Status: In Progress (Comments/Suggestions Welcomed)

Rikers Island Jail Football Program

“The Warden” Public Speech Soured as Crowd Rebels

(September 24th, 2007) Elwood “The Warden” Jenkins held a public presentation earlier today at the Rikers Island Auditorium to attempt to rally support from the tax payers for the Rikers Island football program. “The Warden” is currently serving as the warden of the Rikers Island Jail Complex.

“The Warden” is a powerful speaker, with charisma and a profound presence on the potium. He spoke of the revival of a dream, instilling hope into members of society who messed up, and sharing the joy of life with those who don’t get to have fun for years. He pounded the stage and instructed the people to rise up and dare to go against the grain in order to give hope to a troubled group of people.

While “The Warden’s” speech was compelling, it wasn’t pleasantly received. Hostile insults, and loud booing quickly ensued. Small items were tossed up on stage, and threats began to occur. “The Warden” stood firm and said that he wouldn’t back down. He took his stand and would stand by it. As the items being thrown on stage became larger and more dangerous, officers advised that “The Warden” run off the stage for his own safety. “The Warden” proudly walked off the stage despite the booing.

It should go without saying that the tax payers are not happy about the tremendous tax increase that would occur if the Rikers Island football program starts up yet again.