I Knew You Were Trouble

003

"So Olivia, do you want me to leave for this romantic date that you're having in our apartment?" Riley asked me.

"Rile, it's not a date for the thousandth time, " I said as I rolled my eyes, "But yes if you could leave that would be great." I stated.

She chuckled, "It's so a date. You're a naughty girl, dating a married man and all, I mean if that's what you're into... I won't judge." She said as she let out another laugh.

"Oh shut up and go already."

"Okay, okay I'm leaving." She said as she gathered some of her things and headed out the front door.

--

It was six o' five. He wasn't coming, I should just forget it. Then there was a knock at the door. My stomach was filled with butterflies. I think I rushed a little too much to answer the door, "Hi Liv."

"Hi." I said in a whispered tone.

"Sorry I'm late," He said as he walked inside and shut the door behind him, "I went to pick up some wine, hope you like red."

I nodded.

He took his jacket off and got comfy, "How are you? You look beautiful by the way."

I felt myself blush, "I'm great, thank you. You don't look too bad yourself."

I was so awkward.

"Well thank you." He stepped closer to me.

I took a step back, "Well I made steak and mashed potatoes." I said as I served him a plate

He thanked me and took his plate to the dining room table. We had small talk over dinner and I couldn't believe how many things he and I had in common.

I really liked him, but I'd have to keep that bottled up.

--

Adam and I had been hanging out a lot lately, he had kind of become my best friend, my go to man for everything. It was kind of crazy how close we had gotten in a matter of weeks, Riley stopped questioning it and Sam wasn't mentioned much.

"Do you want to go to this Christmas party my friend is throwing?" Adam asked, it was the beginning of December but I guess it was acceptable to throw parties earlier than the actual holiday.

"Sure, can Riley come?" I asked.

"Of course," He frowned a bit, "Sam will be there too." He said in a tone that sounded like he was warning me about her.

I frowned, "Well shit, I thought you'd be mine the whole night." I said jokingly.

He laughed, "Don't worry, you'll get your time."

--

"Are you okay Liv?" Riley asked me.

I guess I looked kind of angry, maybe jealous? He was with Sam the whole night it and it was just me and Riley, but she kept going off with random guys that caught her eye.

"I'm fine." I said as she went off with another guy.

I took another shot, I was definitely tipsy. I was mostly hurt, I felt like Adam and I connected, not just as friends but as more. He treated me like I meant something to him.

Another shot.

I watched them. I watched as she caressed his thigh and as she ran her fingers through his hair.

Another shot.

When she kissed him, I lost it. I wanted him, I wanted that. I lost count on how many shots of vodka I had taken.

I hated vodka.

I noticed Sam get up and walk away from Adam. I took that as my chance to get Adam alone. Boy, was I wasted. It felt like getting to him was the hardest thing I've done in years.

"Liv" He said, "You alright?"

"No!" I shouted, he looked surprised by my answer.

"What's wrong?"

"I want you."

He raised his eyebrow, “You’re drunk.”

"Adam," I slurred, "I really want you."

He covered my mouth and got up from his chair.

"Let's go."

"What about Sam!? Won't she be mad that we are going to bang!?" I asked loudly.

"Olivia, please be quiet. Sam went home she wasn't feeling well."

He grabbed my hand and led me outside.

"We're going to do it outside?! Kinky, I like." I said.

"Please Liv, quiet." He said as he led me to his car, he sat me in the passenger seat and buckled me up.

Next thing I knew I was lying in a bed. My bed.

Adam moved my hair out of my face and tucked it behind my ear, "Go to sleep Liv."

"But I really want you." I said as I tugged at his shirt.

I swallowed hard, and he laid next to me.

"I'll lay with you until you fall asleep."

"Don't you want me?" I asked as I began to shed a tear.

He ran his hand through his hair, "Olivia, you're drunk. Please sleep. We can talk in the morning."

"Can I at least have a kiss?" I asked.

He sat up and stared at me.

"If I kiss you, will you sleep for me?"

I nodded.

He placed his hand on my jawline, and he swallowed hard.

"Are you nervous?" I asked.

He shook his head, "A little."

He slowly got closer to me, and his lips met mine.

It wasn't just a pathetic peck, he kissed me. A kiss that sent off fireworks in my head and made my heart do flips. After a minute or so, he pulled away and took a deep breath in. He didn't speak at first, his words were lost.

"Will you sleep for me now Olivia?"

I nodded and laid down, "Adam?"

"Hmm?"

"How do you feel?"

"Sleep. I'll lay with you until you fall asleep, we will talk when you're sober." He said as he leaned over and kissed my forehead.

"Okay." I said as I drifted off to sleep
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm going on vacation to New York for 2 weeks, I'll be back on Nov 1st. I won't have access to a PC there but I will have more story for you when I get back :)