I Knew You Were Trouble

002

"What time did you end up going to bed last night?" Riley asked.

"Um, I'm not sure. It was pretty late though." She raised her eyebrow at me in suspicion, but before she could read more into it I told her I needed to head out for work.

My job wasn't the best, actually it was horrible. It was retail and the holidays coming up made it much worse.

"Olivia?" I heard a 'familiar' voice say, I turned around to see Adam. Was this dude stalking me? Everywhere I turned Adam was there.

"I didn't know you worked here." He stated, I mean how could he know we've known each other for a day!

"Hi." I was slightly embarrassed that he ran into me here, "How are you?" I asked

"I'm great, glad I ran into you. It's nice having a friend in a new place." He said.

I smiled, so I was his friend? Was he flirting though? No, he couldn't be. He's married for goodness sake.

"So where is Sam?" I asked.

He frowned slightly, "Oh she's around here somewhere." He said as he turned to look for her.

"Hey thanks for talking with me last night, I don't remember the last time I had a real conversation with someone."

"I'll be here whenever you need me." I said, wait did I really just say that?

Adam smiled, I heard Sam call out for Adam.

"I'll see you later Liv"

Liv? He already had a nickname for me? What is happening here?

--

"Let me help you!" I heard Adam call out.

I had a ton of groceries that I was trying to lug into the house all at once. Adam was instantly in front of me grabbing as many bags as he could.

"Everywhere I go, you seem to be two steps behind." I said jokingly.

He stopped and stared at me, "Well it's in my nature to help beautiful girls."

I felt myself blushing, this felt like I was in high school again. We placed the groceries on my island and he started to unpack the refrigerated items, "Oh you don't have to. I can do that." I said.

"Oh, it's fine really, like I said I love to help."

I was really confused, a married man shouldn't be helping a single girl, like myself, with all of this stuff. Maybe I should tell him to stop and that I don't want to see him anymore, but I didn't. I wanted to continue seeing him. Even him being in the same room with me gave me this thrill.

I liked this man.

"Liv? I asked if there's anything else I can help with?"

I must have been zoning out, "Oh, no thank you."

He smiled, "I guess I'll head out then"

"Would you want to stay for dinner?"

He looked hesitant,"I shouldn't. Sam will be home early from work and I really should have dinner with her."

I frowned but agreed. "Okay, maybe another time."

"Definitely."

He smiled once again and let himself out.

"Olivia Bennett, did I just hear you ask that man out!?" Riley said as she made her way from the hallway.

"What? No! I just asked if he wanted to have dinner with us, I didn't ask him out."

"It sounded like you were asking him out, you like him!" She blurted.

"I do not!"

"Olivia," She said with a gasp, "He is a married man! How could you?!" She said in a mocking tone.

"Rile, I don't like him. He's just a friend."

There was a knock at the door, I continued to convince Riley I didn't like him as I opened the door.

Of course, it was him.

"Dinner, tomorrow?" He asked me.

All I could do was nod my head, words wouldn't come out.

"Great, I'll be over here by six."

I nodded once more, he said his goodbyes and I shut the door and leaned against it.

Who was I kidding?

I did like him.
♠ ♠ ♠
*edited*