Assistants and Dearest

III

Walking into the office the next mornings were kind of awkward. Kellin was already there, doing the mail as I asked him to. To be honest, he wasn't such a bad employee anymore, but we haven't talked very much. I just still cannot believe he's gay.

You see, Kellin's appearance and attitude does not fit my definition of gay. Then again, I only know one type, which is me. All I've wanted to do was tell him that it's okay and that I'm gay too. He could be my friend for christ's sake's. Anymore, I'm lonely and this was a great opportunity to befriend someone. So when lunch time rolled up a week later, I took Alex's advice.

"Hey Kellin," I hollered as he headed out the door.

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to go get lunch?" He smiled. I never realized how cute he is sometimes.

Wait, no, that's unprofessional.

"Sure, where should we go?"

"There's a cafe downtown, I'll take you," I said, walking down the stairs, Kellin not too far behind.

Kellin got into my car as did I and off we went to the cafe. Five minutes later, I parked and opened my door. I wonder if he's been here before.

"I've never been here," He said as if on cue. I chuckled. "What's so funny?" He asked, a confused expression on his face.

"Nothing, I just was thinking about if you've been here before." He laughed then.

"Hmm, someone's thinking about me a lot today," He replied with a hint of flirtation on the edge. I could feel my face heating up, because, well, it's embarrassing.

"L-let's just...go in and eat." I said, stuttering because I was extremely nervous now.

Entering the restaurant, I was greeted by the usual waitresses as we took a seat.

"Is the food good here?" He asked after we ordered our drinks.

"Yeah, really good," I added, which is true.

A few minutes later, the waitress came back and took our order. Sure enough, in probably ten minutes, our food arrived. They're really fast here as well.

"So...how are you liking work?" I asked him, breaking the silence.

"Pretty good, kind of bored of mail though."

"I'll find something new for you to do very soon." He just nodded and continued to eat.

"Possibly you?" I blushed.

"So...I hear you're...." He cut me off

"Gay?" He asked, taking the words from my mouth. "Yup I like men, especially business men."

"O-oh, it's okay...I am too," I admitted.

"Hmm, gay buddies," He said with a laugh. I blushed. "Don't sweat it, it's cool that you said it. I'm pretty open about it." Wouldn't it be lovely to be him? Open about your sexuality.

"Nice, just don't tell anyone...not many people know," I admitted. He smiled.

"Glad I'm apart of it," He replied, causing me to blush once again. How in the hell could someone make me blush this much in a days worth of time?

"Well, uh, we should get back to work..."

"Yup," He replied, popping the P.

The drive back to work was disconcerting and awkwardly silent. Most of the time, I just listened to the somewhat familiar beat of Kellin's fingers tapping the console. It was mind perplexing, trying to figure out what the beat was. By the end of it, I could practically whistle the whole song, but yet I couldn't remember what the name of it was.

"Blink 182?" I said after another moment, suddenly realizing what the songs title was.

"Yeah, you listen to them?" He said, glancing over at me. I just nodded, turning the curb. "Wow, I never would have thought you listen to them," He added.

"What? Why?" I asked, now curious.

"Well, you work in an office all the time where you look somewhat fancy and you seem so...uptight."

"You have no room to talk, you're the same," I said, glancing at him just to smirk. He rolled his eyes.

"Oh please, I may work there, but I'm not uptight. I'd love it if you weren't either." What did that mean?

"Why is that?"

"So I can properly flirt with you," He replied seductively.

"U-uh...w-we're here," I said hastily, pulling into the parking lot. I hopped out, grabbing my bag and walked ahead of him, desperate to get back inside. Did he mean what he just said?

"Vic, wait up!" Kellin called, so with a sigh, I turned around and waited for him. When he caught up, I spun back around and continued through the doors, up the stairs, and into our office. "I'm sorry I said that..." He muttered, opening some drawers and tossing the stamps in.

"It's okay, but can I ask you a question?"

"You just did." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah okay...but why would you want to flirt with someone like me? I'm boring and uptight and-"

"And cute and funny and smart and nice," He said, turning me around to face him. "Charming," He added with a chuckle, turning my cheeks to the color of a fire extinguisher.

"You should work," I replied, turning away from him.

"Cute, I made you blush." I huffed.

That was enough for Kellin to leave me alone. I continued to go through my paperwork and mail, but it was kind of distracting, Kellin being so close. I hadn't really thought much about it until now. We were literally inches apart, his leg kind of touching mine barely - fuck. Washing the image out my head, I continued to sort and at least try to focus. Kellin seemed to working on the last of the mail, because at one glance, the pile was almost empty. Only three more hours I reminded myself, glancing at the clock.

"Eager to leave?" Kellin said, nudging me. He must've saw me look up.

"N-no, just checking..."

"Good, because I wanna stay late tonight..."

"O-oh?"

"Yeah, I want you to teach me some new things," He said seductively, his hand slowly running down my thigh. I shouldn't admit this, but fuck, this was a turn on.

"O-oh, uh...okay..." What the hell was I supposed to say? No thanks, I'm just extremely turned on by your charming looks and seductive ways? Kellin removed his hand and went back to work, which left me a little at lost for air. I held my breath the whole time. Continuing work was pretty tricky, even more so now that my head was mixed with thoughts of what just might happen after four.