I Knew You Were Trouble

005

"Wow, you literally are the best at this, I haven't felt this good in-" He stopped mid sentence, and frowned. "I guess I haven't felt this good in a long time."

I smiled, but how is that even possible? His wife was gorgeous, but I guess he wouldn't be here lying with me if his marriage was perfect.

"Me either." I sighed, the last relationship I had was awful but I didn't want to think about that right now, I was with this wonderful man who seemed to be interested in me and I wouldn't ruin that with pathetic ex-boyfriend talk.

"Olivia, I'm home!" I heard Riley call out from the kitchen.

I looked at Adam, "You have to get out of here."

"Can you distract her or something?" He asked.

I shrugged, "I can try."

I quietly slipped out of my room and made my way toward the kitchen, "You feeling any better? I picked you up some lunch."

"Oh thanks, yes I'm feeling better I slept for a bit longer. I'm about to take a shower, thanks for lunch." I said as I headed back toward my room.

"Hey Liv, could you help me with a few more groceries that are in my car?"

"Sure, let me go get my shoes." I said and I went back to my room to inform Adam this was his chance to leave

"You have to be quick." I said

"I wish I didn't have to leave." He said

"I know, I know. Maybe you can come by later tonight." I said with a smirk

"Liv?" I heard Riley call out.

"I have to go" I gave Adam a few kisses before I rushed out the door.

I dragged Riley along with me to get the remainder of the groceries but when I turned back to go the stairs I saw Adam come out of our front door and I immediately made sure Riley wasn't looking, she turned just as Adam was putting his key in his door

"Adam, hi!" She yelled out, he stopped in his tracks and turned toward us.

"Hi girls, let me help you with those." He said as he made his way downstairs and grabbed the bags from our hands.

"Oh thank you, you're too kind." Riley said as she put her hand on his upper arm.

He put the bags on our counter, "Well I'd better head out." He said as he tried to squeeze past Riley.

"Thanks again." She said, she was in complete flirt mode and it was weird because I felt myself getting jealous.

He shuffled past her and said his goodbyes, "Adam," He turned to look at me, "Thank you."

He smiled, "You're very welcome, see you girls around."

I locked the door behind him.

"He is so sexy," Riley said, "I'm telling you I will have hot, steamy sex with him before the year is over."

I rolled my eyes, "You should leave him alone Rile, he's married"

"That's what makes it more exciting! It will be a one time thing and I will make sure it's the best sex he's ever had in his life."

I rolled my eyes, "Right." I said sarcastically.

"I promise you it will happen."

I had enough of her daydreams, I got up and told her that I was going to take a shower.

When I finished my shower I saw a new text message on my phone, ‘Liv, I'd like to have dinner with you tonight. Meet me downstairs in the parking lot at 7:00 and I'll take you out.’

I smiled, I couldn’t believe this was happening.

--

"Adam?" I whispered, he said he would be downstairs where was he?

"Adam?"

And then I felt two hands grab my waist and pull me close.

"Hi beautiful." Adam whispered and he planted a kiss on my lips.

"Hi." I said with a smile.

"You ready to go?" He asked as he took my hand, I nodded and he led me to his car.

"So where are we headed?" I asked.

"You'll see."

We got to our destination, it was pretty far I mean I guess I could understand why we drove far...

It was a nice restaurant, a little too nice.

I would take this opportunity to ask him a few questions I was curious about, I thought it was appropriate to begin asking when our food was brought out.

"So um, Sam didn't question where you are tonight?"

He sighed at the sound of her name, "She's actually out with her friends tonight, she will be back late tonight."

I really liked him but I don't like being a secret, my mind was torn.

"What do you like about me?" I asked.

He stared at me, "You're absolutely gorgeous, you're kind, sweet, funny. You're everything I look for in a girl."

I smiled. He sure did tell me everything I wanted to hear, but this is the answer that would give me some clarity.

"If you don't want to be with Sam anymore, why don't you two get a divorce?" I asked.

He sighed, "Why are we spending this time talking about Sam? This time should be about you and me."

"I'm just curious, I guess."

"Don't worry about her, I'll handle it. Okay?" He said with a smile and he leaned over and placed a kiss on my cheek.

I was beyond curious and I just wanted answers but I guess I'd have to wait and trust him but what made me most afraid of these feelings I was having was.

I believed him. I believed he actually would take care of everything.