Status: Sit back and relax lads and lassies ;)

The Trials Of Friendship

Chapter 1

The sun blazed down on a young mans fair mop of hair. He held his leather suitcase firmly in his right hand, as if it would just suddenly take off. His eyes gave a playfull glint as he watched his other friends/bandmates fighting over who would sit in the front. This young man was none other than John Lennon, which mean the rest of his band mates were in The Beatles.

It was actually Ringo's idea, he told the lads last week they needed a small holiday. A week in the country would do them some good, getting away from the busy city of London and not to mention the screaming fans. They loved that they had gained so much fans over the past year, but it did give you a headache and loss of sleep at times. So they settled the plan that they would drive down to Paul's uncles old house in the country. It was basically in the middle of nowhere, so just what the boys needed.

"Its not yer car!" George whined at Paul, really wanting to get the front seat. John chuckled and made his way down to his car; He could just decide for them, stop all the arguing but this wa far too much fun.

"Am the oldest!" The bassist argued right back, making the youngest huff in annoyance. Ringo rolled his eyes and put the suitcases in the boot, honestly he could expect this from George, but Paul well this was a lot different.

"So! Just by like nine months! It doesn't make a difference!" He shot right back, leaving John to sigh in irritation. It stopped being funny when a headache came on. Slamming the boot shut, he managed to startle the bickering women.

"Right i bloody decide, and since yer arguing over this and making it a huge fecking deal. Ringo sits upfront". He decided, smirking as their faces fell. George was about to protest but John put his finger up to his lip. "Not a bloody sound". He warned, the youngest gulped and got in the back with Paul.

"Cheers Johnny boy!" Said the drummer happily, petting the others back before hopping in the passangers side.

"Aye Richie, lets just get going";. He said, getting into the drivers side and closing the door. He took the map from the overhead compartment and looked over it, using his middle finger to go along to roads they have to take. "Right that's fine". He said, passing the map to Ringo incase he needed it.

"How long will it take?" Paul asked, pushing George's head off his shoulder. "Light weight". He muttered, as the lead guitarist was almost asleep.

"Four hours". Said John, starting up the car. George's eyes snapped open, he sat up fully with a shocked expression.

"Four hours!" He yelled. Ringo laughed, shaking his head.

"What, that too long fer ye?" The drummer teased, watching as the youngest huffed and shook his head. He always hated long car journeys, they were always too hot and boring.

One hour later, Paul was asleep with a long piece of droll hanging from his mouth that George laughed at from time to time. Ringo was studying the map carefully, watching every move not wanting to get lost. John was fine, he knew exactly where they were going now and didn't ask for any help yet. "George, leave Paulie along". Ringo scolded, noticing the younget was proding his face.

"But its funny Ringsie! He looks dead!" He laughed, causing John to smirk from the front.

"Sleeping beauty all tuckered out". He teased, making Ringo roll his eyes. Sometimes the drummer felt so mature and if not boring compared to the others. He could never just let his hair down and joke around, he always felt like he needed to be a parent to some of them. John was different though, he did look after the band carefully but goofed off a lot and teased the other. They all knew he was joking though.

"Yeah! Princess Paulie!" Laughed George, clutching his sides.

"Right, lets leave him alone now. Settle down George". The drummer warned, looking back at the map once the guitarist had stopped laughing.

"Can we stop!" John sighed angerly and looked back at George.

"Now?" He asked, trying to keep his voice calm. He really didn't want to make any stops today, they could have been there in less than four hours.

"Just stop mate". Ringo said softly.

"Yes please John! A don' want te get yer seat wet!" George pleaded, wiggiling around like a warm. With that said, John slammbed on the breaks at the side of the road.

"Go Georgie". He said more calmly. George thanked him and ran out.

"We'll get there soon mate, only two hours te go". Ringo said hopefully.

"Is that all?" A voice from the back said. Both turned around to see Paul was up, and rubbing his eyes. "How long 'ave a been asleep fer?"

"An hour and a half or something". Answered George, getting back into the car and scaring the bassist. He giggled, "Sorry". Paul playfully hit him on the arm.

"Whatever mate". He said, yawning again. "Can't wait te get there, haven't been te me Uncles old house in years!"

"Yeah you said, whats it like?" John asked curiosuly, continuing to drive again. Paul shrugged and leaned against the window.

"Can't really remember mate, all's i know it big".

"Like a castle?!" George asked excitedly, bouncing on his seat.

"Yeah, like a castle Georgie". The bassist said with a smile, loving the fact that the youngest was getting excited about an old house. "But i do remember one thing". He said after a few moments of silence.

"Oh? What's that son?" Ringo asked, putting out his cigarettes and passing one to John.

"Just a lot of weird noises, was probably nothing though cause i was really young and my imagonation would 'ave been running wild". He said, reasurring the rest.

"Better not be haunted". George said, his face looking a little pale. The bassist chuckled and petted George's back.

"Nah mate, Am sure of it".
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a wee bit of banter and what not, enjoy! :D