Middle Earth's Last Hope

Party Hardy

“Final count…forty-two.” Legolas said stroking his bow. Vaeri watches the two’s competition, Gimli sitting on top of a dead Uruk-Hai, his axe embedded in it’s head.
“Forty-two? That’s not bad for a pointy-eared Elvish Princeling. I myself is sitting pretty on forty-three.” Gimli said smugly. Legolas quickly draws his bow and releases an arrow into the head of the Uruk-Hai Gimli is sitting on, startling him.
Legolas smirks, “Forty-three.”
“He was already dead!” Gimli argued.
“He was twitching.” Legolas said simply.
“He was twitching…because he’s got my axe embedded in his nervous system!” Gimli exclaimed moving his axe causing the orc to twitch.
“Forty-three?” Vaeri said walking up to the pair wiping the blade of her sword, “That is a sad number for the both of you. My final-count was fifty-one and I was unconscious for part of the battle.”
Gimli’s mouth dropped open, “Fifty-one, blast it! Where did those Uruk-Hai go!’ Gimli grumbled standing up looking for more foes that were already gone. Vaeri laughed and Legolas came up to her.
“How is your head?” He asked kissing the top of her head lightly.
“Much better, it’s just a bump now.” Vaeri said. Legolas ran a finger on the cut on Vaeri’s lips; it had already begun to scar. “It’s going to be there forever.”
“I like it.” Legolas said and Vaeri smiled up at him.
“I’m going to go find my sister.” Vaeri replied giving Legolas’s hand a squeeze.
“I’m going to find Gimli and see if we can’t find any more Uruks to kill and get our count higher.”
Vaeri found Nlaea surprisingly quickly, she stood on the balcony of the keep looking towards the mountains. “How are you?”
“Not good.” Nlaea said sadly, Vaeri was about to speak but Nlaea silenced her, “I thought you were dead. I saw the Uruk about to kill you and then the wall just exploded. I had never been so scared in my life.”
“Nlaea, it’s over now.” Vaeri said trying to comfort her sister.
“But it’s not. The ring has not been destroyed and there are many battles yet to be fought for the freedom of Middle Earth.”
“That is true, but for now we can celebrate this victory.” Vaeri said smiling at her sister shyly, she returned the smile half-heartedly. A woman tripped up the stair running into Nlaea.
“My bad…” The woman gasped, “You are with child?”
“What..?” Nlaea asked completely shocked by the woman’s question.
“You are with child. I am a seer.” The woman said motioning to herself. “I must go.” The woman disappeared into the crowd of refugees heading back home.
“You’re pregnant?” Vaeri gasped, grabbing her sister’s shoulder. “Were you hit in the stomach? Did you fall?”
“No, no, no!” Nlaea said a small smile forming on her lips, “The only injury I sustained was the wound on my arm.” Vaeri sighed in relief. “I can’t believe I’m pregnant!” Nlaea squealed in joy.
“What did you not have sex or something?” Vaeri asked raising an eyebrow, laughing lightly. Nlaea punched her in the shoulder. She raised her hands in defeat not wanting to argue with a pregnant woman.
“Just because I had sex doesn't mean I would become pregnant.”
“I know thank the Evening Star.”
“Vaeri! You are suppose to save yourself for your husband!” Nlaea scolded her.
“We’re practically married as it is!” Vaeri exclaimed not believing her sister.
“Until there is a ring on that finger and the vows are said it hasn't happened,” Nlaea said her frown turning into a smile. “So does ‘it’ run in the family?” She asked winking at Vaeri.
“As much as I hate to say it,” Vaeri said sighing, “It does. There is to be a feast tonight, will you be there?”
“No, I’m afraid not. I got word that Thranduil needs me back in Mirkwood, so I’m going to be riding out soon with what is left of our troops. Though I did bring you a bottle of your favorite Liquor; Berdruskan.”
Vaeri said grabbing the bottle in shock, “Well, cut off my ears and call me an elf…” Vaeri mumbled as she examined the liquid.
“Remember don’t give to any humans they could die from poisoning.” Nlaea said, she heard the Mirkwood Horn blow, it was time for her to leave. “I will see you soon?”
“Sooner than you would wish.” Vaeri said sending a wink to her sister, she pulled her into a hug not wanting her to leave. “Goodbye.” Vaeri watched as Nlaea left, missing her sister already.

