Assistants and Dearest

IX

Work the next day was miserable. Hell, I was miserable. You'd think getting laid would be amazing, but it really, really sucks. Especially when it's with someone you don't even like.

And I officially hate Matty. He made me believe he changed, but he hasn't. He's still a whore. But what can I say, I guess I am too.

"Kellin?" Vic asked later in the day. There was no news on switching, and honestly, that made me much happier. Until... "I found a guy who's willing to switch."

"Okay." I said lightly.

"Well, uh, it's Alex and he's one of my friends. He's nice and you'll like him, c'mon." He motioned for me to follow him, so I nodded. Taking my sweet time, I got up and walked behind him.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I snapped. But the truth was, I was in an insubordinant amount of pain right now, all from last night.

When we got downstairs, I realized just how noisy this place is. And fuck, do I hate it. Vic led me to a desk where two guys were sitting, both of them smiled at me.

"Kellin this is Alex." He pointed to the boy with brown hair. "And his assistant Jack." I gave them a smile, even though it was all fake. "They agreed to switch, so Jack will work for me, and you'll work with Alex." I nodded in understandment. Lucky Jack.

Silence passed through all of us.

"Well, uh, okay...have fun." Vic and Jack headed off, leaving me with Alex.

I sat down and talked some, and honestly, he was a pretty genuine guy. He was chill, but also knew what he was doing. And we also had quite a bit of stuff in common, so that was a bonus. So maybe this whole switch up wouldn't be too bad.

It just may be a good thing Vic and I seperated before things got out of hand. I don't want him to lose his job, but I also just want my way with him. And as the days passed on, the thought tugged at the back of my head everytime the doors opened and Vic walked in. He never looked my way though, and that hurt.

So with a sigh, I continued work with Alex, never really paying attention because all that was on mind was Vic.

"Are you okay?" I heard Alex ask, so I looked back and met his worried expression.

"O-oh, yeah, just out of it." He smiled slyly.

"It's okay, I have those days." A sly smile was planted on my lips. "Do you wanna hang out after work? We could go to the bar or just to my place." Why would he want to hang out with me?

Alex and I talked some, but not a lot. I considered him my boss, and he considered me his assistant. That's all. Until now I guess.

"U-uh sure." I replied quickly, just because I was nervous and confused. "The bar sounds good." I need a good drink, or two. or maybe I just need to get wasted, I don't know.

All I knew is I needed to get out and do something, anything honestly. And if I went with Alex, my wish would be granted.

☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

"Fuck, dude." I yelled at Alex over the blaring music and crowd. Alex laughed.

"Shouldn't have had that last shot Kellin." My voice cracked as I erupted in laughter. My throat stung from the alchohol, but I didn't mind it by now. I was wasted, and that's all that mattered. And honestly, I'm just greatful I got in without getting busted with a fake ID. I figured out Alex is of age, so he didn't have a fake ID, and he didn't need to know I had one as well. We'll keep that a secret for now.

"May I have this dance?" Alex slurred like an idiot as the music slowed down. I nodded and followed him through the crowd, off to the right of the stage.

His hands wrapped around my waist, so I put mine around his neck. It was new, and exciting. And to top it off, Alex was quite attractive. We started to move in small steps, which was fortunate because I'm a terrible dancer. My body relaxed against Alex's and for once in awhile now, I felt pretty happy.

And I don't know if it was the alchohol or just my decision, but Alex became much hotter, and I found myself pressing against him. He must've noticed it as well, because he smirked at me, but didn't tell me to stop either.

I continued my actions, turned on by now. And from what I felling, so was Alex. That made me chuckle. It wasn't until I made a suggestment that Alex came to his senses.

"Would you like to go upstairs or back to my place?" My fingers traced his chest. He smiled, but soon, it was a frown. He drawed his hands away from me, now looking more like the normal Alex. He no longer seemed drunk, but I knew he was.

"Oh, I'm not uh...gay..." Shit, he isn't?

"Oh, sorry." Was all I said before scurrying off the floor and out the door. Way to embarass yourself Kellin!

I walked down the sidewalk, tripping on my own foot occasionally. Street lights were blurry, traffic was loud, and I was utterly drunk. This was not safe for me to be walking down this street at night. And someone must've knew that much as well, because a familiar looking car pulled up next to me, strolling with me at the same pace. I looked over, but I couldn't make out the person's face. I stopped, and so did the car.

"Kellin? What are you doing?" Vic.

"Vic?" I slurred.

"Yeah, it's me. What do you think you're doing?"

"G-going home."

"Oh, no, no I'm not letting you walk across the upcoming interstate like this. Get in the car." I shook my head quickly.

"I'm mad at you." He rolled his eyes.

"I don't give a fuck, this isn't an option. Get in." I sighed, but obliged, hopping into the car to meet the familiar scent of it.

"How did you find me?" I asked after a couple minutes passed.

"Alex told me after work he was taking you to the bar and then when I arrived to take you out of there, because you're underage, Alex told me you ran out."

"Wait, how did you get in?" I asked curiously, the thought tugging at my mind.

"I may or may not have a fake ID..." I smirked.

"Looky there, Vic's secretely bad..." I flirted like usual.

"Yeah, whatever. What's your address?" I laughed.

"I don't know." He sighed.

"This is gonna be a long night." Was that last thing I heard before passing out in the seat.

☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

"Kellin!" I heard as my eyes were forced open. I was met by Vic's. "This look familiar to you?" I looked out the window to meet some houses that were familiar, because they were one block down from my place. I was drunk, but I was also more sensible.

"One more block." I muttered as he started the car again. And then we arrived at my apartment complex.

"Do you need help going in or anything?" I shook my head, grabbing the keys from my pocket.

"I'm fine." I stated, getting out quickly so Vic and I wouldn't chat anymore. I was still mad at him, even more so now that I wasn't drunk. But I still liked him, I don't know, it's kind of in between right now.

When I entered my apartment, I didn't hesistate to crawl under the sheets of my bed and fall asleep with ease.