Status: active...updates

Who Are You?

Tell Me Please, Tell Me Please, I Need to Know

Vic ~

“N-no,” mom stuttered meekly and stood up straight. “You won’t touch him. He did nothing wrong,” she said. What were they arguing about? “Don’t you fucking tell me what to do,” My father said coldly and backhanded her. My eyes widened in fear and shock, a little gasp leaving my lips unexpectedly.
My mom fell to the floor, clutching her cheek in pain and glared up at my father. “He’s my fuckin’ kid too Vivian and I will do whatever the fuck I want to that little fag.” No. He was talking about me. I was the reason he hit her.
My stomach felt uneasy as a wave of guilt washed over me. She didn’t deserve to be punished because I was such a fuckup. “Don’t you dare hurt him,” mom said, standing slowly and taking a step away from my now advancing father. “You can’t stop me. I am the man of this house and soon enough Victor’s gonna learn to be one too. Little fucking fairy can’t hide behind you his whole life,” he snarled and moved towards mom. “Victor, leave our son be. There’s nothing wrong with him, and you will not hurt him,” My father chuckled darkly, sneering at her. “And who the fuck’s gonna stop me? A little bitch like you? It’s no wonder he’s fucking camp. You raised him,”
I glared, half angry; half hurt, and tried not to shout at him. They couldn’t know that I was watching. “Get out of my way,” he said ferociously and shoved my mom to the side. “No,” She got in his drunken way again, angering him further.
“Then I’ll make you,” he shouted and pulled something out from behind him. I didn’t realize what it was until a second before the loudest sound I had ever heard echoed through our little house.
“NO!” I sat bolt upright in bed, my chest heaving and drenched in sweat. Tears dripped down my cheeks, horrified by my most painful memory.
“Vic?” a tiny voice asked from across the room. I jumped, startled by whoever was in my room, until I remembered that I shared a room now. “Vic, are you okay?” Kellin's tinkling voice asked. He was sitting up too, his skin ghostly pale from the moonlight shining in through our window.
“Y-yeah, Kellin, I’m fine,” I stuttered out, and ran a hand through my damp curls. “Are you sure?” I nodded solemnly. “Go back to sleep,” He watched me warily for another minute before lying back down. He was still looking at me with that concerned little expression when I lay down, resting my head on the pillow. “I’m okay. Go to sleep,”
He still looked worried, but did as I asked and closed his eyes. I was never going to get back to sleep; not after that. I was too traumatized to sleep.
I took my ipod off the bedside table as quietly as I could so as not to disturb Kellin…and so he didn’t start worrying about me again. I was surprised that he was worried, instead of annoyed that I’d woken him his first night here. It was kind of comforting in the weirdest way possible. I had only just met him, and yet he was worried about my well being.
Kellin seemed like the kind of person that genuinely cared about people; even if they didn’t care for him, and I wanted to know why. It was just so unusual; I couldn’t wrap my head around it.
Kellin mumbled something in his sleep, curling his small body into a tight ball as he did. He really was adorable and I couldn’t help myself; I was attracted to him.
He had pretty, large green eyes and black hair with little blond highlights. It contrasted his porcelain skin beautifully, and made him look kind of fragile.
I shook my head violently, ridding myself of those thoughts. No, Vic, stop it. I couldn’t develop a crush on him. It would only end badly, and we’d both get hurt, so I had to avoid it. I would not fall for Kellin Quinn. NO…but he was so fucking cute. Damn it. I sighed in defeat, closing my eyes, and just tried to focus on the music playing my ears. Maybe I could fall asleep….

