Assistants and Dearest

XXXXII

Kellin

My phone rang, making me groan. I could tell Leo was annoyed.

"Sorry, just give me a second." I said, sliding out the bed before grabbing my phone. The number had my area code, but it wasn't anyone I knew. Leo came up behind me, placing kisses down my neck. I sighed before pressing accept. "Hello?"

"Oh thank go you answered." A familiar voice said from the other side.

"Vic?" I asked. Leo's hands traced my chest, but I shoved him back irritably. I told him our relationship wasn't supposed to be cute and cuddly.

"Yes it's me and I knew you wouldn't answer my actual cell phone number, so I'm borrowing my dads."

"Really?" I asked, annoyed already.

"I'm sorry, but we really need to talk. I have really, really good news and-"

"I'm kind of busy." I said, looking back at Leo. He smiled at me.

"No, no Kellin please. I mean it." Vic said.

"Doubtful." I mumbled. "I need to go." And with that, I hung up.

"Everything okay?" Leo asked.

"Shh, we discussed this." I explained.

"Yeah, yeah we're nothing but fuck buddies and none of our personal lives will be brought up." Leo repeated, rolling his eyes.

"If you don't like it I can leave." I informed him. He pondered the thought.

"It's fine." I smiled before crawling on top of him. But before I got the chance to lower myself onto him, my phone rang again. It was the same number.

"Fucking seriously." I went back to Leo, ignoring the next three phone calls. Leo groaned, flipping us over. His fingers trailed my waist lines before he pulled my boxers down, slowly. His cold hand didn't waste any time coming into contact with me. I took in a sharp breath, but the moment was ruined as my phone went off again. Leo pulled back and sighed.

"Go see them." He told me.

"But we weren't-"

"Whoever it is will not stop calling, just get it done with. I'll be here." I looked down at my problem. Leo knew exactly what I needed, and he couldn't have got me off any faster.

I waited for the next phone call before answering it.

"Fine, fine. Where do we meet?" I asked without saying hello.

"Thank god, meet me at my house."

"Your house?" I repeated.

"Yes, come through the front door. You don't have to knock."

"O-Okay um... w-what?" I questioned as Vic hung up. "Okay well, I'll be back." I informed Leo. He smiled before waving goodbye. I went into the bathroom to get dressed, and then I left his house.

The walk seemed to take forever, but I think it was the anticipation getting the best of me. Something was seriously weird when he said I could actually come into his house.

When I arrived at his house, I opened the front door slowly, peeking inside. I was worried to say the least. I walked into the house, looking around. Everything looked the same, and the living room was deserted.

"Hello?" I asked, peering around the house again.

"Oh, sorry I didn't hear the door." Vic responded, startling me. "Sorry." He chuckled. I just nodded.

"Yeah... So what do you want?" I asked, being straightforward as usual. It was painful being face to face with him yet again.

"Well I have pretty big news, and I don't know if this make a difference to you or not, but I want to tell you all of this."

"You're so undescriptive. Get on with it." I just wanted to go back to Leo's.

"Okay well I read over the contract and I was looking for a way out of the business," He began. "But I couldn't find anything."

"That's nice." I concluded, walking away from him. I started towards the door, but Vic locked his fingers with mine. i didn't don't know what to do.

"Please don't go." He said softly. it wasn't forceful, I knew I had a choice.

And this time, I made the choice to stay. I turned around and faced him, nodding for him to continue.

"I called our franchise and a found a way out. I went to court... And I won."

"Okay?" I asked, clearly missing the big picture here. "I'm happy for you." I added on.

"You don't get it, do you?" He asked before I could say goodbye.

"I guess not...." I said slowly. "I mean I'm happy that you don't have to take over the business. You'll do great where you are right now and your dad can find a new manager and-" I said trying to motivate Vic. I didn't know what he wanted to tell me all of this, but he interrupted me. Everything made since then.

"No, Kellin. I'm not working at the business at all."

"O-Oh?" I questioned. He nodded.

"I don't know, like I said before, if it makes a difference, but I need to tell you what's been going on since you left." I nodded against my will, becoming curious. I sat down at the dining room table.

"Go ahead." I replied as he sat across from me.

"When I was forced to make a decision, I thought it'd be great for us to just... Wait. But who am I kidding? Waiting for you isn't possible. And as soon as you left, my heart shattered. My heart belonged to you and that business. I thought after you left that we'd move on from each other and I'd handle the business. But during training, I lost all hope in that business. It wasn't what I wanted anymore. I realized I chose the wrong thing. You were right in the shop when you said I chose everything but you." I listened intently for once. "But now I'm here. You're here. And whether you want me back or not, I want you to know that in the end, I really did choose you. I have money now Kellin, I'm moving out. I want you to move with me. I want you to be with me for as long as possible. I can't see myself with anyone but you. You're always on my mind." My heart raced at his words. It was so much. But he didn't stop there.

"I am completely and utterly in love with you, and no one else. And I'm sorry I've hurt you so many times. I shouldn't have been so conceited. I shouldn't have treated you so shitty. At the moment you probably didn't know it, but ever since I realized how much you meant to me, you were always my first priority. It may not seem like it, but I guarantee everything I've ever done was not out of selfishness. I did it for you, I just never took a good look at your feelings on everything. But I want to know everything you're thinking, I want to know what you're feeling. I want to know if you still love me." I smiled slyly. "I want to know if you still want to kiss me, hug me, be angry at me." I laughed at the last part. "So tell me." He concluded. His speech shouldn't have ever ended. I missed his voice so much. I missed him.

"...So you choose me, right?" I asked right away. Vic chuckled.

"Yes, and there's no doubt in my mind that you're the right choice, whether you want to be with me or not."

"Hmm, I'm not sure, let me think about it." I said with a little bit of sarcasm.

But in reality, I was really thinking this through.