**
Vaeri sat at a table laughing with Gimli and Legolas, “So how did the meeting with Saruman go?”
“The bastard fell of his tower and we found the two little half-lings smoking pipe weed and eating salted pork.” Vaeri chocked on her water.
“Wait they are back?” She stood up looking around the hall of Edoras.
“You didn't know?” Legolas asked.
“No!” Vaeri squealed running through the hall looking for her favorite hobbits. She found them singing and dancing on a table top.
Pippin was the first to see her, “Vaeri!” He exclaimed jumping down from the table.
“How is my little fool-of-a-Took doing?” Vaeri exclaimed hugging Pippin, they were quickly joined by Merry.
“We helped the Ents defeat Isenguard,” Pippin said proudly, grabbing his vest. “It was my idea as well.”
“It’s true, he lead the Tree Beard past Isenguard and they went to war against him.” Merry said pride for his friend filling his voice.
“Ah, there you are!” Gimli exclaimed finding Vaeri, “It’s time for our drinking game! No one can beat me!”
Vaeri laughed, “I will see you, little ones later.” She said rubbing their heads. Gimli led Vaeri to the table where Legolas stood and Éomer stood leaning against a barrel of mead.
“No pauses, no spills.” Éomer said to the three of them.
“And no regurgitation.” Gimli said gleefully.
“So it is a drinking game?” Legolas asked confused about what they were about to do.
“Aye!” Some onlookers exclaimed.
“Last one standing wins! Heh heh heh!” Gimli exclaimed beginning to down his first glass.
Vaeri grabbed her tankard beginning to drink, Legolas sniffed his before doing the same. They downed their drinks quickly. Soon they were on their tenth tankard, Gimli farts and Vaeri giggles at him.
“Heh heh heh, Here here.” Gimli said the mead clearly taking an affect of Gimli, “Raar, it’s the dwarves that go swimming with little hairy women!” Gimli said randomly in his drunken state before downing another tankard.
“I feel something.” Legolas said suddenly staring at his fingers. “A slight tingle in my fingers. It’s affecting me.” Legolas looked deeply concerned by the notion. Éomer raises an eyebrow at him surprised. Gimli goes cross-eyed. He groans before falling backwards off of his chair into a drunken sleep.
“I guess that is game over?” Legolas asked looking at Éomer.
“What are you talking about?” Vaeri asked, “We are both still standing, but I have something that will knock us down.” She said pulling out the bottle of Liquor her sister had given her.
Éomer looked at the bottle curiously, “What is that?”
“Elven hard liquor. Don’t drink any. It will poison you.” Vaeri said as she popped off the cork to the bottle. “Let’s see how well you can handle your liquor.” Vaeri said pouring each of them half a tankard. “I’ll be surprised if you can finish that.”
“Ladies first.” Legolas said trying to avoid drinking the liquor.
“Fine.” Vaeri said as she grabbed the tankard swallowing the hard liquor, it burned her throat all the way down. “Oh, this is going to be bad…” Vaeri mumbled after she finished the tankard. “Don’t drink all of that.” Vaeri said to Legolas already felling the affects. Legolas took up the tankard drinking a bit more than half, he grimaced at the taste.
“That is awful.” Legolas said looking down in the tankard, “Are you going to survive?”
“Probably not…no.” Vaeri said hiccuping and she burst into giggles.
“Dang, I wish I was an elf just so I could try whatever that stuff is.” Éomer said looking in surprise at Vaeri.
“Trust me, you don’t.” Vaeri laughed lightly as she walked over to Legolas and draped her arms around his shoulders from behind. She placed her mouth next to his ear, “Let us go back to our room and have a little fun.” Vaeri purred into his ear with a nip.
Before she knew what was happening next, Legolas was standing his hand in hers, pulling her out of the main hall and into their chamber. As soon as the door closed, he pushed her against the door, kissing her lips greedily and she replied just as eagerly.