Status: currently working on more chapters will be updated soon.

My Eternal: Revealed

Chapter 1

Sookie took a detour that lead her past Lafayette’s house, she saw Lettie Mae running frantic from his house with Lafayette not too far behind pointing a shotgun in her direction, Sookie stopped her car in the middle of the road and hopped out of her car. Lettie Mae hid behind Sookie, “Lafayette what’s going on?” She stood between the two.

“Hello Sookie, this boozed out heffa broke into my house!”

Sookie turned to Lettie Mae, “Is that true?” she asked.

“I said sorry then he wanna come after me like I’d murdered somebody!” Lettie Mae cried.

Lafayette screamed back “You came close to getting murdered yourself, shoulda put one in you when I had the chance!”

“Now how would Tara feel knowing you killed her mama? The only person that loves her in this world-”

“Happy! She’d be happy and better off. Now get the fuck off my property!”

“Lafayette!” Sookie yelled over them.

“You ain’t right Lafayette. God gon’ come down on you!” Lettie scurried off.

“Yeah let’em come on down I’m wide open!” He spread his arms shotgun still in hand.

Sookie sighed, a few cars had gathered behind hers, drivers growing more impatient honked their horns. One man got out of his car. “Hey get a move on!” the man shouted.

Lafayette raised the gun toward him “Don’t make me kill nobody today!” Lafayette grunted.

Sookie looked on wide eyed, the man backed away and returned to his car. Lafayette lowered his gun, Sookie spoke, “Lafayette you can’t be pointing guns at people like that.”

“Yeah, whatever. Where you off too?” he asked.

“Sam called me to cover the new girl’s shift. I’ll see ya later.” Sookie said.

“See ya Sok.” Lafayette waved.

In Tecopa, GA Sadie arrived home with her best friend Dana in toe, “You’re baking..again.” Sadie sat at the island bar.

A smile spread across Claire’s face “You can never have too much baked goods.”

“Not sure that’s entirely true mom.” Sadie said. Dana helped herself to some apple pie and milk. Said watched her mom in astonishment take muffins and brownies from the oven one after the other. “You know I only see you bake like this during the holidays or when you’re anxious. And the 4th of July is isn’t for a few weeks so what is it mom?”

“I’m not anxious about anything.” Claire expressed nervously.

Dana mouth stuffed with pie, “No offense Mrs. Matthews but you’re a Betty Crocker, Martha Stewart rolled into a can of starch.”

“Dana I love you but I never understand your euphemisms.” Sadie said.

“Well, I wanted to talk to you in private.” Claire said.

Dana headed for the door, “It’s cool I can leave.”

“No Dana, it’s fine you’re practically family. Besides Sadie would tell you anyway.”

“Your father will be away longer than expected.”

“Okay how much longer?”

“Not sure, but he’s going to call to let us know.”

“Is that it?” Sadie asked.

Claire placed the plate of double chocolate chip brownies onto the counter, slowly looked up into Sadie’s concerned gaze. “Auntie Jo isn’t doing too well, she’s getting older and honestly thinking of her on that farm all alone, no family nearby to help. I know this summer is important to you and you had all these plans, but if you could volunteer to stay with her for awhile?”

“Mom?” Sadie exclaimed.

“She’d love to see you, she hasn’t seen you in so long.” Claire added.

“Why can’t Uncle Joel, or Robbie or anybody else but ME?” Sadie asked.

“Joel has his business to kept up, I have babies to deliver and a house to keep up, and everybody else got bills, jobs, responsibilities. You on the other hand are a free agent." Claire told her. Sadie's face dropped, Dana laughed, "Oh my God."

“Dana you’re not helping.” Claire said.

“Sorry Mrs. M.” she giggled, “But hey we could drive down there together a road trip! It could be fun!” Dana exclaimed.

“Oh no, that’s too far for you girl to be driving by yourselves. You’ll be flying out on Monday.” Claire took an envelope from the draw.

Sadie opened up the envelope to find a plane ticket inside. “You already had this planned? Why are you punishing me for?”

“It’s not a punishment Sadie, I think it would be good for you to have some responsibly.” Claire said

“And you figure shipping me off to care for my aging aunt is good starting point huh?” Sadie asked.

Claire smirked, “You have to start somewhere.”

 Jason came into the bar. Arlene greeted him at the door "Hey, Jason I didn't see you at lunch today?" she said.

"I took the day off...hey shouldn't you be at home? You know because of...um the Renee thing?" He asked.

"I can't just sit at home and waddle in my sorrows I got kids to take care of." Arlene told him.

"You don't know do you?" He asked her.

"Know what?" She asked.

Right then Sam turned on the TV which was set on the news.

"The young woman who was found brutally murdered this morning has been identified as 20 year old Lisa Kuburik. It's estimated she's been dead for more than two days. The coroner reports that Lisa's throat was slit from ear to ear, cause of death massive blood lost. Police will not comment on if this is the work of the Bon Temps killer." The news woman said.

Arlene felt the judging eyes of everyone on her,
"Another name added to the list." Jason thought out loud.
Arlene turned to face him. "He didn't kill that girl, he's been dead for weeks."
She hurried to the back in a huff. Sookie walked from behind the bar towards Jason. "What did you do?" She asked.
"I didn't do anything, it slipped. " he told her.
"Jason, Arlene is sensitive, especially now and she needs our support, not to be reminded of him." Sookie told him.

"Ok, you're right I'll go apologize. " He went to the back where Arlene was. She ran into the bathroom when she saw Jason coming.

"Arlene." He said knocking on the door. "Come on, I'm sorry alright."
"Apology not accepted!" She snapped her voice echoed through the door.

"You don't have to accept it, but I am sorry really." He said. "I know how you feel, you feel betrayed, Renee was my friend. He killed my Grandma.”

"I'm sorry about your Gran, but it's not the same." Arlene cried.

“I know that feeling of betrayal. Believe it or not Renee isn't the only person whose ever hurt me. A man I trusted and loved dearly turned out to be nothing but a cheater, he wasn't who I thought he was.”

Arlene opened the door, "How could you know how I feel?" She asked.

"We are the same, someone close to you hurt you and someone close to me hurt me, he turned out to be nothing but a cheater.

Arlene mouth dropped, "Are you comparing my situation to one of your sick sex escapades? Because that is not the same thing, I loved Renee we were in a real relationship which is nothing like your homosexual experiments. She snapped shutting the door. Jason left standing in shock.
"Homo- what?... I'm not gay!" Jason exclaimed.

As Jason walked backwards back to his booth Lafayette jokingly looked him up and down.

"I'm not!" Jason exclaimed.

Lafayette just laughed "I know." As he took the trash to the dumpster, he felt like he was being watched as he turned around, what he saw just about stopped his heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am constantly updating chapters, and for that reason new chapters may take a few days to be added. I continue to tweak each chapter until I feel it's ready to be added, but I try to work as efficiently and as quickly as possible.

Thank you all for your support and understanding. :)