Assistants and Dearest

XXXI

"Dad you can't-"

"Think about it Vic." My father concluded before walking out of the room.

He just made this unbearable. I stood still for a few minutes before walking back into the living room. Kellin still sat there.

"What happened?" He asked me eagerly, standing up.

"Everything's okay." Lie. "He can't keep us apart, but he can ban us from being together in his house, so you should go." Kellin nodded, sorrow still in his eyes. We walked outside together.

"Bye, I'll text you." He said, pecking my lips softly.

"Alright, bye." And then I watched him go.

Honestly, that may have been the last time I'd see him go with no broken heart. Now I have a choice to make.

There were goods and bad's about choosing either. Honestly, it was ridiculous to have to even choose. They're not just things you can choose.

The goods of choosing Kellin was I'd prove how much I love him. Enough to give up the business. But the bad was, how actually strong is my love? And I lose my job. The good about keeping the business and i get increased pay and can finally move out possibly. The bad is I lose Kellin.

They came back on themselves. Shit this is hard.

I tried over and over again until I could find a loop hole, but nothing ever turned up.

So with a sigh, I gave up for the night and headed off to bed. The choice consumed my thoughts for the most part of the night though. I can't believe he's making me choose. They're both things I love so much, and it's not fair. I wasn't asking him to accept my sexuality, I wasn't asking him to even forgive Kellin fully. I was stating that I'm in love with him and he can't take that from me. But now it seems he can.

Then everything went black as I finally fell asleep

☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

Kellin

The walk home seemed to take ages. I was cold and tired, walking was the last thing I wanted to be doing. Vic told me everything was going to be alright, but I'm not sure if I believe that. He tells a lot with his eyes, and what I saw wasn't the calm Vic I know. He looked worried, perhaps scared.

And I can't help but to wonder what exactly happened in the kitchen. I couldn't hear anything, and I had to restrain myself from spying.

When I got home, Matty was there again.

"Did you take your medicine?" I asked him immediately.

"Why do you even care?" He asked, but proceeded to swallow the bright red liquid, cringing at the after taste.

"I know you weren't loyal to me, but you did give a roof to live under. I don't despise you, I just don't trust you, which is why I'm going to hound you until you take the medicine every day."

"But it's gross." He complained, dropping the plastic cup in the trashcan.

"Do you want it to get worse? Because that'll turn into HIV if you don't cure it."

"True." Was all he said before we walked back into the living room. I stopped him before he entered the bedroom.

"Hey Matty?"

"Yeah?" He replied, one hand on the knob.

"Why did you hit me?" I finally asked. The sorry expression came back as he moved closer and sat down against the wall.

"I'm so sorry, that was way out of hand. I was angry at myself, not you. I won't do it again, I never even meant to in the first place." Finally, an apology. "And now I feel worse because through thick and thin you still care."

"Don't feel bad, we all have those moments." I replied quietly, tapping my foot on the floor.

Matty stood and nodded before disappearing into the bedroom again. I looked at the clock.

It was almost eleven thirty. With a sigh, I took some of the dishes sprawled out on the table and desk and put them in the dishwasher, currently containing dirty dishes. It'd be bad if it were the other way. Three trips worth of dishes.

"Matty your such a slob." I muttered jokingly to myself before I moved the table away from the couch and unhooked the hinges of the couch. I proceeded to pull out full sized bed. I then went into the bedroom and somehow managed to get all my blankets without disturbing Matty.

When I returned to the living room, I made the bed neatly before putting on my top sheets and slipping into the bed.

Sleeping with Matty didn't feel right at all, considering Vic and I made up. Either way though, nothing close and personal with him ever seemed right, considering I was just used for sex. Our relationships were never cute like Vic and I's are sometimes.

And then my mind flooded with memories of Vic and I, basically everything. I thought about the first day I walked into the office and walked up those stairs. I was nervous because I'd never had a job like that one before. I remember the door opening, I also remember the look on his face. He was cute was the first thing I noticed. Then I noticed how uptight he was. That pulled out the flirtatious part of that's hard to control sometimes in all honesty.

Part of me was then determined to loosen him up. It's not fun when your boss is all stern and grumpy. Then again, I was pushing my luck with him at that. But here we are, in good place it seems. Maybe it isn't so good, that's what has me worried.

Like I said before, Vic didn't seem to happy when I saw him earlier. In fact, he looked like the exact opposite. I just wish I knew what was on his mind right now. It's make me a hell of a lot better if he were to assure me everything was and will be fine.

Maybe he's just worried because of his dad, or sad because he dad doesn't accept us. That hurt a lot too, no acceptance. Our relationship felt so much more real now that it was announced officially. But I was hoping his dad would understand and accept me again. I guess not.

Millions of thoughts flooded my brain for half of the night before I finally decided to tune them out and at least try and sleep.

It was easier said than done.