Assistants and Dearest

XXX

Vic

"Mike? Can I talk to you?" I asked my brother after I knocked on the door and entered his room.

"Sure, what about?" He retorted shortly after.

"I'm in a sticky situation." I began, taking a seat on his bed. I folded my legs under me. "Dad's retiring in less than a month and he wants me to run the business.

"That's great Vic!" Mike exclaimed. "What's wrong with that?"

"I feel as if he thinks I'm more qualified for this job than I really am. Plus he still doesn't know." I added.

"About you and Kellin? What does that have to do with work?"

"You know dad, everything ties into work. I don't know what to do. He despises Kellin, and Kellin wants me to tell him about us. And here we are like four days later." I rubbed my temples, sensing the oncoming headache.

"True, true." Mike dragged out, biting down on his lip. "Maybe he'll understand Vic...I can't really help." I nodded in agreement.

"It's just so irritating!" I expressed, falling back onto the bed. "Why does he make things impossible?" Mike shrugged.

With a sigh, I contemplated over my options. Both had negative affects. But in the end, I made a decision. Sure, it was a tough one, but it had to be decided on right now. I like to procrastinate, and right now procrastination was killing me.

"I'm gonna tell him." I concluded aloud, turning my head towards Mike.

"Really? When?" I pulled out my phone and pulled up Kellins number.

"Right now." Was all I said before walking out of the room and down the hall. I hurried down the stairs and out the front door before pressing call.

The dial tone rung about seven times, so I lost hope in him answering. But last moment, I heard the beeping stop midway.

"Hello?" I heard him say on the other end. I grinned.

"Hey, sorry to call you so late."

"Nah it's only ten, whatcha need?"

"You need to come over. Like, right now." There was a gap of silence.

"Why?" He finally asked.

"It's a secret, just hurry up."

"I'll be there in ten." He replied quickly, and then I heard the dial tone.

I slid my phone into my back pocket before entering the house again.

"Where'd you go?" My dad asked from the couch as he flicked through the TV channels.

"I had to make a call." He turned his head toward me and looked at me suspiciously, so I grinned nervously. Finally though, he nodded and turned back to the TV. Thank God.

Mike came downstairs for food a little bit after and questioned me in the dining room about the whole timing phase right now. But I assured him, it was now or never.

The doorbell rang.

Mike turned to me and nodded before rushing up the stairs. I hurried off to the door, beating my father to it. There stood Kellin. He smiled, but the smile vanished as he saw my father.

"What is he doing here?" My father asked harshly.

"I invited him over." My arm linked in Kellin's. He looked at me questionably.

"Vic what are you-"

"Shh." I whispered before pulling him inside. My dad watched with a monotone expression glued on his face.

Kellin and I sat on the couch, but my father stood tall and still by the door.

"Come sit dad." I requested, and I was honestly surprised his obeyed. I watched him sit down in a chair diagnal from us. "I have news."

"What is it?" He finally spoke up, still glaring at Kellin who watched his feet.

"Kellin and I are friends, and I think it's unfair of you to continue to despise him merely on the fact he misplaced some papers." I started off. Kellin looked at me shamefully at the use of the word friend, but I just shrugged it off.

"Okay dad...He isn't my friend." I admitted shortly after a long pause. "I've never told you this because I know your beliefs about everything and stuff, but...I'm gay." His eyes dilated.

"You're what?"

"You heard me, and this guy." I pointed to Kellin. "He's my boyfriend." I retorted, lacing my fingers with Kellin's. I watched as he smiled and rested his head on my shoulder. Everything felt so much more relaxed for the short period of time.

But relaxation was cut out shortly as I saw my dad's expression. I was hoping he'd take it at ease, but from the looks on his face, he was horrified.

"Vic, can I speak with you in the kitchen please?" I nodded before standing up and leaving Kellin there. He watched me as we exited the room.

"I know it's a lot to take in and-"

"You're a disgrace." He sneered at me. "Since when are you gay?"

"I've been gay since I was fifteen..."

"And you never told me?"

"I was scared of you." I admitted. "I know how strict you are and I knew how mad you'd be. So I hid it. I never had like boyfriends a lot though. Kellin's the first real relationship I've had."

"When did you start dating?"

"A month and a half after the employment." His eyes got bigger and biger every second.

"You know the rules about employee's dating."

"I'm sorry! It's just that...He's so cute and annoying." I smiled, getting lost in the memories of work with him again.

"You're not allowed to be with him." My dad said obviously without thinking his sentence through.

"I'm legally an adult dad. You can't ban me from someone I love." I replied calmly.

"You love him?"

"Why wouldn't I?" I snapped. He went silent.

"Fine, maybe I can't keep you away from him, but you two are not allowed in this house together, understand?" I sighed, but finally nodded. "And one more thing Vic." He called out to me after I began to walk away from him and back to Kellin to tell him the news.

"What is it?" I asked irritably as he smiled. It wasn't a warm smile though.

"It's Kellin or the business."