Middle Earth's Last Hope

Nazgul and Elephants

The ground quaked as their new foes approached them. Their feet stomping into the ground making the world shake. Massive elephants approached them each painted in a unique design for war. On top of the hefty elephants sat a saddle of sorts that held at least 50 men.
Her horse stamped nervously at the ground, she could feel its terror running through her own body. Vaeri ran a hand through it’s mane whispering to her steed. Everyone began to charge around them and they quickly joined.
It was horror. The determination and bravery that once flowed through their veins was no dwindling into nothing but hopelessness. With each wave of the elephants mighty tusks at least ten man and horse were thrown through the air—killing the instantly. If they were lucky.
Vaeri laid low to her horse watching the elephants movements like a hawk, dodging each swing of their tusks. Éowyn mirrored her knowing her best chance was to follow her movements. “DUCK!” Vaeri screamed as a tusk whizzed over her head only inches away.
Looking at the elephant charging towards them head on she grabbed two swords at her waist—holding them firmly in her hand. Weaving around the trunk, Vaeri slashed out her swords cutting the animal’s knees.
The elephant roared above her, standing on it’s hind legs at the wounds Éowyn and her had just committed. Seeing no threat in front of them, Vaeri quickly turned her horse around stopping for a breather. A laugh escaped her lips, her body still quacking with adrenaline. “My lord where are our elephants?” Vaeri asked turning her head towards Éowyn and Merry.
Éowyn let out a small laugh before the shrieks of the nazgul were heard from above. Looking up, she could see the nasty beasts and their black riders flying through awaiting to release chaos. A swarm of orcs charged their direction and the three gladly greeted them.
Vaeri and Éowyn fought side by side refusing to leave each other’s side. They fought bravely cutting down any foe that stood in their path. Orc after orc laid at their feet, blood covered their armor. Vaeri had long ago used all of her arrows and was now using her blades to strike down her opponents.
A scream tore through the sky, the scar in Vaeri’s side blazed with a blinding fire causing a scream to tear through her lips. As she looked up, a nazgul was headed straight towards them it’s razor claws prepared to kill. Vaeri dove.
Éowyn landed on the ground in shock. She watched in horror as the nazgul’s claws came down upon her friend. Quickly dragging Vaeri away before she could even move. Éowyn cried out rushing to her feet but it was too late.
The claws dragged across the flesh of her back before closing around her tunic. Another scream flowed through her as she was lifted into the air until everything became specks of black on the ground. Turning frantically in it’s grasp, the cloth of the tunic ripped and she began to fall back to battle below.
Reaching out desperately, Vaeri grabbed onto one of the slick claws almost slipping. With her other hand, Vaeri reached towards her thigh trying to grab hold of the dagger there. Her fingers slid around the handle and she quickly slammed it into the beast trying her best to move her way up the Nazgul.
Climbing onto it’s scaly back, Vaeri crawled her way to the Ring Wraith waiting to plunge her dagger into it’s putrid form. She plunged the dagger into the back of it’s head. It screamed raising its hands to it’s face as the Wraith folded into itself—falling off of the Nazgul in the process.
Her arm throbbed in pain as she grabbed onto the reins. It fought her fiercely trying to throw her from it’s back. It spun through the air before turning sharply and plummeting towards the ground. Vaeri held on desperately clutching onto whatever she could trying not to be thrown to certain death.
Only a short distance from the ground, Vaeri yanked as hard as she could on the reins forcing the Nazgul to stop it’s plummet. Taking the dagger in her hand, she shoved it into it’s hard flesh the creature screamed as it crashed against the Earth flinging Vaeri from it’s back.
Vaeri plowed into the ground, tumbling to a stop. She laid there her eyes closed as she bite her lip trying to hold back the pain radiating through her arm. Peeking at her injury, she saw that the flesh of her forearm had been rubbed off leaving nothing but blood.
The Nazgul screamed in furry as it recovered from the wound in it’s neck slowly beginning to stalk upon Vaeri’s still form ready to consume her flesh. Her head throbbed, her body sore. Vaeri reached for her sword finding it’s sheath empty. Turning her head, Vaeri searched desperately for a weapon hearing the creature slowly approaching her.
A sword lay only inches from her hand and she reached for it desperately—her finger tips grazed it’s leather handle but it was too late. The Nazgul stood above her now. It’s foul breath hot on her skin, it’s razor teeth only inches from her face.
It raised it’s head high in the air, its beady black eyes showing Vaeri her own death. She reached her hand out desperately for the sword not wanting it to end like this. But deep down inside her, Vaeri knew that she wasn't going to make it in time. Closing her eyes, Vaeri thought of one thing. Legolas.