I Knew You Were Trouble

010

I woke up the next morning to many missed calls and texts from Riley. I didn’t tell her I wouldn’t be coming home last night and she was worried sick. 9:30am I groaned and called Riley to let her know I was okay and that we got snowed in. Adam’s parents lived in the mountains and it snowed much worse up here than it did where we live. “Come in.” I said after hearing a knock at my door.

“Good morning Liv. Sleep well?” Adam said as he made his way over to the bed.

“Yep.” I said softly.

“Well get dressed, mom made breakfast for us and then we can head out.”

“Okay. I’ll be down soon.”

He nodded and placed a kiss on my head before heading downstairs.

I was still upset about last night but I needed to get over it, I was doing this to myself. I sighed and got ready for the day and headed downstairs.

“Thank you so much Abby for everything, really.” I said

“Oh you’re very welcome. Any friend of Adam’s is a friend of mine.”

I smiled as I placed my plate full of pancakes and eggs on the table. All of Adam’s friends were still over and were acting like teenagers at the table.

“Boys settle down please. Act like the grown adults you are.” His mom scolded them.

I chuckled and began to eat my breakfast.

“Good morning Olivia.” Mason said to me.

“Good morning. Sleep well?”

“I did, thanks for asking.”

I smiled and we stood silent for a bit, I felt Adam watching my every move.

“I was wondering, and I hope I’m not out of line here, if you’d like to go out with me sometime.” Mason asked.

I glanced over at Adam and he looked agitated.

“I don’t know if that’s a good idea Mase, she’s a pretty busy girl.” Adam said.

I glared at him for answering for me. “I’d love to Mason.” I said just to spite Adam.

My answer made Adam choke on his juice. “You would?”

“Yes, I would. Why do you sound so surprised Adam?” I asked.

He shrugged, “Just didn’t picture him to be your type.”

“Adam, enough.” His mom said.

I slipped Mason my number and I finished eating in silence.

“Alright mom, I think Olivia and I better head home.” Adam said as he gathered our things from the previous night.

“It was a pleasure meeting you Olivia. Hope to see you again!” His parents said to me and I agreed with them.
“I’ll call you okay?” Mason said to me with a grin before placing a kiss on my cheek.

“Liv, let’s go.” Adam called out to me with a harsh tone.

We were about an hour into our drive home and Adam hadn’t said one word to me. I could tell he was pissed at me.

“Adam?”

“Don’t talk to me.”

“Why are you mad?”

“Because you’re mine Olivia.”

“But you’re not mine Adam.”

His grip tightened on the steering wheel, “Are you fucking serious right now?”

I grabbed his free hand and gave it a gentle squeeze before he pulled away from me.

“What do you want me to do Adam?” I said softly.

“Do whatever the fuck you want to do, go out with Mason. I don’t give a fuck.” He spat.

“Sounds like you do care.”

“I don’t, I have Sam. I don’t need you.”

His words stung and I said nothing more. We pulled up to a gas station to fill up.

He sighed, “Do you want anything?”

I shook my head and he let out a sigh again before placing his hand on my leg.

“Livvy, I-”

“You’re right, you don’t need me.” I whispered.

“I didn’t mean it Liv. I just, I don’t know what came over myself.”

“You’re jealous and hurt that I showed interest in someone else. I know the feeling.”

He gently squeezed my thigh and got out of the car to fill up the gas tank. I started bawling. I think he finally understands how I feel about him and Sam and our relationship would only get harder from here.