Status: In Progress (Comments/Suggestions Welcomed)

Rikers Island Jail Football Program

More Bad News

(September 14th, 2012) Late this afternoon, Rikers Island head coach Connie Jenkins learned more bad news about the availability of her roster.

Starting defensive end Benjamin Nunez was sentenced this afternoon for charges of selling a large amount of crack rocks out of a stolen Ice Cream truck.

Nunez was sentenced to 6 consecutive life sentences for possession of 980 kilos of crack rocks stuffed in the back of a stolen Ice Cream truck.

Nunez will be transferred out of Rikers Island Jail and off to a Maximum Security Prison where he will spend the rest of his life.

Connie issued a statement this evening following the news of Nunez departing from the team.

“This hurts. A lot! Nunez was a scrappy defender who fought hard every play. He was actually the only player on the team to get credited with a tackle so far. His void will be utterly impossible to replace but rest assured that I will find a way to put the best possible team that I can out there, each and every week. A starting position is vacant so its up to the guys to show me who wants it at practice.”

Nunez was clearly a bad egg, and is now sitting in a maximum security prison because of it. However, the void that he leaves on the Rikers Island defense could be enough to sink the ship.

Only time will tell if Connie can successfully fill the voids at backup running back, kick returner, and defensive end in the few hours before kickoff tomorrow against Air Force.