Status: In Progress (Comments/Suggestions Welcomed)

Rikers Island Jail Football Program

Deadly Fire Erupts Outside Local Store

(December 4th, 2007) A horrific traffic incident left one man dead late this evening.

Travis Johnson was driving his teal Geo Metro hatchback while intoxicated at excessive speeds. Soon, Johnson lost control of his car and it slammed into the shopping cart corral of the local Quickie Mart. Flames instantly engulfed the teal hatchback before Johnson could react. Soon the fire reached the gas tank and the teach hatchback blew up into many flying parts.

The only eye witness at the scene, Claude Newman, hid behind a shopping cart full of junk food and soda right before the car exploded. Once the dust settled, Newman, stood up and saw that the burning parts had shredded the junk food and soda but also saw that he was completely okay.

He then rushed to the car and fought through the flames to see if he could help. EMT officials arrived moments later and pulled Newman away as he tugged at the passenger door. Newman swore that he saw two people in there as the car swerved into the parking lot.

“I saw it with my own two eyes! There were two fellers in that car, a big ole boy and a pale old feller in the passenger seat! I saw the big ole boy get burnt up but I ain’t seen the old pale feller. That’s why I was fighting my way in, I thought he was still in there! They say nobody was in there, and I know nobody got out. I swear I saw that old pale dude though!”

Once again, Newman’s drunken stories seem unreliable…, or could this “pale old feller” be a visit from the great beyond of “The Warden” ensuring that his killer is brought to justice…?

This Quickie Mart was also the scene of the shooting where a shooter in a teal hatchback shot at “The Warden” and his wife, Connie. December 4th is also “The Warden’s” birthday….