Assistants and Dearest

VII

The next day, I strolled in with much more confidence then I usually have. It was mostly just from yesterday afternoon when Vic stopped by.

"Hey." I said, trying to come up with a cute pet name to say, but I couldn't think of anything particular.

"Hey?" He questioned, turning to face me. "That's all you got?" I smiled, reaching in for his tie. I tugged at it playfully.

"I've got plenty more." I replied seductively, but before he had a chance to object, I shoved him back. He smiled.

"I hope that means you have a lot more patience and perseverance, because I'm teaching you today how to work payroll on the computer." I rolled my eyes at his lame come back.

"Lame, but continue on." I followed him to the desktop, sitting next to him. I saw him smile when I didn't attempt anything. Not yet anyways.

"Someones being good today." I laughed.

"Hmm, maybe." I winked.

Vic sent me through the process, explaining everything thoroughly and making sure I understood, which for once, I did. Apparently it was crucial I didn't screw this up. When we were done, I got the printed papers and handed them to him, where he filed them.

"Well then, do I get a good job kiss?" I asked teasingly.

"Oh please, that just distracts you."

"I'm already distracted." My fingers traced shapes on Vic's back. He turned around and grabbed my wrists, holding them firmly.

"This isn't right, you're my assistant and it's against the rules. Do you understand how wrong this is? Do you realize I could get fired?" He said sternly. I pulled away, strolling to the door and locking it.

"I think it sounds kind of sexy...The whole assistant thing." I replied, taking a seat in front of him again, but not touching him. I think it worked better when I made him want me to. I wouldn't indulge in his pleasure though.

"Well, it's not."

"I don't believe you." I shot back.

"Of course you wouldn't."

"I think you like it." My hand met his arm, rubbing it suggestively. He glanced at my action, but didn't move away either.

"No I don't."

"Prove it." I bit my lip as Vic leaned close to me.

"You're right Kellin..." He whispered, causing me to hold my breath. "You're too sexy and I can't resist you anymore." His hand ran up my thigh. I watched in anticipation, finally proud to see I've cracked Vic Fuentes. His hand stopped mid-way, and that's when he leaned in, holding his lips right before mine. He had to initiate it. My hands travelled behind his neck, holding him in place. I waited.

And then he did the least expected at the moment.

"Just kidding." He pulled away and turned back to his work, leaving me there in a daze.

"You're a dick." I mumbled, smacking his arm.

"I know." He chuckled.

"Fine, in that case, no more flirting for you." I joked.

"Great!" He said ecstatically, throwing his hands up dramatically.

"Or, maybe more flirting for you in that case?"

"Whatever floats your boat Kellin."

"Flirting it is." Was all I said before going back to my desk, wrapping up my work for the day. And before I knew it, it was four.

"Do you wanna hang out tomorrow?" I blurted out before really thinking it through.

"Kellin..."

"No, not anything bad, just hanging out. Just because I work for you doesn't mean we can't be friends."

"Just, friends." He cut in, glaring at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah yeah, anyways, do you?" He thought about it.

"You know what, sure, I'll give you a try, but I'm setting some rules."

"Vic haven't you learned? I like to break the rules." I moved around him.

"Too bad, these are different. There will be no flirting, no kissing, and no sexually activity." I scrunched up face.

"Ew, Vic, I want you but not like that." He smiled. "My place tomorrow at three." I said with a hint of joy in it because I was pretty animated.

"See you then." He said, grabbing his bag and heading out the door. I left shortly after, gathering my items and left to the thought of what was in store tomorrow.

☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

The day couldn't have come fast enough. I waited in anticipation for the knock on my door. The last few minutes were disheartening, especially when the clock hit three and Vic still hasn't arrived. I was sucked into my pity party, that was until I heard a knock on my door.

Pushing myself off the couch, I jogged to the door, excitement eating me alive. Vic stood on the other side.

"Welcome again." I said with a smile, letting him in. He looked around the place like before, scoping everything out.

"You're messy." He stated, glancing at the pizza box on the side table and my unmade bed.

"Shut up, I know." He chuckled before slouching down onto the couch.

"So...what do you want to do?" He asked after a few moments of silence were passed.

"Um...I have an idea." I replied teasingly.

"Not. That." He said sternly, removing my hand from his leg. I sighed.

"What are we supposed to do then?"

"We could talk?"

"You and talking, it's boring and-"

"Tell me about yourself, you know for real." He cut in as I plopped down next to him.