“Vic, wake the fuck up,” someone said. I groaned and rolled over, pulling the blankets up over my head. “Come on sunshine, you already missed breakfast,” Jaime said, nudging my side with what felt like his shoe. “Go away,” I whined, curling further into myself.
“No, you lazy fuck…don’t you want to spend time with Kellin?” I glared into my pillow, raising a finger at him. “Aw, c’mon, he looks really cute today. And he’s in your favorite place.” I rolled around at the last part. “What are you talking about?”
Jaime’s eyes rolled. “Oh, come on Vic, I’m your best friend. I know where you like to go hide. Down the hill to that tree you like to sit in. He’s doing the exact same thing right now. You guys are just two peas,” I shot him another glare and finally got out of bed, heading to my dresser and pulling out a t-shirt, jeans, and boxers. “What time is it?” I asked him, hoping I could get a quick shower without the warden noticing. “Little after one; the shower’s been free for about an hour if that’s what you’re thinking.”
I grinned and nodded, pulling on my robe and left Jaime in my room. I showered quickly and dressed, heading out to my favorite place in the home. There was this huge tree that had branches low enough to climb, and I loved to just sit up there. It was where I always went if I was sad, or angry, or just bored. It was mine, and I guess I should be bothered that Kellin was sitting in my tree, but I didn’t think he’d do anything to hurt it. I reached my tree after a few minutes, hearing this sweet little humming coming from above me. I looked up and smiled, already knowing who it was. “Kellin,” I said, startling the boy. He lost his balance, nearly tipping himself out of the tree in surprise. His eyes were wide as I climbed up expertly, knowing all the right footholds, and which branches to hang onto, and then continued to straddle the thick branch Kellin was sitting on.
He had his back against the base of the tree, his legs resting along the length of the branch.
“Hi Vic. You scared me,” he said and smiled despite himself. I grinned back at him. “I see that. What are you doing?” Kellin shrugged and looked out a gap in the leaves. “Just sitting, what are you doing?”
“I came out to see what you were doing. I love this tree,” I added, getting a warm smile from him. “Do you come up here a lot?” he asked and I nodded. “This is my favorite place. It’s a great place to get away,” He sighed in agreement, closing his eyes and resting his head against the trunk.
“Did you just wake up? You were still sleeping when I left,” he said with his eyes still closed. “Mhm,” I mumbled and took advantage of the fact that I could stare at him without him noticing. Jaime was right; he looked cute. He had on this dark grey shirt that was a little loose, but looked good anyways, and maroon beanie. The sun reflected off of him in the softest way, coloring his features in a warm, yellow light.
He opened his eyes, blushing a little when he caught me staring. It was cute; I should be the one to blush because I was the one who got caught, but it was him instead. “Were you staring at me?” he asked cheekily, a little smile playing at his lips. “What—no. Were you staring?” Kellin giggled and rolled his eyes. “You’re silly,” he said and closed his eyes again.
“Hey Kellin?” he looked at me silently, waiting for me to continue.
“Why are you here?” I asked, curious as to how he even ended up an orphan. He made a confused little face at me. “I already told you--?” he said.
“No, I mean, not how you ended up in San Diego, but how you ended up by yourself,” I explained, regretting it when his face fell. “Oh, um, m-my dad left when I was a kid, and um, my mom kind of went nuts…she burned our house down and got sent to prison. She, um, she died there,” he whispered the last part, gazing down at the branch we were perched on. “I’m sorry,” I said sympathetically, knowing how it felt to have a nut-job for a parent.
Kellin shrugged a little, and smiled up at me. I was convinced that he was just a happy person. “What about you and…Mike? How did you get here?” I grimaced and turned away, avoiding his gaze. “Um, it’s a long story. And a depressing one,” I said vaguely and started climbing down before he could press it further. He couldn’t know—he’d either hate me or be afraid of me. “Wait, Vic,” he said and moved to follow me, but I was already speeding back up to the manor. “Vic!” I heard Kellin call, trying to get me to stop.
I ignored him and went inside to Jaime’s room. “Hey you,” he said suggestively, flicking his eyebrows. “How was your date?” I glared and fell onto his bed, covering my eyes with my arms and groaning.
“He can’t know Hime, he just can’t,” ~

