The Siren of the Sea and the Lobster Boy

A choice

All around me was darkness, but also a faint dripping noise of water. I tried to open my eyes to see where I was but I found it difficult to. I thought back to Jimmy and the look on his face as I disappeared from him. Is he out there right now looking for me or is he not even bothering at all. With all my strength I was able to open my eyes to see where I was. I sat up slowly and saw I was lying on a bed in a cave that had a pool of water. Staring at the water I knew that may be my escape from where ever I was and back to the Freak Show. I slowly got up from the bed and made my way to the water keeping an eye out for Edward. I looked down to see that I was no longer naked but wearing a lose blue dress. I was disgusted to know that Edward Mondrake had touched me in order to put this outfit on me. I was about step into the water when a pair of hands wrapped around my waist stopping me from going any further. I looked over my shoulder to see none other than Edward holding me. I started to squirm in his old only to have him turn me around so I was facing him.
“Will you cease your struggling my love?!”
I froze and looked at him when he called me his love. I was stunned and looked at him straight in the eye. Looking at him I was able to get a good look at Edward Mondrake. His eyes where blue as the ocean and his features were soft with a few aging lines. As I was staring at him, Edward moved me towards the bed and sat me down. He moved away from me and walked towards the vanity.
“Why am I here? Why did you bring me here?”
“I told you my dear. Your song brought me to you but I also fell in love with you. I brought you here to make you mine.”
He grabbed my hand a slipped a ring onto my finger. I pulled my hand down to see the ring staring back at me.
“You want to make me yours?”
He nodded his head at me as I started to laugh at him.
“How can you when I want nothing to do with you. You’re not real and my heart already belongs to someone else.”
Edward smiled at me and grabbed my face forcing me to look at him.
“You mean that lobster boy? How can you care for him when he seems to not even show you the same affection?”
I pushed him away from me and moved away from him.
“You’re lying! Jim does care for me.”
“If he did why is he pinning after that blonde girl? Why did he leave you alone that it was so easy for me to take you away?”
I opened my mouth to reply but closed it. He was in a sense right about Jimmy. He was madly in love with Maggie after everything she did almost a year ago and he always went back to her after a major fight. My feelings for him went unnoticed and that hurt. Edward noticing my silence smiles realizing he has won this. He pulled me to him and I allowed him to letting everything sink in. I felt his lips cress my neck as he whispered something to that other head of his. I let my mind wonder to the freak show and to Jimmy. Was he looking for me or was he happy I was gone. I was brought back when Edwards hand was slipping up my leg. I moved away from him not wanting to be touched. I went to the water and jumped in without another word. I made my way to the bottom and sat on the ground. Edward moved to the edge of the water and shouted to me.
“I want you to stay with me and be my bride. You will be loved and adored by me and I shall shower you with nothing but the best. Think about my offer.”
I did not budge as he moved away from my sight. Edward was right about Jimmy. Jimmy was in love with Maggie and he did not love me like I loved him. Edward told me what he wants to do for me and Jimmy only promised to protect me. I stayed in the water for a few more hours before I made my way to the surface. A towel appeared in front of me and I looked up to see Jimmy standing there.
“Jimmy!”
“Hey there little darling.”
“How did you find me? Wait where’s Edward?”
Jimmy helped me out of the water and wrapped a towel around me. He picked me up and carried me out of the cave.
“I followed him when he took you. I was scared when you two disappeared I would lose you, but I was lucky he just appeared outside our tent. I followed him as he brought you here and waited for the perfect opportunity to strike.”
“Did you kill him?”
Jimmy just kept walking, ignoring my question. I looked around to see we were outside in the forest. Jimmy put me down once my legs appeared and took off his shirt so I could cover up my naked body. I looked up at Jimmy to see that he is staring at me.
“What’s wrong Jimmy”
“I thought I lost you Morticia and that what scared me.”
I put my hand on Jimmy’s face to wipe some of the tears. He pulled me into a hugged and just held onto me tightly. We stood there for a while before Jimmy pulled away from me. He looked at me for a while before he pulled me back into him and kissing me on the lips. My eyes were open in surprise, then after a few seconds I closed my eyes and kissed him back. I never thought this would be happening but here I am kissing the man I loved. We broke apart and stood there staring at each other.
“We should head back to the Freak Show.”
I nodded my head and we started to walk in the direction of the freak show. I then stopped making Jimmy stop too. He turned to look at me.
“What’s wrong Tish?”
“Jimmy, please tell me where did Edward Mondrake go?”
Jimmy sighed and moved closer to me.
“Let’s just say he went back to where he came from.”
“He only goes back when he found a worthy freak to join him.”
Jimmy nodded his head. I was a bit scared there was something he was not telling me. Deep down I know Edward was still out there and he was not going to give me up so easy. I just have to see what happens, but right now I’m with Jimmy and that all that matters. We stated to move again, but I had this feeling we were being watched. I moved closer to Jimmy and looked down at the ring Edward gave me. What he said to me still lingers back in my mind. Do I stay with the man I love or be with the man who wants me?