Assistants and Dearest

V

"Okay so I take forty times nineteen dollars?" I asked, biting down on my lip. Vic nodded.

"So when that gives me...seven hundred sixty dollars?" I questioned.

"You got it!" Vic said. I smiled proudly. I finally figured it out. "See you're not dumb, it just took you a few times." More like a few days.

Three days have passed since the incident, and I haven't played any moves on Vic yet. I guess I was still holding my breath from last time.

"Yeah I guess..." I said, trying to hide my smile.

"Stop being insecure, you did good." He said sternly, so I just looked up to meet his gaze. Vic coughed and went back to his desk. This was so fucking stressful!

I hated how one second he was the nicest guy to me, but then the next he just doesn't even want to socialize with me. Was I really that bad? I get I'm not the best person, but why does he treat me like shit all time?

"Thanks for making it obvious." I muttered to him.

"What?" He questioned dully, turning to face me.

"Oh I don't now." I said, playing dumb. "Maybe just the fact one second you act as if we're friends and the next I'm a piece of shit!" I finally shot at him. Vic's eyes widened.

"I do not do that." He defended himself. I stood up and slammed the papers back onto the desk before walking back and forth, stewing over my thoughts. The anger was eating me alive.

"Yes, you do! It's the normal thing and I fucking hate it!" I yelled, throwing my hands up. Vic didn't hesitate to stomp over to me and clamp his hand over my mouth.

"Keep it down, these walls aren't soundproof." He whisper yelled, eyes locking on mine. They were filled with anger and adoration. I removed his hand, but kept hold on it. He looked down at the strange exploit, but he didn't move away. My eyes locked on his once again.

"Do whatever you want." I whispered, hoping he'd take the hint. How desperately I wanted him to kiss me. Vic's hand gripped mine before he leaned in, my breath catching in my throat once again. He stopped before me and let go, eyes never leaving mine.

"What I want, is not this." Was all he said before he walked over to his desk. I was so pissed by then.

I stomped out of the room and building, making my way down the street. He's such a fucking prick! He leads me on one second, but the next he hates me. Why? Why me? At first, I thought I was the guy in this situation being dominant, but I don't know anymore. And was what Vic said true?

I've thrown so many opportunities his way over the past month, and he still refuses to give me anything. So maybe he doesn't like me, maybe my assumptions were wrong. God, I hate myself. I always do, not think. I know I'm not intelligent, I just wish I knew how I could not realize such a thing. I'm always wrong, I shouldn't even be surprised.

Next thing I knew, I was teary, and the tears were at the brink of falling. I wiped at them quickly, sitting down against the fence behind me. Work wasn't too far from here, not even a block. I wanted to go home, but I also didn't want to be alone. Why did it matter? I was alone right now.

"Kellin?" Vic's voice came from the side, so I covered my face quickly, stifling the tears.

"Go away." I muttered. Vic's figure crouched down next to me.

"Look, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I change my thoughts on you a lot. I just, don't feel comfortable in some cases...." He said. I looked up and he continued. "Nobody ever flirts with me, and I just don't understand....plus it's wrong because you're my assistant and...yeah."

"Well you could've just said that."

"You don't listen!" Vic admitted irritably.

"You're attractive Vic, it's just in my nature..."

"Flirting?" I nodded.

"I've always flirted with people, I'm straightforward." I felt vulnerable around him right now. "And I hate that."

"You can change that."

"No I can't." I shot back, glaring at him.

"Listen, let's just go back to work and forget about this whole thing."

"And what?" I question. "Continue to be treated like shit and argue with you?"

"I'll try not to, I promise." Vic said, but I half heartily took his words seriously. If he wasn't so damn cute, I wouldn't have continued back to work with him.

The walk was completely silent, but we didn't need to talk. I was too busy lost in my thoughts anyways. Deep down, I knew I should I should stop meddling with Vic, because that's what provoked his attitude to change around me. But fuck, was this hard to avoid! Could I really change so easily as Vic stated earlier?

And most importantly, did I want to?

☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

My body fell onto the soft mattress for another night. All I heard was the sound of my breathing, and the clock that was ticking, until my phone rang. I jolted up and grabbed it, in hopes it was Vic. But what I saw irritated me and surprised me. Matty was calling me.

"Hello?" I questioned when I answered.

"Hey Kellin..." Matty said, using that seductive tone.

"Don't even try." I snarled.

"C'mon, I'm sorry, is there anyway I could make it up to you?" I bit down on my lip.

"You're an asshole, don't call back." I replied before hanging up and slamming the phone down on my bed. What a prick.

Matty and I had some flings awhile ago, and they were all just sex. No connections, just sex. He used me, and I fell into his trap. But anymore, I don't want that. Never had I experienced real attachments, other than with him. God, I fucking fell in love with Matty just to find out he was screwing other guys.

The memories agitated me, so I quickly turned off the light and laid down, staring at the ceiling. Thoughts bubbled up into my head continuously, and I kept pushing them aside. Little did I know that finally, one would slip past my guard, causing me to do something I knew I'd regret.

I called Oli.