Kellin ~
I had to know. Why wouldn’t Vic tell me? Especially after I told him; it wasn’t fair. Okay, fine, it was really none of my business, but it would bug me until I knew. I knocked on the door that someone had said was Jaime’s, hoping he could give me some answers. “Who is it?” Jaime’s voice called through the door. “It’s Kellin, can I come in?” Jaime opened the door, peeking his head through the crack to look at me.
“Hey Kells,” he said, smiling widely. “Vic’s with you,” I said knowingly and sighed. “Nevermind,” He chuckled and reached to pat my hair. “Sorry Kellin. And as much as I think you deserve to know, I’m not gonna tell you. They’re Vic’s secrets to tell, not mine.”
I nodded, pressing my lips together defeatedly. “Thanks anyway Jaime. I’ll see you at lunch,” He smiled and turned away; I just caught a glimpse of Vic on the bed, with his arms over his eyes before the door closed. I frowned at the door and walked back to mine and Vic’s bedroom, flopping down on my bed when I got there. “Hey!” someone shouted from outside my room. “Open up!”
My eyebrows knit together in confusion, and I got up to answer the door, blinking at whoever it was. “Hey, you’re Kellin, right?” The boy asked. His gold-brown hair flopped into a pair of honey brown eyes, a bright happy smile on his lips. “Sorry, I’m Alex. I’m supposed to tell everyone that lunch is almost ready. We’re having grilled cheese. How do you like it here?” I blinked again, trying to process everything he had said; he spoke so quickly.
“Uh, y-yeah, I’m Kellin. And its okay, I guess.” He smiled and leaned against the doorjamb.
“Do you like living with Vic?” I shrugged and nodded. “He’s nice. Are you guys friends?” I asked, an idea suddenly forming.
“Yeah, he’s a good friend, why?”
“Well, I wanted to know how he and Mike ended up here, but he won’t tell me. Do you know?” Alex gave me a look, a little smirk on his lips. “Nice try Kellin, but I’m not gonna tell you. It wouldn’t be right to.” I sighed in defeat, my shoulders dropping dejectedly. “Yeah, I figured. You guys are so loyal, it isn’t fair. Does everyone know but me?” He gave me a sympathetic smile and squeezed my arm. “Sorry kid, but yeah, you’re the only one. I take it Jaime wouldn’t tell you either?”
I shook my head.
“How did you know?” I asked him. “If anyone is gonna know something about Vic, its Jaime…or Mike.” I couldn’t help being jealous that I was the only one who didn’t know. It just didn’t seem fair. “Anyway, c’mon, I’ll show you to the rec. room,” I looked at him confusedly, wondering why we would go there. “For lunch, we eat in the rec. room. It’s chiller than breakfast or dinner, so we all just hang out there to eat. And we’re allowed to talk.”
I nodded and followed Alex down to the recreation room. There were teenagers littered about the various couches and chairs, sitting around card tables playing games, or just relaxing. “My friends are over there,” he said and pointed to the farthest table in the room. There were five people already sitting there; three boys and two girls. He led me over to them, the whole group looking up and studying me speculatively.
“Hey guys,” Alex greeted them, and looked back at me. “This is Kellin. Kellin, this is Jack, Rian, Cassadee, Zack, and Tay.” I smiled shyly and gave them a tiny wave. “Hey,” the one named Jack said, and pulled me into a chair next to him. “C’mon Lex, sit down before Harpy gets here,” he said, grinning up at Alex. “Why does he have to sit before she gets here?” I asked. “Because she thinks that standing during a meal is disrespectful. She expects everyone to be ‘seated like proper, civil human beings’ and wait for her to bring the food in,” Rian explained mockingly and put his arm around Cassadee. “That’s stupid. Why does she have so many rules?” Jack shrugged nonchalantly. “Because she can,” Alex still hadn’t sat down; instead he was looking for a chair helplessly. “Jack there aren’t any chairs free. Not over here anyways,” He knelt down, so that his chest was level with table, and grinned at all of us.
Two people walked in; Jaime and Vic, who sat down on one of the couches with two other boys and a girl I didn’t recognize. He didn’t even glance at me.
Ms. Harper walked in with a cart then, stacked with a plate full of grilled cheese sandwiches, napkins, paper plates and cups, and two pitchers full of iced tea. She started handing things out to everyone, filling cups and distributing sanwiches. It was a few minutes until she got to our table, giving Alex an irritated look and handed each of us a plate and a cup.
The sandwiches looked pretty good; I wonder if Ms. Harper cooked them herself. She said that we were all to pray individually and left without another word, rolling her cart away. “Hold up,” Alex said, and moved our food out of the way. He lifted me up, sliding onto my chair, and set me down again, on his lap.
I was blushing, having never sat on someone’s lap before. “Aw Kellin,” he cooed teasingly and took a large swallow of his tea. “Sorry, but I wasn’t gonna sit on the floor for the next forty-five minutes.”
I shook my head at him. I didn’t mind, it was just a surprise. We both started eating then, biting into one triangle of the sandwich, and nearly burning our tongues. “Fuck, it’s hot,” Alex whined, sticking his tongue out childishly and reached for his drink again. “Well, duh, Alex, they were just made. Did you expect cold sandwiches?” Tay teased him and took a bite of hers.
“Jack my tongue hurts,” Alex continued to complain, his arms around my waist, and hands resting on my thighs. “Lemme fix it then,” Jack said, surprising me, and leaned over to kiss Alex. I saw a little flick of Jack’s tongue, and looked away, my cheeks heating up.
“Did we make you uncomfortable, Kellin?” Jack asked me, smirking. “Do you have a problem with us kissing?”
He blinked when I started laughing, confused as to why I would.
“B-believe me Jack, I’m the last person to have a problem with you two kissing. I just wasn’t expecting it,” I answered, taming my giggles. “You’re gay?” Zach asked; the first thing he had said so far.
I nodded and started eating again, enjoying the food in my stomach. “Cool, another for our team,” Alex said and high-fived Jack. “Are you guys boyfriends?” I asked them. They seemed more like friends than lovers to me.
Jack shrugged and spoke around a mouthful of food. “Not really. We act like it though.” That was kind of confusing, but hey, who was I to judge their relationship.
We all ate in a comfortable chatter, Alex and Jack supplying most of the conversation, the rest of us joining in here and there. Vic didn’t look at me all through lunch, and it was starting to grate my nerves. He honestly had no right to avoid me when he had started it. I sighed internally and finished my food, glad that I had at least made some friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter twoooooooo. Alex tho
And because I have zero social life, I want to start another fic where Kellin is a mute and Vic is his psychiatrist's son, who helps him recover, so if you think you'd want to read that, let me know.
title- "A Trophy Father's Trophy Son" Sleeping With Sirens