"Uhh, okay..." I replied slowly, trying to pry myself from staring at Vic's exposed arms. They were tan and muscular, even though he has a slim figure such as myself. "I don't know." I admitted. He scoffed.

"Oh please, tell me where you went to school."

"I went to Ridgemont, what about you?"

"Clairmont."

Clairmont and Ridgemont used to be a combined school, but they split and my school changed to Ridgemont. They're in two different towns, but fairly close at the same time. That's how I knew about Vic. Sometimes our schools went on field trips to the same places, so I saw him on occasion. He never noticed me though, I was always the kid at the back of the line with his hood up, not really giving a shit on what we were doing. Vic though, well, he was the kid by the teacher, the one most likely taking notes on nothing specific. And that's what makes him cute.

It's not just his looks I like, I just genuinely like and admire Vic. He always did better than I did, but I don't envy him, I admire his work. He has a lot of potential, a hell of a lot more than he gets credited for at work.

"Cool, cool." I replied after I washed away my thoughts. He smiled.

"So..."

"This wouldn't be awkward if you kissed me." I blurted out. Oopsies.

"Funny." I rolled my eyes.

"This isn't work Vic..." I whined.

"I know, which is why we're having a normal conversation."

"This." I pointed to him, then myself. "This is not a normal conversation. This is a lame, boring ass conversation." He chuckled.

"Well go ahead and talk more, you probably have a lot to say."

"What?" I asked, genuinely confused at his remark.

"You're one of those people who keep their feelings bottled up, I know that about you by now. So go ahead, hit me with your best shot. I'll listen, and I won't judge." I rolled my eyes again.

"No thanks."

"C'mon, you always want us to talk and here we are, talking."

"Well talking wasn't what I wanted..." I mumbled grumpily, slouching down an inch. Vic wasn't even fazed.

"Fine, let's do a game okay?" I nodded. "You ask me a question, and I have to answer honestly, but then I get to do the same, deal?" I thought the option over.

If I agreed, I'd get to find out more about Vic and his interest in me, but I'd also put my personal information (If he asked about it.) on the line. I doubt Vic would spread it though or judge me, so I nodded.

"Fine, you ask first."

"Okay...favorite color?" I quirked my eyebrows, giving him my 'Are you serious?' look.

"My favorite color is yellow." I stated. "What about yours?"

"Green." I smiled. "Kind of like your eyes." And then, I blushed.

"Shut up." I mumbled. "Okay ask another." I replied just as quickly.

"What's your family like?" I looked away briefly, processing the most blunt way to put this.

"When I was three, my father left me with my brother and siblings. We used to all be pretty close, but then I figured out I'm gay and my mom didn't agree with that. She doesn't hate me, but we don't talk much anymore..."

"Oh...um sorry for asking..." I shook my finger at him.

"It's okay, yeah, so..." I bit my lip. "What are your opinions on me now?" Vic's eyes lit up a little.

"My opinion on you..." He repeated, looking around suggestively. "Hmm, I think you're a very bright guy, even though you cover it up. You're also smart, but you haven't used that to your advantages. Your a flirt, and a tease, but also messy." I laughed, watching him speak intently. "You're also nice, but can be bitchy when you don't get what you want..." He stopped and looked back to me, sitting still, staring at him with a goofy smile.

"You also stare too much." He added, smiling. And then I didn't care anymore.

My biggest priority over the past month was to earn one kiss from Vic, but now it didn't matter. All that mattered was that Vic and I kissed, no, not who initiated. I couldn't hold off any longer. My action was the classic do, not think.

Pressing my hand against the couch, I pushed forward slightly, bringing my face right before Vic's. He didn't move.

The small gap between was closed as I leaned forward, my lips touching his gently. With a deep breath, I initiated the kiss, capturing his bottom lip between mine. My arms wrapped around Vic's neck, pulling him closer to me. Vic hesitated, but soon I felt his lips move against mine. It sounds cheesy, I know, but the kiss felt so...right. Like it wasn't a mistake. No way could I regret this.

I pulled away a few moments later, moving to the other side of the couch. I assume Vic was either mad, or confused my now. But what he did surprised me.

Vic stood up and cleared his throat.

"I better get going..." Was all he said before walking towards the door. I followed behind.

At the door Vic turned around and smiled and headed out, leaving me to shut the door. But I didn't, not before Vic's hand was on it again. Before I could ask him what he wanted, his lips were planted on mine again, but only for a few seconds.

And without a word, he left me there to shut the door, but I just couldn't get myself to do so.