I Knew You Were Trouble

009

"Hey its a bit of a drive so get comfy." Adam said as he squeezed my hand.

"So tell me again how Sam doesn't know about this?" I asked.

"She's with her friends and I never told her my family and some of my friends were getting together." Adam said.

"Won't your family wonder where she is?" I asked.

"As far as they know she's at home with the flu," Adam began, "Stop worrying so much babe."

I sighed, I wish I could stop worrying.

The ride was long and as we were driving it began to softly snow.

"Liv, relax." Adam said.

I didn't notice I was fidgeting and shifting in my seat, "I'm nervous."

"They will love you! There's nothing to be nervous about, I promise." He said as he lifted my hand to his mouth and kissed it.

--

"Adam!" Adam's parents shouted out in unison as they pulled him into a huge hug, "We thought you wouldn't have been able to make it with this sudden snowfall." His mom said.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world!" He said.

"Who's this?" His father asked.

"Mom, Dad this is Olivia, she's one of my best friends. You know with Sam being sick and all, Liv really wanted to meet everyone!" He said as he squeezed my shoulder.

"Hi it's nice to meet you" I said

"Oh come in, come in it's a pleasure." Adam's mom started, "I'm Abby, this is Joseph" She said referring to Adam's Dad.

We entered Adam's childhood home and began to greet everyone.

"Liv, this is Erin, my sister. Erin, this is Olivia, one of my best friends." Adam said.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you" Erin said as she stuck out her hand to shake mine.

"You too." I said as I shook her hand.

"Where's Sam again?" Erin asked.

"She's at home, she isn't feeling well." Adam said.

"Oh right, anyway it was so nice to meet you, I'll catch up with you soon" She said as she began to walk away.

"She doesn't like me." I said.

"No she likes you, she's just, you have to get to get to know her. Relax." He said.

I sighed.

"Come on let me introduce you to some of my old college buddies." He said as he placed a hand on my back to guide me to the other side of the living room where three guys were stood.

"Mason, Will, Jake, this is Olivia. Olivia these are the guys." Adam said.

"It's very nice to meet you." Mason said as he grabbed my hand and pulled it to his mouth for a peck.

"You as well." I said, now wasn't he charming? Adam shifted uncomfortably.

"Dinner is ready!" Adam's mom, Abby called out and we all began to shuffle into the dining room.

We all sat and began dinner, "So Adam, how did you and Olivia meet?" Joseph asked.

I shifted in my chair. "Well actually she's my next door neighbor, she had Sam and I over for a few small get-togethers and ever since Sam, Olivia and I have been great friends!"

We made more small talk, a lot of it involving his family and friends trying to get to know me and after dinner we got the drinks out and started playing some party games and I was having a wonderful time.

"Let's play 'suck and blow'." Erin said and everyone was in, but only because we were all drunk. Adam sat on the right side of me and Mason was sat on the other side.

Erin started as she placed a playing card on her mouth and it began going around the circle, when it was my turn I had to pass the card to Adam, this was the closest he and I have been all night and it gave me a rush, but I didn't let the card fall. I didn't want to kiss him in front of everyone. As we made our way around the circle again, Mason was just about to pass me the playing card, but he dropped it and his lips met mine.

It was actually nice, nice to be able to kiss someone in public

"Alright, alright." Adam said as he pulled me away from Mason, "Maybe we should head home." Adam suggested.

"Adam you're not going anywhere, its bad out there. You're staying." Abby said.

"Mom, it's not that bad. I really have to get home to take care of Sam."

"I'll let her know, you're not going anywhere. I'll set up a room for Olivia and you can have your old room." She said.

"No, it's ok mom. I'll call Sam. We will stay."

"In that case I think I'm going to get some sleep, I'm exhausted" I said to Adam, he nodded and his mom led me to my room.

"Thank you for everything Abby, I really appreciate it."

"Oh you're very welcome!" She said as she gave me a hug, "If you need anything let Adam or I know, alright?"

I nodded and walked into my room and I undressed and got into bed.

Just as I was falling asleep, I heard a small knock at my door, "Liv you still awake?" Adam whispered

I sat up and he made his way to my bed and sat next to me, we didn't say a word for a few minutes.

"Were you jealous?" I asked.

Adam put his hand on my cheek and pulled me into a kiss, "Maybe a little." He said.

He got on top of me and unhooked my bra and threw it on the floor.

"I missed you." He groaned and he cupped my breasts.

He began leaving a trail of kisses from my neck down to my stomach. He made his way to my underwear and pulled it off and he began kissing me. I moaned.

"Shhh, try to be quiet." He whispered.

Adam then pulled off his boxers and we were one, he kept kissing me as he thrusted in and out in hopes to keep my quiet. Adam moaned as he came and he collapsed next to me.

"Adam" I breathed

"Yes?"

"I love you." I whispered and he paused.

"I love you too." He said and my heart nearly jumped out of my chest.

He kissed me once more, "I need to go back to my room, don't want anyone to find me here you know."

I sighed and kissed him as passionately as I could.

He pressed his forehead to mine and brushed my hair out of my face.

"I'll see you in the morning." He said and he got dressed and left my room.

I began to cry, this wasn't fair. He couldn't love me like I love him, not when he was still with Sam

What was I to do?