Status: In Progress (Comments/Suggestions Welcomed)

Rikers Island Jail Football Program

Fu Fu Brown Remains Locked in Solitary

(September 12th, 2012) Authorities are reporting that inmate, Fu Fu Brown, remains locked in solitary confinement following her past escape of the jail’s medical ward.

Fu Fu is a Co-Captain of the Rikers Island Cheerleading Squad. She was unable to participate in last week’s game against Army due to being in Solitary Confinement.

Fu Fu’s escape from the jail’s Medical Ward, which caused all of this time in Solitary, was unlikely to say the least. Fu Fu injured her back severely during the pregame show of Rikers Island’s game against Navy. Fu Fu had tried to get up but couldn’t walk and had to be carted off the field on a rolling stretcher.

She spent multiple days on bed rest at the jail’s Medical Ward before a daring escape on foot which resulted in her being tackled and apprehended by senior officer, Flapjack Cooke.

Authorities wouldn’t give a timetable for Fu Fu’s release, but officer Cooke provided some insight as to how long inmates with similar offenses ususally stayed in solitary confinement.

“It really all depends on the manner of which the inmate chooses to conduct himself or herself during the solitary confinement. If they act politely and behave calmly, we may only keep them in solitary for a few hours, but if they choose to conduct themselves poorly, they may stay for months, even years.
Ms. Fu Fu Brown has chosen to conduct herself extremely poorly."

"She was cited for yelling absurdly profain comments on the first day. Then attempted to get violent when her food was delivered to her through the slot. She wasn’t feeling bologna sandwhiches that night and proceeded to throw the sandwhich into the hallway and ridicule the guards. Following a day of peace, she attempted to get the guards to submit a letter that she had written to the local newspaper. This letter was very threatening and obscene so we denied it. This infuriated Ms. Fu Fu, so she once again became hostile."

"She later tried to pass off another letter to be submitted to the newspaper, but this letter was threatening to the same people the first one was, while also including new threats aimed towards the guards who rejected the publishing of her first letter. This prompted us to take away Ms. Fu Fu’s pen. She refused to give it up peacefully, so Ms. Fu Fu was pepper sprayed continuously until she was flopping around in her cell, and officers went in and removed the pen."

"Ms. Fu Fu was quiet for a few days, so we figured that she had been cured. However, upon searching her cell, guards found that she was using a plastic spork to carve out threatening messages on her cell wall towards myself and other guards. Ms. Fu Fu has now lost the privalidge to eat meals that require a spork. She’s down to only bologna sandwhichs and PB&Js."

"As stated before, we will continue to monitor Ms. Fu Fu’s behavior, and when it is deemed appropriate, Ms. Fu Fu will be allowed back into the general population.”

Officer Flapjack Cooke’s insight was really appreciated since we have been unable to get any input on Fu Fu’s status since she went to Solitary.

It appears as though Fu Fu Brown is having a hard time behaving. Many wonder if she will ever be able to behave well enough to be released from solitary.

Only time will tell….