Status: currently working on more chapters will be updated soon.

My Eternal: Revealed

Chapter 4

“You all packed?” Claire asked.

“Yeah, that’s everything I need I guess.” Sadie said.

Claire made a suggestion, “Why don’t you spend the day with Dana today, it’ll make you feel better. You have a few hours until it’s time to go.”

Sadie sat on her bed looking down at her feet, “Yeah. you think Dana can come with us? On our way to the airport?”

“I don’t see why not, if it’s alright with her parents.” Claire said.

Later that day having spent most of it lounging in the pool Sadie and Dana get ready to head to the airport. 

Dana gave Sadie the description of her uncle’s car that would pick her up when she arrived in Louisiana.

“Okay thanks for the heads up. You know I don’t think I ever meet your uncle.” Sadie said.

“I call him uncle Lala, but he might ask you to call him Lafayette. He’s real cool though so you’ll be fine.” Dana said.

"And you're sure he'll be there? I don't want Sadie stranded out there by herself."

"Yeah, I talked to him a couple of days ago he said he'd be there." Dana reassured Claire.

At the airport Sadie said her goodbyes but before boarding the plane, Claire reminded her daughter, “Call me when you get to Aunt Jo’s.”

This was the first time she's flown alone and her first time on a plane, the only other aircraft she'd flown in was in grade school when she got to join her mom when she use to be a reporter on a helicopter ride during bring your kids to work day.

That was one of the best memories she had as a child. Looking out the window, they were much higher up than when on the helicopter.

On her way home Tara stopped by Lafayette’s house when there was no answer she used the spare key she had and it seems he hadn’t been home at all. She searched the house when in the kitchen on the fridge she saw a postage note.

It was still dark out Sadie could see tons of tiny lights on the ground, she began to drift off, when she opened her eyes again she could see a glimpse of dawn coming beyond the horizon, she must have been out a couple of hours.

Sadie opened her laptop to watch a DVD when in the corner of her eye she saw a figure outside the window she quickly turned her head to see a man with long dark hair in a black vest and pants flying beside the plane, she blinked once and he was gone. Sadie was sure she just saw her first Vampire, 'They can fly?' she asked herself.

It wasn’t long before the plane landed in Louisiana, For a Monday night it was pretty crowded in the lobby =, she made her way outside Sadie looked for the car Dana described, but in the sea of Taxi's Sadie didn't see it, after about 20 minutes of standing by entrance, Sadie dialed Dana's uncle number and after a few rings the phone went to voicemail. Just as she was about to call Dana she heard someone call her name. She looked to her left to see an African-American woman with braids beside a little red car. “Sadie Matthews?” she shouted. Making eye contact with the woman she began to wave at Sadie, “Are you Sadie?” she asked.

Sadie walked up to the curb where the car was. “Yes, that’s me. Are you LaLa?” she asked.

“No, I’m Tara, his cousin. LaLa has been M.I.A.” Tara helped Sadie put her luggage in the trunk.

“You ever been to Bon Temps before?” Tara asked.

“When I was little, we use to come down for all the holidays and during the summer. My mother’s side is originally from Bon Temps.Most of the Jolivet’s have spread out though.”

“I’ve heard that name before. Are you related to Justine Jolivet?” She asked.

“Yeah, that’s my Grandma.”

“I remember your Grandpa Mr. Jolivet, he use to do those comedy sketches with his guitar at the Jester Club on Rey Ave. Justine would come over to Gran’s house almost everyday. It was real sad when she passed, Gran was real torn up over it.”

“Yeah Grandpa retired after Grandma passed.” She told Tara.

“Your grandpa was so funny, and he could play some good jazz too. You should tell him to come back and do one more show.” Tara said.

“I’m sure he would if he knew how much people missed his acts. So have you ever been to Tecopa?” Sadie asked.

"Never been to Tecopa, but when I was younger my mama, aunt and cousins went to Atlanta when Dana’s parent’s got married. We don’t see them that often but we stay in touch. " Tara told her.

“So did Lafayette over sleep or something?” Sadie asked.

“I’m not sure where he ran off to, it’s not really like him to forget he had somewhere to be today. Good thing I found that sticky note on the fridge, or you’d still be standing there.”