Assistants and Dearest

IV

Time ticked away as I became more anxious. I was Kellin's boss, he didn't control me, so why was I so worked up about this? Duh, because Kellin was attractive and quite persuasive, so I couldn't keep to my work.

"Is it four yet?" I heard him ask from the couch.

"Hey! Get off the couch, you're not supposed to be over there." I snapped.

"Hmm, alright, but only for you." He replied, taking a seat right next to me. I could hear his shallow breath as I continued to write.

"C-could you please move away a little." I said sheepishly.

"Why? Am I distracting you?" His finger traced my arm, and that's when I got out of control.

"Do not fucking touch me again or I won't hesitate to fire your sorry ass and whatever you think we're learning after four is not on the agenda." I spat. He wasn't even fazed.

"I've made you angry." And then he smiled.

"You think this is funny?" He nodded.

"Yeah, I do. Listen Vic, we've been working together for what, a month now? I've observed you, and it's obvious you like what I do to you...."

"You're funny," I replied dismissevly, glancing at the clock to reveal it was four. "It's four." I grabbed my coat and headed to the door, but he beat me to it.

"But you haven't taught me anything yet..."

"And I'm not going to." I interjected, trying to pass him, but instead, I ended up pressed against the door firmly.

"Then let me teach you something..." Kellin's fingers traced my arm. Without warning, his lips met my neck. I stifled a moan when he bit me, then sucked on the spot. Reality came back, so I shoved him off me coldly.

"Stop." I said, twisting the door knob. "And, you're fired." I spat as the door slammed shut and I hurried back home.

☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

Kellin (From now on)

Funny, Vic thinks he can fire me. Too bad he doesn't realize the truth of the matter.

When I accepted this job, I knew what my intentions were. I've known Vic for over a year, he just hasn't known about me. And to be honest, I've always been attracted to him. When his father hired me, we made it clear that only he could fire me. And Vic wouldn't run to his father and tell him about being gay, right? I know so.

I'm impatient, especially when I know what I want. And all I want is Vic Fuentes.

The walk back to my house was short, considering I only live about eight blocks down. I was greeted by silence, the usual. I lived alone in a studio apartment. When I turned eighteen, my mom agreed to help pay me while I made more cash, and I guess that's generous of her. I'm still not very fond of her though.

I was so alone anymore, stuck in my own world. I always hid it behind my flirtation and attitude, but when it came down to it, I wasn't very happy with myself anymore. My mixed emotions were out of the roof, and I had no control on them just like with the weather. You never know exactly what's going to happen, but you can take a guess. I guess at my emotions, and usually I'm wrong.

I don't even know myself anymore.

☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

The next day, I made sure to get to work early, just to be a surprise for Vic. And man was I, and not a good one either.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He yelled at me, slamming the door behind him. I sent a smug smile his way.

"I like it when you use colorful language, it works for you." I stood up and walked towards him, tugging at his tie seductively.

'Don't..." He warned, but I was already into it. He pushed me away when I stepped closer.

"I told you you were fired, but apparently you don't listen to that either?"

"Actually, your dad's the only one who can fire me. It was in the contract." I stated.

"Well it looks like I'll be talking to him."

"And tell him what?" I questioned when his hand met the door knob. "Fire my assistant, he's flirtatious and I like it!" He knew I had point, because he turned around and sighed.

"Fine, maybe I can't fire you, but this flirting needs to stop. It's inappropriate."

"Would it be inappropriate to fu-"

"Inappropriate." He repeated, sitting down at his desk. I let out a frustrated sigh. He's one tough guy to crack. Anyone else would've given in by now.

"You know...I know you like me Vic." I said, taking a seat next to him. Maybe the nice guy approach would work better.

"No, not like that." He replied, eyes meeting mine. I smiled as I slowly inched my face closer to his. Vic didn't budge, and I actually believe that maybe, just maybe, I had gotten my way.

"Stop." He said as my lips were hovering right before his. I could either kiss him or pull away. I obliged.

"Thank you." He said and continued writing. Enough for now.

"What do I need to do today?"

"Those papers over there need stamped, then you're going to do payroll."

"I'd rather do you." I murmured on the other side of the room. I still saw him blush from over here though, causing me to smile slyly. I loved that I had this effect on him. Sure, we haven't known each other for an extended amount of time, but I still knew how he felt about this. Deep, deep down, I know Vic likes this attention. He hides it behind his nice guy act, but I can see right through it. He wants me just as much as I want him.

With a sigh, I stamped the papers as usual, hurrying so I could learn something new.

"Done." I called out fifteen minutes later, Vic stood up and walked over, examining my work.

"Very well, onto to payroll. Come with me." He motioned me back over to his desk, so I obliged, taking a seat next to him.

"All you gotta do is take these time cards, multiply their hours with their pay, and I do the rest, got it?" I nodded even though I was lost. "Okay, good, here's a calculator." He tossed me the calculator and shooed me off. I rolled my eyes as I thought through what the hell I was supposed to be doing. And seven minutes later, I gave up.

"I don't get it!" I yelled in frustration. I hate it when I don't understand. Vic walked over.

"What don't you get?" He asked quietly, sitting down next to me.

"I don't understand what you mean at all." Another frustrated groan left my lips. I was whining as usual.

"It's not tricky, watch." He grabbed my pen and the paper. "All you gotta do it look at their time, which his is fifteen hours, and multiply it by his pay, which is thirteen dollars." Vic leaned in, filling in the small gap between us as he focused writing down whatever he needed to write. I, on the other hand was more focused in on how close his face was to mine.

Vic pulled away and flashed an accomplished smile before catching my gaze. He held it for a moment, before his lips flashed down to mine. My breath staggered. Was he going to do it? No. His eyes closed immediately as he let out a sigh.

"Work." Was all he said before existing the room, living me in my dreamy state.