Status: In Progress (Comments/Suggestions Welcomed)

Rikers Island Jail Football Program

BREAKING: “The Warden” Shot! Rushed to Hospital!

(October 19th, 2007) At 3:31am, Elwood Jenkins a.k.a “The Warden” was shot multiple times in a drive-by shooting.

“The Warden” was standing guard of “The Jailhouse” dome which is currently being built. “The Warden” was making rounds of the perimeter, when a Teal Hatchback sped up and the driver opened fire on “The Warden.”

“The Warden” appeared to have been hit multiple times throughout his chest, abdomen, and upper thighs. He collapsed to the pavement, and was unresponsive once the EMT officials arrived. He was still breathing, so officials elected to rush him to the hospital.

“The Warden” remains in ICU and has had multiple surgeries since his arrival at the hospital. Rumors are floating around that he may have been hit 10 or more times.

An eyewitness on the scene, Claude Newman, claims to have seen the shooting. He advocated that the shooter was the same “big ole boy” that has been after “The Warden” from the start. When asked how many shots were fired, Newman’s story once again caused authorities to question his credibility.

“I’d say a couple hundred shots was fired. Just unloaded the clip on the poor Warden. He hit the ground like a sack of potaters! I was trying to crawl over there but I’d been out dranking with my boys, and after a keg or two, my legs just stop walking right I guess. I could see it was that same big ole feller that’s been vandalizing “The Warden’s” stuff and making all them threats. Same greenish blue car too!”

Newman was sitting on the ground because he was too drunk to stand, and his incoherent story is likely pure fiction.

This is a truly solemn time as the world watches to see if Elwood “The Warden” Jenkins will survive the deadly shooting. Our thoughts go out to his family and friends.