Sequel: They're Wolves

They're Puppies

Secret

The next day I knew my ploy had worked. As soon as I sat down at lunch, on my own. Scott was quick to invite me to sit next to him and Stilles, on the more popular table. Lydia the queen bee and a jock I recognised as a boy named Jackson was sitting with them, and a girl named Allison. They eyed me warily as I sat down.

I pretended to shy away from them, making myself act scared. Scott told the group "Relax guys, she's a werewolf, like me"

Stiles looked shocked.

Allison choked on her drink.

I blinked in real surprise, they were all clued in on the werewolf business? Wow, I didn't think this many humans would be involved, they all must really want to die, they won't last long, no human does with the supernatural.

Lydia snapped "And that makes it okay? What if she's with Derek? A new beta-"

I couldn't hold up my act, a low snarl reaped itself from my mouth and I spat "I'd rather die than be in Derek's pack!"

Scotts friends gasped.

My eyes widened, shit! My eyes glowed red in my brief moment of anger.

Luckily I had Scott, who sprang to my defence, after quickly checking I was okay with it, he told them what I had told him in the forest.

Lydia still looked suspicious but everyone else was more relaxed however Stiles pointed out, like I guessed he would "Why did you have such a strong reaction to Derek?"

I channeled my emotions and I burst into tears.

"Sorry" I whimpered.

They looked confused yet sympathetic.

Fools.

"I just need to go for a minute" I grabbed my bag and ran out of the cafeteria.

Stiles and Scott ran after me, I slowed down, making sure they would catch up with me.

"Hey, are you okay? What was that about?" Scott asked gently, catching up with me.

I sobbed into his shoulder.

Stiles stood awkwardly at the side.

"Sorry, I-I" I whimpered again.

"Please tell me so I can help you?" Scott pleaded.

"Derek" I gasped out.

Stiles stiffened, looking more alert as he watched me from the side lines.

The werewolf turned me around to face him "Derek what?" Scott asked.

"He killed them!" I cried out.

Scott and Stiles both paled dramatically.

"I didn't realise he lived here! I-I didn't know!"

Stiles stepped in, his tone kind and comforting "Didn't know what?"

I choked out, my final lie that would hopefully get Scott on my side, along with his pack of humans, even though they wouldn't be much use, it was Scott I was after.

"Derek killed my pack! I was new to everything, I couldn't fight him or stop him. I heard that he'd left beacon Hills, where he lived, I didn't think for a second he was still here! He'll kill me" I started to babble hysterically "I need to leave, need to go, He'll find me and-!"

Suddenly Scotts arms tightened around me and he growled "And nothing! I'll protect you. Derek won't do anything to you, I promise"

"But" I said, making a weak effort to protest.

"But nothing, like Scott said, we'll help" Stiles said, looking more determined.

From what I knew Scott and his friends didn't trust Derek one bit. It was almost to easy to turn them away from Derek.

Who would they believe?

An Alpha who was turning high school kids and was an arrogant dick or a sweet young innocent girl who had lost everything?

Everything was coming into place.