicing my choice of words continually until I was walking up the porch steps. The house was locked, indicating Matty wasn't home yet. I pulled out my key and unlocked the door before stepping inside.

I was immediately met by the warmness from the furnace, but also that unsettling feeling in the bottom of my stomach. This house wasn't warm and cozy like I wish it was. This house held so many memories, bad ones at that.

When I entered the living room, I held my breath afraid Matty was going to be there like he was a few nights ago. But he wasn't. My breathing settled as I sat on the couch and watched TV.

My mind drifted off in so many directions. What was his appointment for? Why did I even care? I wonder what Vic's doing. Maybe he's thinking about me too. I wish he was here.

The door opened, so I glanced at the clock. I had been lost in my thoughts for about an hour and a half. Matty glanced at me and smiled, slipping off his coat.

I blurted out my question unprofessionally.

"What's your appointment for?" I asked him eagerly, sitting up.

"O-oh, that's nothing...Why do you care?"

"You're ignoring me and now you have an appointment. Somethings up." He let out a sigh.

"Doctor's appointment, okay? I'm sick." Bullshit.

"Sure." I stood up, ready to go to bed even though it was still early.

"Don't fucking do that." He warned, lifting his volume sufficiently.

"Do what?" I replied, raising my voice as well.

"Oh sure Matty. You sure seem sick to me, yet you work and go on like normal! I don't feel good, I'm not okay, leave me alone." He yelled at me, his face turning an odd red color.

"I don't believe you." I stated my opinion then and there firmly, standing my ground. "If you were sick, you wouldn't be acting normal. It pisses me off you'll bullshit me with your lies to cover up something. Whatever you're up I will figure out and-" I cut off by a slap.

He hit me.

Matty never hit me.

An abrupt point of pain made it's way to my now glowing red cheek. A tear trickled from my eye down my cheek. I watched as his glare changed into sorrow before he moved pass me into the bedroom. I turned and watched him shut the door gently. The tears began to fall again.

Why did I care so much? He never loved me like I used to love him. I love Vic now anyways, so what's the point?

I think it comes down to the betrayel. I haven't gotten what I want from Matty. He never even gave me a sincere apology. He didn't even apologize for slapping me.

I slunk down on the couch and buried my head into the pillow. I pulled one of the blanket up and laid down on the uncomfortable love seat.

This didn't feel like a love seat anymore.

I closed my eyes and tried to block out any remnants of what just happened. But one thing did stick in my mind.

I just had to find out what Matty was hiding.